ADVERTISEMENT

Pike

I listened to a podcast with Brian Fonseca where he referenced this. I'm a new fan. I feel sorry for guys who had to go through this, how could any of you think Pike is anything but a Godsend?

Reactions: Kbee3
I said it once and I’ll say it again. Pike Sucks.

2e6ff5b26af7831101967a4e159c8c3d.jpg

0 for 3 recruiting big men this month and if he can't land Bodo it will be 0 for 4. If this team has a bad year and doesn't make the tourney I don't see any 2024 top prospects coming here.
Who cares about this month?? That’s just you being impatient. Cliff and Wolfolk is a good combo right now. Yes, he will need to replace Cliff but he doesn’t need to this month.

Reactions: Knightmoves
"I told them I’m not going through rebounding drills guys. That’s not in my package as a coach. Rebounding is about heart and nose for the ball and wanting to go get it. That’s just not me as a coach."

Apparently being a troll is something you don't want to hear. So if pike doesn't have more tournament wins in the next 3 years is it still a troll opinion?

We caught lightning in a bottle with pike. I don't think we'll get much else. There is literally not a single closer on this team and from the looks of it, we are going to waste another prime year of cliff like we did last year. We have a supposed nba talent. Can I just ask how to F are we scheming it to get cliff the ball in big moments like in last night's game? He was nowhere to be found at the end of the game. And guess what? That's on pike.

Have you started watching the games yet?

Can't correct stupid, that's for sure.
Making the tournament is something most average teams do every 1-3 years. Winning in the tournament is what matters. With what we offer and what we pay, it is not some monumental achievement. Our fanbase is smalltime with how we fall over backwards with the ability to just make the tournament. Our peers in conference basically expect it.

Making the tournament is something most average teams do every 1-3 years. Winning in the tournament is what matters. With what we offer and what we pay, it is not some monumental achievement. Our fanbase is smalltime with how we fall over backwards with the ability to just make the tournament. Our peers in conference basically expect it.
what--winning the tournament is "what matters"? like you think it's the only thing? if you believe that go rout for the team that wins it every year--but you'll have to do that after the fact and buy new jerseys every year--you nuts

Reactions: drewbagel423
Williard had one win in 4 trips to NCAA. Not easy to win in tourney. Agree with Spanky.

Making the tourney projects the fact that you have a winning program. Making the tournament 3 years in a row should boost your recruiting. Making the tournament is important.

Cliff was the #46 prospect out of HS. He is 11th in NCAA win shares in that group. That is outstanding development.
He was also a major project. He could not catch the ball freshman year. I bet Cliff is thrilled at his development here, otherwise he had plenty of opportunities to transfer. Guy is a complete tool

Reactions: socaldave
How come you go on these rants about Pike but not Greg

Reactions: socaldave
The #10 team just rolled in and we won by 15. And while I guess I am mildly surprised (I did pick Indiana in this game) I am not *that* surprised. 6 years ago we were like number 300 in Kenpom. But yeah, pike sucks.

OP you should never post again

These threads reinforce my point earlier. Pike has made RU sports relevant in the B1G......RU basketball is relevant in the B1G because the entire staff understands basketball. You don't shut down solid teams without being a good coach.

The trolls will return, a game at Ohio State awaits. Give them another 4 days, they pop up like dandelions/weeds on your summer lawn.....

How did you enjoy game? Maybe Simpson will change your mind about recruiting
Simpson looks good and I hope it continues. Need more than one good guy per class. Have lots of starting minutes going out and need to process some fat off this roster to get guys that matter (Miller palmquist Reiber etc)

Simpson looks good and I hope it continues. Need more than one good guy per class. Have lots of starting minutes going out and need to process some fat off this roster to get guys that matter (Miller palmquist Reiber etc)

Woolfolk is raw but is already starting to look the part. Still need to plan to replace Cliff and maybe Paul as they will have their degrees.

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT