ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Why does UConn play in Hartford?

JayDogSmooth

All Conference
Aug 18, 2006
Watching the women play Butler tonight, and it got me thinking

Obviously money has something to do with it, but are they really making that much?

They have a great on campus arena in Gampbell pavilion, and it’s not like the XL center is the state of the art or close to campus, and Hartford is a destination city.

I equate this to us playing a certain amount of games at the Prudential center (assuming seton hall didn’t play there) - why do it if you have a great on campus arena?

I get why St. John’s does it at the garden, and to a lesser extent, Villanova playing in Philly, but I do not understand the point of Yukon doing this

Big East Women’s tourament was there quite a few times when RU was in the BE, was there for quite a few games

I live in central Connecticut. I know several people who buy the XL center season ticket package. They would not make the trip to Storrs on a weeknight for sure. They actually sell more season tickets at XL. Then there's the politics of it since it's owned by a public agency. The school would make more money playing on campus and they should.

I live in central Connecticut. I know several people who buy the XL center season ticket package. They would not make the trip to Storrs on a weeknight for sure. They actually sell more season tickets at XL. Then there's the politics of it since it's owned by a public agency. The school would make more money playing on campus and they should.
I know the Celtics used to play a few games per year in Hartford, but they don’t do that anymore ever since the old Garden was knocked down

Is this bc the Whalers left and they want to throw the city a bone?

Just doesn’t seem to make very much sense as Gampbell is a great on campus Arena

Actually, many prospective applicants to Uconn who are into basketball and football are disappointed when they find out that most games are way off campus. They are told that on their tour of the school and are quite ,negatively, surprised.

I care

I find it interesting when schools do different things and as a true college basketball fan, I find this particular subject interesting
So then go to the main college basketball board where fans actually care instead of filling this board with more unrelated garbage.

There are three threads on this board regarding UConn today and frankly, it's embarrassing

So then go to the main college basketball board where fans actually care instead of filling this board with more unrelated garbage.

There are three threads on this board regarding UConn today and frankly, it's embarrassing
I will do as I please

Until one of the mods says, otherwise, I will continue to post topics that interests me, typically related to revalent topics

If that topic doesn’t interest you, it’s probably in your best interest to continue on, and not click on the thread

I equate it an eighth grade dance. There are many girls there, but there are only a few ones that catch your eye that you’d like to dance with

Reactions: PJVegas
I didn’t start the thread , he was replying to someone else you bitter , senile twat.
I know who started the thread, you a$$, and whose comments support the nonsense at every turn when it tends to disparage RU. You're that guy. I was well aware who I was calling out. You're the worst kind of troll-- sneaky , the kind that shakes your hand as they stab you in the back. Allegiance to Ru ? I doubt it.

I know who started the thread, you a$$, and whose comments support the nonsense at every turn when it tends to disparage RU. You're that guy. I was well aware who I was calling out. You're the worst kind of troll-- sneaky , the kind that shakes your hand as they stab you in the back. Allegiance to Ru ? I doubt it.

BST66

Gobel Gobel
showscan.php

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT