ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt AD

yessir321

All Conference
Sep 26, 2018
https://twitter.com/Pitt_LykeAD

As much grief as I give Hobbs I have to give the cake to Pitt AD Heather Lyke for the worst twitter background picture of all time. There's literally more empty seats than filled one's in her main header... Since I'm tired of our misery I thought, Hell let's make fun of Pitt! lol

Nah we can talk now, just because we suck doesn’t mean we can’t make fun of others

Especially on a Rutgers board.
It's not like you are going over to a Pitt board to purposely fight.

And if a Pitt fan gets upset - too bad.
It's an random stranger on a message board. Get a life and stop worrying about what everyone else thinks.

If Rutgers played in a division as weak as Pitt did they very well could have played in one.
PSU Nut you have some good posts here but I can't wait til the day when your map looks like this
Screen_Shot_2014-08-19_at_2.43.38_PM.0.png

I have to admit Heather should not have picked a picture taken during a "Half Time" presentation with the Band and Golden Girls playing in the foreground.

Actually, Pitt and Rutgers have about the same game average football attendance (40,000) but stadiums sizes are substantially different, Pitt (70,000) and Rutgers (53,000) so the optics will always be worse. Additionally, the student body size difference is substantial, Pitt (30,000 TSB) and Rutgers (67,556 TSB) many more chances for students and alums to attend Rutgers games.

As for Pitt's 2018 football schedule, I don't think it was that easy if you consider the AP Top 25 final rankings against some of our Conference and OOC opponents:

AP Final Rankings Top 25 schools for 2018:

Clemson: Ranked #1
ND: Ranked #5
UCF: Ranked #11
Syracuse: Ranked #15
Penn State: Ranked #17
Rest of the ACC Conference Teams

Always a pleasure to have a discussion with my friends on the Rutgers Board.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I have to admit Heather should not have picked a picture taken during a "Half Time" presentation with the Band and Golden Girls playing in the foreground.

Actually, Pitt and Rutgers have about the same game average football attendance (40,000) but stadiums sizes are substantially different, Pitt (70,000) and Rutgers (53,000) so the optics will always be worse. Additionally, the student body size difference is substantial, Pitt (30,000 TSB) and Rutgers (67,556 TSB) many more chances for students and alums to attend Rutgers games.

As for Pitt's 2018 football schedule, I don't think it was that easy if you consider the AP Top 25 final rankings against some of our Conference and OOC opponents:

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Student body size is negated by the programs' history. Small student body schools with a history of winning, will always draw better than large student body schools without a history of winning.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Where did you get the TSB number....NB undergrad is around 35k, I doubt we have 30k grad students...I think you must be including Newark and Camden undergrad & grad.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Good points and definitely not an easy schedule. Virginia is better, VT lost their QB and had a young defense, Miami, GT and UNC made hires that will make it more interesting in the coastal. There were solid teams in that divsion, just werent any great teams. Watch out for VT next year.

If we played in their division we’d be in the championship game too.

If Rutgers played in a division as weak as Pitt did they very well could have played in one.
Go girl go out slowl
Anyone here beating Clemson lately?

Penn State won’t even schedule big time teams. By the way, I’d advise you to stay out of the Lasch building.

Where did you get the TSB number....NB undergrad is around 35k, I doubt we have 30k grad students...I think you must be including Newark and Camden undergrad & grad.

Rutgers-Wikipedia

Whether you are a Rutgers grad who graduated from New Brunswick, Newark, Camden etc. you still consider yourself a Rutgers Alum (don't you).

Another example is Penn State that has a Total Student Body of about 100,000.

You have State College and more than 20 PSU Branch Campuses (admissions standards close to local Community Colleges). After graduation all of those students call themselves Penn State alums. For every 3 PSU grads, you may have 1 who started at state college for 2 who started at one of their Branch campuses.

Look at the Total number of alums who went to Pitt compared to the number of alums who went to Rutgers or Penn State. Many/most fans attending college football games are students or alums. Numbers do matter (alums buy season tickets).

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Rutgers-Wikipedia

Whether you are a Rutgers grad who graduated from New Brunswick, Newark, Camden etc. you still consider yourself a Rutgers Alum (don't you).

You have State College and more than 20 PSU Branch Campuses (admissions standards close to local Community Colleges). After graduation all of those students call themselves Penn State alums. For every 3 PSU grads, you may have 1 who started at state college for 2 who started at one of their Branch campuses.

Look at the Total number of alums who went to Pitt compared to the number of alums who went to Rutgers or Penn State. Many/most fans attending college football games are students or alums. Numbers do matter.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

The difference is the Cult students eventually go to State College, most Newark and Camden students do not. From what I gather, though there are exceptions, most Newark and Camden alums do not care about RU sports. While some will say they went to RU they always run the risk of being asked a followup that will reveal it was not NB.

The difference is the Cult students eventually go to State College, most Newark and Camden students do not. From what I gather, though there are exceptions, most Newark and Camden alums do not care about RU sports. While some will say they went to RU they always run the risk of being asked a followup that will reveal it was not NB.

Penn State students can graduate directly from Branch Campuses depending on program.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Additionally, the student body size difference is substantial, Pitt (30,000 TSB) and Rutgers (67,556 TSB) many more chances for students and alums to attend Rutgers games.

I'm sure you know Pitt has five campuses (incl. Johnstown, Bradford, etc), like Rutgers' three. Perhaps all of the other 4 UP campuses have very small enrollments, have no idea.

Pitt's main campus is apparently in the 30k range TSB while Rutgers' main campus is 50k TSB. I'm not sure what Pitt systemwide is once the other 4 campuses are included but certainly not only 30k that you tried to pass off as the total, while Rutgers is 69k across its entire umbrella. Several thousand were added instantly about 5 years ago upon the UMDNJ integration (essentially all graduate level).

Yes, Rutgers' main NB/Piscataway campus is substantially larger in enrollment than UP's main Oakland campus, and that's regardless of whichever enrollment figure is used in the comparison. Alumni count for Rutgers is most likely higher as well.

Should Pitt grow its enrollment faster to help fill Heinz stadium?

I'm sure you know Pitt has five campuses (incl. Johnstown, Bradford, etc), like Rutgers' three. Perhaps all of the other 4 UP campuses have very small enrollments, have no idea.

Pitt's main campus is apparently in the 30k range TSB while Rutgers' main campus is 50k TSB. I'm not sure what Pitt systemwide is once the other 4 campuses are included but certainly not only 30k that you tried to pass off as the total, while Rutgers is 69k across its entire umbrella. Several thousand were added instantly about 5 years ago upon the UMDNJ integration (essentially all graduate level).

Yes, Rutgers' main NB/Piscataway campus is substantially larger in enrollment than UP's main Oakland campus, and that's regardless of whichever enrollment figure is used in the comparison. Alumni count for Rutgers is most likely higher as well.

Depicted being a former Rutgers season ticket holder for both football and basketball, I am actually a graduate of Pitt (and as some here know, also fond of the Syracuse Orange). Your numbers could be completely correct, but from being on both the Pitt and Rutgers campuses a lot, I would have estimated Pitt main campus enrollment at about 20K. I feel it is a lot smaller than Rutgers. That said, I have only been there a few times in the last 20 years, and maybe it has changed.

Penn State won’t even schedule big time teams. By the way, I’d advise you to stay out of the Lasch building.

You mean like WVU and Auburn who they dropped Pitt for? Do you just get upset knowing your season ticket sales depend on Notre Dame and Penn State?

Hell at least we can fill our stadium when the team isn’t an embarrassment,

Rutgers-Wikipedia

Look at the Total number of alums who went to Pitt compared to the number of alums who went to Rutgers or Penn State. Many/most fans attending college football games are students or alums. Numbers do matter (alums buy season tickets).

HAIL TO PITT!!!![/QUOTE

A

Pitt's 4 branch campuses are very small as far as student body.

Here are the numbers.

Oakland (Main): 28664

4 Branch campuses
Bradford: 1350
Johnstown: 2700
Greensburg: 1800
Titusville: 388

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT