ADVERTISEMENT

Our "friends" in Trenton are at it again

How did he "twist the truth?"

Was killing Bin Laden and Awlaki among others "nothing"?

Barack Obama is directly responsible for it because when he pulled everybody out of Iraq, al Qaeda went to Syria, became ISIS, and ISIS is what it is today thanks to Barack Obama's failures -- utter failures, by pulling everybody out of Iraq, thinking that conflicts end just because you leave. So the responsibility for it lies with President Barack Obama and his failed policies," McCain told reporters on Capitol Hill.

Hopefully the only dopes who vote for Boss Tweet are those sparse back ass South Jersey people. Wait till they get a load of his gas tax, we'll go from one of the lowest in the nation to the 7th highest if he gets his way. I know people who work for Kean, they say the guy's a buffoon and completely lives up to his uneducated Boss Tweet stereotype. I have no idea what people are thinking voting this man into any position of power.
Are you misspelling "Boss Tweed," or is his nickname really "Boss Tweet?" And is that Sweeney or one of the others?

If it was not for lesniak there would not be any Build fund sucks that half of what we got so far was given to us by politicians. They may want a say since they are contributing so much towards the facility upgrades. I wish we didn't need their money but we obviously do.

Let's not get carried away with what the politicians gave us for the Build fund.

We received $25 million in tax credits.

They have been giving out these tax credits in Camden like candy to the Philadelphia 76ers, Subaru and Holtec to name a few the past 1-2 years.

The Sixers received $82 million to relocate across the River and will bring no new jobs for Camden residents. Holtec received $260 million to relocate from Marlton to Camden and only 200 jobs are expected to be created. One That's more than $1 million per job. And George Norcross is on the board of Holtec....

Let's not get carried away with what the politicians gave us for the Build fund.

We received $25 million in tax credits.

They have been giving out these tax credits in Camden like candy to the Philadelphia 76ers, Subaru and Holtec to name a few the past 1-2 years.

The Sixers received $82 million to relocate across the River and will bring no new jobs for Camden residents. Holtec received $260 million to relocate from Marlton to Camden and only 200 jobs are expected to be created. One That's more than $1 million per job. And George Norcross is on the board of Holtec....
It's half of what we have right now. We still need 50 million more to do this. Where not talking about Camden it's Rutgers that interests us. Sucks that the 76ers got so much and we only get 25 million.

It's half of what we have right now. We still need 50 million more to do this. Where not talking about Camden it's Rutgers that interests us.

Ummm this thread is clearly about the politicians in NJ so the topic of Camden is very relevant.

I see you're trying to hijack another thread though with your obsession over the build fund.

Nah I'm done with that it's clear that no one cares. I'm just stating we have 50 and need 100 and 25 of the fifty was free.

This is small potatoes compared to what is coming down the road. You guys will not believe me until it comes to fruition. When you took the medical school (UMDNJ) did you honestly believe there was going to be no retribution, give back or a legit push to strip Rutgers of their autonomy.

Last edited:

Barack Obama is directly responsible for it because when he pulled everybody out of Iraq, al Qaeda went to Syria, became ISIS, and ISIS is what it is today thanks to Barack Obama's failures -- utter failures, by pulling everybody out of Iraq, thinking that conflicts end just because you leave. So the responsibility for it lies with President Barack Obama and his failed policies," McCain told reporters on Capitol Hill.

And who put us into Iraq? And who signed the withdrawal agreement?

And yeah, a guy with a twisted upbringing, childhood, and conflicted sexuality who was given security clearance killed people in gay club because of Barack Obama. If McCain was President, he wouldn't have?

Here is a clue, the guy who radicalized Americans like the Boston bombers was Anwar Al-Awlaki, radicalized in the Bush years, killed by President Obama, who was an American who posted on YouTube about how to build bombs and kill Americans.

If you really think that someone as insane as this killer needed a terrorist group to kill people, you are not paying attention.

Maybe McCain is so distracted by the fact he is losing re-election because he endorsed a fascist bigot that he can't remember that he voted to overthrow Sadaam Hussein. No Iraq War= No ISIS. Which still has nothing to do with mentally unstable people getting guns, and nothing to do with President Obama.

And save it, we know Hillary voted for Iraq too, but she didn't make the comment and the choice is her or someone who tells his own party to "be quiet" among other gems.

Reactions: zazoo2002
"NotInRHouse/BlockR
why have you two decided to hijack this thread to promote your own political agendas instead of offering advice about keeping Trenton's hands off the RU BOG.

Doesn't matter which one of you started your political BS ,what matters is : that BS is not the subject being talked about and you both are hijacking this thread by talking about a whole different issue.
Why don't you two go to the CE Board and argue and let this thread stay about the issue this thread is supposed to be about.

That's why I said Camden, not RU Camden ;) and explicitly mentioned RU Newark. The question is how do you funnel RU money from the BIG share to Rowan and Cooper? Perhaps through the joint medical/health sciences board in Camden?

I think you're overstating the importance of the board. It really can't do anything that Rutgers isn't willing to agree to.

"NotInRHouse/BlockR
why have you two decided to hijack this thread to promote your own political agendas instead of offering advice about keeping Trenton's hands off the RU BOG.

Doesn't matter which one of you started your political BS ,what matters is : that BS is not the subject being talked about and you both are hijacking this thread by talking about a whole different issue.
Why don't you two go to the CE Board and argue and let this thread stay about the issue this thread is supposed to be about.
58464949.jpg

Reactions: MADHAT1
Don't be afraid to attack the political gangsters in Trenton who are Rutgers enemies. Nothing good comes from kissing their collective asses. Don't coddle them. Attack them again and again until they are driven out of the NJ legislature.

Last edited:
This is small potatoes compared to what is coming down the road. You guys will not believe me until it comes to fruition. When you took the medical school (UMDNJ) did you honestly believe there was going to be no retribution, give back or a legit push to strip Rutgers of their autonomy.

You mean taking on all of UMDNJ's debt and getting none of the integration dollars (it all went to Rowan) wasn't enough?

Reactions: JoeRU0304
You mean taking on all of UMDNJ's debt and getting none of the integration dollars (it all went to Rowan) wasn't enough?
In 18 months you will see a major push behind the scenes to compromise your autonomy. Once Christie is out of office you lose any leverage you had in Trenton and Raymond will be spoken to behind closed doors. Trust me like an FDIC insured CD Rutgers is going to give something up.

Politics in general are a cesspool. NJ politics are on another level.

Good thing we have a guy Hobbs who has some political connections. They'll be needed.

As I said....

The NJ version of, "You didn't build that!"

If the whole Bob Mulcahy / Schiano Contact / Stadium Expansion / Star Ledger / George Zoffinger thing did not reveal what was really going on with these attacks on Rutgers independent management by the Board of Trustees then I don't know what would convince anyone that all these cries of accountability to politicians is just a money grab on their part.

I am really surprised at most of the posters on this thread. Our elected leaders only have Rutgers best interests at heart and want to make sure that the BOG is being run in the best interests of students. You see, Trenton has made excellent decisions in the past and that is why NJ commands a AAA credit rating, Our taxes are the lowest in the U.S., NJ is a model for the responsible use of debt, the state worker pensions and medical benefits are fully funded, and we have few social program legacy costs! So I am surprised to see the less than enthusiastic response to put our Lt. Governor on the BOG, I ask you, "what could go wrong?"

Reactions: Trekology
was somewhat dismayed at Lesniak at his recent apologetic defense of Obama over latest Terrorism killings..

This quote about Lenaik, Obama and the 49 dead in Orlando is a totally irrelevant post which has nothing to do with the discussion. Last I heard Obama is not part of the New Jersey Legislature. Worse than that is using the 49 dead in Orlando to make a point about Rutgers governance, Lesniak or Obama. Take your Obama derangement syndrome elsewhere please! Have some respect!

Reactions: RU-AGK and MADHAT1

Hes-right-you.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT