ADVERTISEMENT

Pikiell

Rutgers25

All American
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
I’m on record as being a huge fan, but one has to wonder how big of an impact Jay Young had. This is a huge year for the program and so far they have been unimpressive. Also not helping is the total disaster recruiting has been since he landed Mulcahy.

Next year we lose Carter and Yeboah and gain a couple frosh that are development players so it’s not like we magically get better next year.

I was convinced Pike was going to get it done, but now I have doubts.

I’m on record as being a huge fan, but one has to wonder how big of an impact Jay Young had. This is a huge year for the program and so far they have been unimpressive. Also not helping is the total disaster recruiting has been since he landed Mulcahy.

Next year we lose Carter and Yeboah and gain a couple frosh that are development players so it’s not like we magically get better next year.

I was convinced Pike was going to get it done, but now I have doubts.
I've always known Pike isn't the guy who will get us back to the NCAAs, but it doesn't mean he wasn't the wrong hire. Sometimes you need to crawl before you can walk. Unfortunately our stupid-as-bricks AD extended him forever so we can have a good time buying him out in the near future.

I like Pike, I think he can get it done here but recruiting clearly has to pick up. He is not winning the big battles and its his 4th year. Its a tough slog to overacheive with lesser talent. Its reasonable to expect improvement from guys from year 1 to year 2 and I am not sure I have seen it yet this year from players we are counting on. Lets face it, Kiss was a big miss as is Doucoure and the early returns are not good on Young

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT