ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tiger walks off course

Check the front page of tomorrow's NY Post over on Drudge now.

It's a worthy rival to their HEADLESS BODY IN TOPLESS BAR classic.

Check the front page of tomorrow's NY Post over on Drudge now.

It's a worthy rival to their HEADLESS BODY IN TOPLESS BAR classic.
DBCEIPDWAAEXWkD.jpg

Reactions: shields
Tiger releases a statement this morning that it wasn't alcohol. Says a bad reaction to medicine he is taking.
3am. Refuses to take breathalyzer test. EDIT. TMZ has it wrong. Tiger did take text.

Last edited:
There's a decent chance that the arrest report and video from a dashboard camera in the police car may also come out, beginning today.

If Tiger was slurring his words and unsteady on his feet after being stopped then he will take another hit to his image. But as long as Nike continues its sponsorship then he will be ok financially.

He's had four back surgeries in three years. His most recent quote on his last surgery was:

"The surgery went well, and I'm optimistic this will relieve my back spasms and pain," Woods said. "When healed, I look forward to getting back to a normal life, playing with my kids, competing in professional golf and living without the pain I have been battling so long."

Back pain, as any of you know who have experienced it, is the worst. There's no doubt that he's been taking a lot of highly addictive pain medication to deal with it, for a long time. He said, his most recent back fusion surgery, relieved the pain. I hope that's true and if so, he clearly hasn't been able to drop the medication as one would do, if pain free. He will now have to go deal with an almost unavoidable addiction.

Glad no one was hurt. Wish the guy the best.

Reactions: RU31trap
Tiger releases a statement this morning that it wasn't alcohol. Says a bad reaction to medicine he is taking.
3am. Refuses to take breathalyzer test. EDIT. TMZ has it wrong. Tiger did take text.
Fake news

Holy crap. Have you seen the dash cam video of his arrest? He is so trashed I dont know how he was able to even start the car and drive anywhere. He is beyond lucky he didn't kill someone.

Last edited:
Saw the video. I feel bad for him. What a downward spiral from when he was a golfing superstar. Congratulations to the police officers for treating him with respect and dignity. Tiger needs to watch the 30-30 ESPN show on Phillip Rivers.

Holy crap. Have you seen the dash cam video of his arrest? He is so trashed I dont know how he was able to even start the car and drive anywhere. He is beyond lucky he didn't kill someone.

Probably a good thing that he had two flat tires and damage to the car at the time. He obviously hit something for that to happen, which prevented him from driving the car any further.

The urine test results will show what drugs were in his system. Also thought that the police were very professional in the way they treated him on camera.

There's a decent chance that the arrest report and video from a dashboard camera in the police car may also come out, beginning today.

If Tiger was slurring his words and unsteady on his feet after being stopped then he will take another hit to his image. But as long as Nike continues its sponsorship then he will be ok financially.
If Nike drops him tomorrow he will be more than ok financially.

A lot of people ignor the warnings for prescription medication. Doctors are prescribing serious stuff these days. He was lucky he didn't kill anyone. Unless his drug test comes back with Illegal substance, this was just a honest mistake. I be worried if he was hanging out with Dustin Johnson.

Besides opiates, what else can put you in the state he was in?
Two flats, fresh damage to his car, asleep at the wheel.
My point is, driving after having a few to many drinks is dangerous and stupid.
His documented Vicodin dependency past is also very dangerous and scary...and hard to kick

Last edited:
Reactions: jtung230 and Veiox
Besides opiates, what else can put you in the state he was in?
Two flats, fresh damage to his car, asleep at the wheel.
My point is, driving after having a few to many drinks is dangerous and stupid.
His documented Vicodin dependency past is also very dangerous and scary...and hard to kick
This is a major problem in the US right now. Doctors are not shy with the prescriptions.

I just watched the first minute of that video. He was so out of it. Wasn't there anyone caring for him when he took that medicine? I completely understand the issue with dealing with back pain, but someone should be there when taking medication for it. When I had my knee rebuilt I took one Percocet when I got home: it did it's job, but I was high as a freaking kite. Did not like that, and dealt with the pain differently after that. I feel bad for the guy: most likely this occurred because he's alone.

I think the case is based on the drug makers misleading doctors about the addictive nature of the drugs.
Doctors are complicit. A little research reveals a host of issues with many pain killers. Years ago, I was going to a doctor for back pain. I specifically told him that I did not want a Cox-2 inhibitor like Vioxx because of known links to Cox-2 inhibitors and cardiac events. He prescribed Celebrex, another Cox-2 inhibitor. I threw out the prescription and the doctor's phone number and never went back to him again. A lot of doctors get perks from pharma company reps.
I tossed out my Percocets or whatever they gave me after major abdominal surgery a few years ago. I did not want to deal with any side effects.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Ohio is suing drug makers on this issue.
I'm in the pharmaceutical industry and also tend to lean libertarian in my political views. Having said that, we (USA) need to ban opioids from the market. The heroin crisis is out of control. Plenty of pain medications that are nearly as effective as the pills. If necessary, allow only IV pain medication in hospitals where it is controlled

Reactions: Knight Shift
I think the case is based on the drug makers misleading doctors about the addictive nature of the drugs.
Hard to believe doctors aren't fully aware of the dangers and probabilities of opiate addiction.
I know my dad was going through some tough pain while he still had his brains and wit, and his doctor denied our request to put him in a "happy place"
I refuse to turn Yogi Berra into a junkie he said...in retrospect I respect that doctor greatly today.

so much of golf is confidence.

when you're 25 yrds past all your main competition on your drive, and hitting a 9 iron for your second shot while the other guy is hitting a 7, that's great for your confidence.

when that scenario is suddenly reversed, it's a shock to the system.

that said, no idea what he was thinking with all the bulking up. (Rory needs to be careful).

name one great, or even good, muscle bound golfer ever.

while TW may still be very flexible for someone that buff, he's still not near as flexible as he was.

some of that may be age, but imo it's more about bulking up.

and flexibility is even more important than confidence.

one thing that's very under reported about top level golfers, is that these guys are flexibility freaks.

the main reason Joe Blow can't recreate that "tour" swing, isn't coordination, or timing, or know how.

it's because his body just won't bend into those positions. (and won't even come close).

a few yrs ago i was watching golf on the DVR. i freeze framed Rory at the end of his follow through. his shoulders were square to a point almost 180 degrees opposite where his belly was pointing, with his stance wider than his shoulders .

most people can't begin to pretzel themselves into that position. (wonder if Rory still can).

Fred Couples was another who could hit body positions even other top golfers couldn't. (heard once he was double jointed).

the longer, more fluid, and rhythmic looking the swing, the more flexibility it takes.
Gary Player might be that one guy who used weights and stayed very strong and fit for a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT