ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Where will you be buried when you die?

RU205

All Conference
Jan 23, 2015
We have threads about people growing up and living in NJ with plans to move or retire elsewhere. But when you die, where do you want to be buried? I had older extended family members who retired to Florida but wanted to be be buried in NJ.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Buried??? Not for me, cremated and scatter the ashes in several meaningful places.
Same here. My wife and I will be BBQ'd with our ashes scatter in the Manasquan Ocean. Pretty much in front of this live cam as there are public benches along the path to sit for whichever one of us is still alive to visit. It's comforting to know we won't be 6 feet under, at least it is to us. We've been married 42 wonderful years and this is something we both agree on 100%. https://www.surfchex.com/cams/manasquan-web-cam/

We have threads about people growing up and living in NJ with plans to move or retire elsewhere. But when you die, where do you want to be buried? I had older extended family members who retired to Florida but wanted to be be buried in NJ.
My parents and grandparents are buried next to each other a few blocks from where I grew up. I visit with my kids every week. I plan to take the last family plot next to them

I plan to live until RU wins the NC in football, MBB,WBB and Baseball the same year
Once that happens plant my ashes by a lake's shoreline , burying it with flower seeds and cut up fish as a fertilizer.

I've asked for a 'natural' or 'green' burial. Wrap the un-embalmed corpse in a sheet and bury it 3 feet deep. A virtual smorgasbord for bacteria, worms, et al.

As far as where, I don't much care. Whatever is convenient, I suppose, although I do like surprises.

Buried?
Burned?

I thought we were all getting stuffed and put in the football stadium?
Start filling up the Upper Deck corners and gradually more in as needed.

We'll always look like a sellout on TV.
Like seat fillers at the Oscars.

• Haha
Reactions: cshelley
I'll be going "condo", (aka: mausoleum).

My late Mom once told me years ago that she never wanted to think of me being under the ground.

To that I said, "But Mom, what if you go before me"? -To which she answered, "I don't care. I'll know". And as I'm sure many on here will understand, when an Italian Mom speaks...you listen.

So, it's gonna be condo city for me, baby.

I find burial to be a waste of real estate. And most coffins look like a 1970s Cadillac. So corny. If I had to be buried I'd prefer a plain wood box, skip the embalming fluid. I've done enough already, don't need to be polluted in the ground as well. A viking funeral would be ideal.

Cremation and burial both have significant carbon footprint and expense. I'd prefer to be buried at sea (sunk off shore with a cinderblock). Is that even legal?

I’m 67 and have never given that a thought.
I just turned 64 and been planning it for years. I have a list of things I want. I have a playlist for the party/service.
I will take care of the end myself situation permitting , including embalming by self consumption of massive quantities of Grey Goose. Should help in the barn fire I hope to top once I find the location willing to conduct the event.
Live band, open bar, overnight accomodations, etc provided.
Ashes? At one point on Rutgers football field. That's no longer an interest. I thought about creating a rather large container placed somewhere with an opening such that all my future family could just add their own ashes down the road so we'd all be together.
I do like the idea of finishing the party by putting my ashes in the rocket tubes and doing a huge party ending fireworks spraying me everywhere. In

Haven't really given it much thought.. lol.

Reactions: MADHAT1
"A Handful of Dust..." I'll be scattered on a mountaintop in the Roan Highlands along the NC-TN border. No hurry, though....

Reactions: RUpop
I find burial to be a waste of real estate. And most coffins look like a 1970s Cadillac. So corny. If I had to be buried I'd prefer a plain wood box, skip the embalming fluid. I've done enough already, don't need to be polluted in the ground as well. A viking funeral would be ideal.
Just buried my 85yo mother in law Wednesday .
Lived in spotswood NJ. Live Oak, fla. And most recently Pleasanton,ca. Buried in Staten island. makes sense right?
I'll take the $15k it cost us for a minimal burial ( only 3 of us at service) to fund my kick ass party.

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
I lived in NJ all my life until two years ago when I moved to Florida. I will be cremated and I couldn’t care less where my ashes go.

In fact, my parents in a moment of extreme morbidity, purchased cemetery plots for all of our family (no, they were not mass murderers). A few years ago, my great aunt, who was a widow for 40 years was on her death bed and did not want to be buried with her husband’s family and wanted to be near ours, which was her family. I gave her my plot and she died days later. How’s that for morbid? But you asked.
That's cause your blind Magoo. 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Magoo
My wife and I are both going to be cremated and put in an urn for two.

Change the i to n in buried And frankly I don't care if my ashes are thrown in the trash. I will be dead. Also would be a homage to ash will trash us. @Plum Street
death-throw-me-in-the-trash.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
I just hope they don’t cram me in there with her.
Here's my story. Two years ago my father passes and was cremated. My mom had passed 20 years prior and was also cremated and in a massoleum. My father's new family gave me half his ashes to place next to my mom.
The cemetery was supposed have opened the faceplate for me to do this. When my wife and I got there the screws were loosened but not removed. After 20 mins couldn't find anyone to help. We had paid $600 for this.
I wasn't coming back. Had a screwdriver and removed it myself. Fracking heavy.
Part two. My father/mother never planned for this. No place to put his urn. Only option. We wound up finding a bag in our car. Took half my mom's ashes out. Put half my father's in. And only managed to dump about 10% on the carpet to be vacuumed up at a letter date
So we know where 45% are. Where 45% went. And the other 10%??no clue.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT