ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Preferred bowl destination this year

Which B1G bowl would you most like to see Rutgers play in this season?

• Music City

Votes: 90 55.9%
  • Las Vegas

Votes: 40 24.8%
  • Pinstripe

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • Guaranteed Rate

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Quick Lane

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
Arizona was the 27th and Texas the 26th. We traveled on X-Mas for the Insight and the Eve for the Texas Bowl. But since Kevin was playing- we were all pretty invested.
But...in those first few years- Rutgers did a really shitty job helping families make arrangements and didn't organize anything for families during that time. - not to pay for anything but just to even let us know what hotel or to block off some rooms for us. In 2005- we were completely left on our own and when we called out to the bowl- the dumb shits gave us the other school's hotel. We had to make a change after we got there. Rutgers also had tables up in those first couple of bowls to help staff family do things and had some nice organized events for staff family too- but again, player family- not much help at all...in the later bowls, maybe we just got better at it and we got to know more families- but it seemed so much easier.
And every bowl was a blast- the wife and I have been in sales and always able to work remote if we wanted so we usually took 5-7 days for each one. We even drove back and forth to Bama for the no pizza bowl
Arizona was the 27th, but Houston was the 28th, not the 26th (the Wiki page says 12/26, but is wrong; I still have all of my emails discussing it on the 28th and every other source says 28th). Both were perfect between-the-holidays dates for me, as I got to go the day before and stay 2 nights. The Toronto (International) Bowl on 1/5 was also a great date for me, as were Papa Johns (Birmingham) on 12/29, St. Pete on 12/19, Pinstripe-1 on 12/30, Citrus on 12/28, and Pinstripe-2 on 12/28. The only bowl I missed was Quick Lane (Detroit) on 12/26. I made the Gator on 12/31, only because I drove down to visit my dad, since COVID was still an issue and we didn't have a NYE party that year.

https://scarletknights.com/sports/2022/4/5/rutgers-football-bowl-history.aspx

Arizona was the 27th, but Houston was the 28th, not the 26th (the Wiki page says 12/26, but is wrong; I still have all of my emails discussing it on the 28th and every other source says 28th). Both were perfect between-the-holidays dates for me, as I got to go the day before and stay 2 nights. The Toronto (International) Bowl on 1/5 was also a great date for me, as were Papa Johns (Birmingham) on 12/29, St. Pete on 12/19, Pinstripe-1 on 12/30, Citrus on 12/28, and Pinstripe-2 on 12/28. The only bowl I missed was Quick Lane (Detroit) on 12/26. I made the Gator on 12/31, only because I drove down to visit my dad, since COVID was still an issue and we didn't have a NYE party that year.

Houston the 28th. Drove down with my son and left day after Christmas.

it's funny- we took flights x-mas and x-mas eve but you are right and it must have been the opposite locations- traveled x-mas for Houston and the eve for Arizona. The Arizona trip was so much fun- we had a lot of time to travel around and see a lot of the area and after the game- they allowed Kevin to fly home with us so we took a day after and for the life of me, can't remember the route we took but took a great scenic drive up through the mountains. I only remember that about the halfway point there was this old restaurant with all the license plates up on the wall. But it was great just taking the time to enjoy...Houston- well- not much to do around there.

Reactions: RU848789
So I see the PimpStink Bowl at the Steinbrenner Memorial Whorehouse is running a distant 3rd in this poll.

• Love
Reactions: Henry Rutgers
IMHO, it's a mistake to speak this way about any bowl game when it's been so long since we've been in one (leaving aside our last-minute invite to the Gator Bowl weeks after practice had ended).
I think most of us are happy to be in any bowl. But, the fact still remains, the PS Bowl is one of the worst out there for both team and fan experience.
I do think teams from outside the tri state like it much more than teams that can just drive there on gameday.

I think most of us are happy to be in any bowl. But, the fact still remains, the PS Bowl is one of the worst out there for both team and fan experience.
I do think teams from outside the tri state like it much more than teams that can just drive there on gameday.
I totally agree -- but "pimpstink bowl" and "memorial whorehouse" is, IMHO, inappropriate language.

Reactions: Henry Rutgers
So these poll results prove that this site's old boy network insisting "we want any bowl but Pinstripe" and "nobody wants to play in The Bronx" are full of it. It's 3rd place ahead of Phoenix and Detroit. I'm excited about Rutgers representing the Big Ten in NYC this year and it will be a great thing for the program if we can find a way to win. Go RU!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT