ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/21-9/23 Thurs-Sat

You know just as an opposite ends of the spectrum comparison lol.

Washington had 30 offensive plays in the first half last night and had 300yds of offense in that half and 45 points on the scoreboard (1 PR and 1 INT return).
In the post game on field interview HC Franklin of PSU was lameni the lack of explosive plays. I did not shed a tear for his sorrow.

PSU might be the most complete team in the BIG right now although winning in South Bend will wind up being a high-quality win for OSU. Penn St visits Columbus Oct 21st…and suddenly the trip to Maryland in November becomes a sneaky tough game for Penn St.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
PSU might be the most complete team in the BIG right now although winning in South Bend will wind up being a high-quality win for OSU. Penn St visits Columbus Sept 21st…and suddenly the trip to Maryland in November becomes a sneaky tough game for Penn St.
We could win the West if that was our division. It's like Knight and Day (pun intended) between the divisions.

Also, we should be able to play all of the "I" teams (Indiana, Illinois, Iowa) at least twice per season.

Dan Mullen on CFF said he thinks it’s still a question about do ND and OSU have great defenses or do OSU and ND still have question marks on offense. He still think it’s unsettled.

I’ve wondered about OSU’s offense this year too. Are they the same as recent years or have they taken a step back. Not as intimidating if their offense isn’t as productive as it has been recently.

Dan Mullen on CFF said he thinks it’s still a question about do ND and OSU have great defenses or do OSU and ND still have question marks on offense. He still think it’s unsettled.

I’ve wondered about OSU’s offense this year too. Are they the same as recent years or have they taken a step back. Not as intimidating if their offense isn’t as productive as it has been recently.
But it was a great 2 minute drill to win.

Reactions: rutgersguy1

Are you penciling in RU as a possible win against the Buckeyes? 😉

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Haha
Are you penciling in RU as a possible win against the Buckeyes? 😉

Jim Carrey Chance GIF
Lol, no but you know I often say other than OSU I never assume we’ll be blown out by anyone in the conference.

OSU’s consistently productive and potent offense is the one that always scares me but if they’ve taken a step back this year on offense than that worry goes down a notch. Just like Mullen I’m unsure too. Are they going to get back on track or will it be like this all year. Kind of like Alabama. The Bryce Young days are done for them. Not sure if they can rely offensive firepower this year and it will be closer to a classic Saban team out of necessity. Still probably enough to contend for the SEC west though.

Another stat, seen on CFF. Chip Kelly 1-4 against Utah during his UCLA tenure. Been held under 10 points 3 times in his tenure and all 3 were against Utah. Morgan Scalley has Chip’s number.

12 straight home wins for Utah

Schiano and the D might dial one up for the ages and keep it a close game. OSU’s defense however played very well against the Domers.
I counted only 7 true possessions for ND yesterday (2 times they got the ball for one play-at the end of each half). OSU had 8 full possessions.

It’s funny the CFF crew were teasing Mullen about this on set. It was like I thought you coaches say you don’t have time to read the news or headlines or the distractions etc…yet we see coaches like Day knowing exactly what Holtz said or Lanning knowing plenty about Deion etc…

I’ve always suspected most do because they’re human and are connected to the world and either they will see it or someone they know will tell them. I prefer it like that though as opposed to the usual coachspeak.

Read that Hartman was either on or off in bigger games while at WF. Would not call last night being on, and his TEs made a few nice grabs.

ND had put up points in their other games against less successful teams, so they are good in a general cfb sense. They got a few big games coming up to find out overall.
tOSU’s RBs and receivers looked fine to me. The OL may be questionable in a MNC contender sense. McCord looks like minimal threat to just take off and run, think that is a noticeable difference in what is needed to try and defend them.

Thought the tOSU play calling on 3rd/4th and 1 to go was lacking. They didn’t attempt one common QB push play and a couple plays they did choose were head scratchers.

tOSU’s defense looks much improved.

ND only had 10 players on field for last TD winning play.
ND coach knew about it but didn't want to call for TO and give Ohio a chance to "regroup."
Missing a man on goal is better than Ohio regrouping?
Oh and ND was short a man prior to TD as well

ND coach knew about it but didn't want to call for TO and give Ohio a chance to "regroup."

I posted about that above and it was the last two plays actually. Also OSU substituted so ND would be allowed to run a man on too without penalty which is what he was supposedly worried about. The ref will hold the snap up.

Freeman may say this or that but I kind of think they didn’t know and are making excuses.

Reactions: ashokan

Wow. Clown show. No way OSU scores with the lineman where he was supposed to be.

Reactions: ashokan
Yup posted that tweet above. In the end you still have to score points

Excluding yesterday of course, Iowa usually gets so many points off their defense, that their ineptitude on offense gets overlooked. Ferentz is a very good coach but his offense needs to slip into the 21st century. If he can do that, he’d annually have a top 10 team.

I posted about that above and it was the last two plays actually. Also OSU substituted so ND would be allowed to run a man on too without penalty which is what he was supposedly worried about. The ref will hold the snap up.

Freeman may say this or that but I kind of think they didn’t know and are making excuses.

I'm assuming Freeman wasn't acually responsible for counting players but if he knew they were down a man and ignored it then that's sketch

I'm assuming Freeman wasn't acually responsible for counting players but if he knew they were down a man and ignored it then that's sketch
I don’t think field level coaches can tell so easily. Players on the field or someone in the booth should’ve alerted though. What do you lose with a penalty if there was one? 6 inches? I just think they didn’t know.

I don’t watch the NFl so had to look up the score. 70 points my goodness, I guess it was personal for Miami lol.

Not a good weekend to be a football fan in the state of Colorado.

I don’t watch the NFl so had to look up the score. 70 points my goodness, I guess it was personal for Miami lol.

Last year Tyreek Hill said Tua is the most accurate passer he's ever played with (including Mahomes).

When was the last time ND was -2 against Duke?
Notre Dame's start has been falling, while Duke's is rising.
In 2016, Duke beat Notre Dame 38-35. This was a down year for Cutcliffe, who had Duke rolling. Duke and ND both finished 4-8 in 2016. ND was coached by Brian Kelly.

Article is paywall but for comments in the tweet. Love them underdog stories. Don’t give a hoot about Duke or Kansas in MBB but happy to see them make some noise in football, now the second year in a row.

MOV is margin of victory

Washington annihilated Cal. Indiana sure could have used Penix this season.

Wondering about USC being ranked too high. ASU gave them a good game.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT