ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Coach Pat Narduzzi Makes Bold Claim About Michigan State, Big Ten

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
He’s a little salty lately lol. I was asking our Pitt poster about it in another thread. Narduzzi made some negative comments about Whipple, the guy who was the OC for the 3rd ranked scoring offense in the nation last year and helped win him the ACC. Lost him to B10 school Nebraska too lol.

Last edited:
MSU was the beneficiary of a really easy schedule last season. They weren't really even close to an elite squad that the record reflected that Pitt lost to, while that was Pitt's first good season in more than a decade in a down year for the ACC's top teams. Nice boasting points for him as a former name asst coach in the B1G but not really anything meaningful given that the B1G isn't going to add Pitt anyway, at least not anything soon.

I actually agree with him about the OC and Wake. We made the same mistake in the bowl game. They couldn't stop the run for shit and we kept trying to be tricky and cute. 4 yards and a cloud of dust was actually 8 yards and the cloud. Then screen/play action. Why? I was pulling my hair out.

I actually agree with him about the OC and Wake. We made the same mistake in the bowl game. They couldn't stop the run for shit and we kept trying to be tricky and cute. 4 yards and a cloud of dust was actually 8 yards and the cloud. Then screen/play action. Why? I was pulling my hair out.
Well.. we all knew what Gleeson was all about when we got him. But since the bowl game was a surprise, I wouldn't think Gleeson would be so insistant on having such a custom game plan (maybe with teh full month to practice it could have made more sense.. still..).... very odd that we did not realize they were crap vs the run and just did that as it would run clock too in a game we were unlikey to win.

Well.. we all knew what Gleeson was all about when we got him. But since the bowl game was a surprise, I wouldn't think Gleeson would be so insistant on having such a custom game plan (maybe with teh full month to practice it could have made more sense.. still..).... very odd that we did not realize they were crap vs the run and just did that as it would run clock too in a game we were unlikey to win.
That game was 100% winnable. Everybody in the building that knows anything about football could see they were shit against the run. It was no secret.
Where I come from if you are gaining 8 yards a clip running the ball, you keep doing it until they prove they can stop it.

Now to be fair, I don't know what the aim of the coaching staff was. It could be that they wanted more to see the kid moving around the pocket and delivering the ball. Which isn't a terrible thing. The game actually was meaningless in the big picture. Gavin did make some really nice plays and the in game experience was priceless no doubt.
Ill reserve judgement until I see how much improvement is shown on the offensive side of the ball. Regular season you just grind them up and win. Ugly or not.

Pitt would never get invited to the Big Ten, so he never has to worry about that.

ACC as we know it won't exist as soon as their GOR expires.

Reactions: cicero grimes
That game was 100% winnable. Everybody in the building that knows anything about football could see they were shit against the run. It was no secret.
Where I come from if you are gaining 8 yards a clip running the ball, you keep doing it until they prove they can stop it.

Now to be fair, I don't know what the aim of the coaching staff was. It could be that they wanted more to see the kid moving around the pocket and delivering the ball. Which isn't a terrible thing. The game actually was meaningless in the big picture. Gavin did make some really nice plays and the in game experience was priceless no doubt.
Ill reserve judgement until I see how much improvement is shown on the offensive side of the ball. Regular season you just grind them up and win. Ugly or not.
We played everybody including walk ons plus we were not running the ball as well as you seem to think. Half our yardage came on two runs by our QB’s. AY was running well but got hurt. Pops sat out. Monangai DNP.

Pitt winning the B1G every year is fantasy talk. Narduzzi is delusional.

Last edited:
He’s a little salty lately lol. I was asking our Pitt poster about it in another thread. Narduzzi made some negative comments about Whipple, the guy who was the OC for the 3rd ranked scoring offense in the nation last year and helped win him the ACC. Lost him to B10 school Nebraska too lol.

Narduzzi at his best:

wrestling humiliation GIF

We played everybody including walk ons plus we were not running the ball as well as you seem to think. Half our yardage came on two runs by our QB’s. AY was running well but got hurt. Pops sat out. Monangai DNP.
Facts have no place on this board.

Gleeson is a joke and the rest of the conference knows it. Not much to prepare for defensively when you play RU. Numbers don’t lie.

Responded on the other thread.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Gleeson is fine. He was great at Princeton, Great at OSU, even amped up RU's offense the first year here, Then Schiano got ahold of him and he went south from there. Schiano is still a "control" type coach who keeps his assistants on a tight leash. The first year Gleeson was here he was very good and moved the ball with very little talent and virtually no O-line.
I don't know what schiano does to his coordinators but these guys are creating art on the field with real human beings. He needs to let Gleeson and his DefCor to run their units how they want to run their units. That is where I think the problem lies but we will see this season and next season what happens.

Reactions: Rutgers36
Is it possible that opponents analyzed what Gleeson was doing and made appropriate adjustments? And if it’s “art” as you say, remember that all art are not masterpieces.

Narduzzi doubles down:

Pat Narduzzi is 1-6 in seven games against the Big Ten since he took over the Panthers in 2015.

"If that's one of the best Big Ten teams," Narduzzi began, "let's go to the Big Ten and win it every year."

Sit down, Pat.

Pat Narduzzi is 1-6 in seven games against the Big Ten since he took over the Panthers in 2015.

"If that's one of the best Big Ten teams," Narduzzi began, "let's go to the Big Ten and win it every year."

Sit down, Pat.
And 0-2 against Michigan teams in 2021. Pitt lost to Western Michigan!

Half of our yards from 2 runs doesn't say we COULDN'T run the ball. I'm saying we DIDN'T run the ball when we could have successfully, if winning was the primary focus.
They were not good up front. We could have ground them to dust. We also would have kept their offense off the field. Boring but effective.
Having coached football defense for decades, their weakness vs the run was very apparent.
I was not part of the game planning so do not know what the thinking was. Could be that QB development was the focus more than winning. Which I can understand. Game meant nothing in the grand scheme of things. Game reps for a young QB are priceless.

Can’t stand the coach but Pitt would actually be one of the better fits for the B1G…
I always liked Pitt but unfortunately for them their territory is sort of covered. Those mid 2000s games were pretty cool. And the all-timers they've produced you can put up against just about any school - Marino Dorsett Fitzgerald Revis Donald... Really an amazing group.

I guess Nardog is stupid to remember MS played without their best 2 guy’s also
Yes he is. Besides losing to Western Michigan, He also got run out of the stadium by Michigan, 47-14. That was with his best players playing. Narduzzi is a myopic ass.

I think Schiano treated the bowl game like a scrimmage. He wanted to take a look at what he had so he played over 40 players plus Wimstatt played pretty much all of the second half. If he had played the first team all game it would have been much closer.

Reactions: hiwater
I think Schiano treated the bowl game like a scrimmage. He wanted to take a look at what he had so he played over 40 players plus Wimstatt played pretty much all of the second half. If he had played the first team all game it would have been much closer.

Yes. GS also knew his squad was overmatched in talent

Well.. I like his decision to play everyone. They all had to scramble to get to that bowl game and everyone who showed up got rewarded with PT. Good for GS. Hopefully that will pay dividends this year and moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT