ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Coach Pat Narduzzi Makes Bold Claim About Michigan State, Big Ten

Half of our yards from 2 runs doesn't say we COULDN'T run the ball. I'm saying we DIDN'T run the ball when we could have successfully, if winning was the primary focus.
They were not good up front. We could have ground them to dust. We also would have kept their offense off the field. Boring but effective.
Having coached football defense for decades, their weakness vs the run was very apparent.
I was not part of the game planning so do not know what the thinking was. Could be that QB development was the focus more than winning. Which I can understand. Game meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. Game reps for a young QB are priceless.
I don’t know. We had 8 days to prepare and we treated it like a scrimmage. I don’t think we had a lot of time to change our whole Offense plus as I mentioned when AY went down we were thin at RB. I will agree with you that QB development was apparent but we played everyone and ran the offense that everyone practiced all season. It’s been more than a year since we played Johnny Ball against Purdue and even that was only the second half. Teams have adjusted to that and it has not been very effective since. Now we have a whole lot of new OL coming in and young OL getting better so I’m hopeful that we can run the ball when needed to give our D a break. I’m all for the concept.

He talks a lot for a guy who is 2-6 vs the B1G and this is the first year he had a season with less than 5 losses.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Finally!!

WVU has been trying to get Pen St on the schedule for quite a while.

I’ll go attend the game in Morgantown, will be a crazy scene. They really hate Pen St in Morgantown.

August 31, 2024.
I been to two Penn State game in Morgantown and had great experiences there. Their fans were nice and very helpful. Ignoring all the financial rational I would mind adding Pitt, VT, UVa and WVU to the B1G. Would make for some nice close road trips.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT