ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What's Going on With Women's B-Ball?

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
I'm a Rutgers fan of all sports...but I don't follow CVS / team closely. I know we had a horrendous year- but I saw an article where we just had our 5th transfer out of the women's program.

Can someone who's following this team explain WTF is going on? CVS pulls down big buck$. It's not the same thing as Ash or Pikiell.

I'm not advocating termination ....just wanting to hear (hopefully) some good news on the women's b-ball front.

Thanks

MO

I'm a Rutgers fan of all sports...but I don't follow CVS / team closely. I know we had a horrendous year- but I saw an article where we just had our 5th transfer out of the women's program.

Can someone who's following this team explain WTF is going on? CVS pulls down big buck$. It's not the same thing as Ash or Pikiell.

I'm not advocating termination ....just wanting to hear (hopefully) some good news on the women's b-ball front.

Thanks

MO

Yep....WBB Board is where this belongs.

Reactions: Tango Two
Except if you don't write that things are wonderful with the women's program.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Read the details about the player. Leaving for her 4th school and averaged 1 ppg on a bad team. While things are certainly not in great shape on wbball side, I don't see this as an RU or stringer issue.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
While Vivian is clearly fast approaching the end of a brilliant career, losing this kid is not on her.
Agree and I wish Da Che the best, whether s he decides to continue her college basketball career as a grad transfer or joins the business world with a Rutgers degree on her resume.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Top scorer on a bad team is not necessarily a good player.
I wouldn't say Parker wasn't a good player and and think it was a loss to the program that she left.
But wonder if Tyler coming back might have made her minutes less with Khadaizah in the picture.But that is just speculation and all three could be on the court together making the team hard to beat
No matter what , losing an honorable mention B1G player hurts and hopefully
whoever comes in will do as well.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Rutgers MO what's happening is we have a coach who is way past her prime and refuses to go out with any grace and this program will not be able to recover til her contract is up; its that simple
Could be that coach was the difference from falling to the bottom because of the lack of support the RU WBB program was receiving.
In my opinion the MBB program suffered that fate because of the lack of support it received and didn't have a HC that could overcome the lack of interest RU ADs shown towards both basketball programs .
Vivian at one time had a name that could overcome that and bring the type of talent that fit her system, but for awhile that hasn't been the case and it does look like she's struggling to make RU an elite program ( despite lack of support) like it once was.
Last year can't be repeated and though the previous years were winning ones, they didn't remind RU WBB fans of the Glory Days CVS once brought to the program.

With the support looking better, let's see how Stringer does and if this year doesn't show vast improvement, Hobbs probably will make a change.
I will back that change, unless it looks like an on the cheap one

MO didn't initially post this on the Women's BB Board because he has an unnatural fear of tumbleweeds.

(But, like MO, I'd love to hear some news about the women.)

MO didn't initially post this on the Women's BB Board because he has an unnatural fear of tumbleweeds.

(But, like MO, I'd love to hear some news about the women.)
Tumbleweeds are a problem when there's no traffic to make them move along
and the fear of disturbing them keeps the traffic needed away.[winking]

Usually if someone posts a question , eventually ( if not sooner) another poster will answer it and maybe more will join in making this board more active.
So I would suggest that anyone interested in finding out what's happening with the RU WBB program , try posting a question or state an opinion on this board
and hopefully another poster will reply.
I try to when I see a question or opinion that I feel I might be able to reply to in an intelligent manner.
(Though at times I question my ability to do that, after reading what I posted :D )

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT