ADVERTISEMENT

Progress for Griffiths

Has to realize too when Edey is there don't shoot the ball. Comes with experience.

He was 3-11 today, let's not go crazy...

That’s not really the point.

some positives for those who can’t see beyond made baskets:

- he played aggressively on both ends

- he played good D.

- he created his own opportunities for shots

- he was calling for the ball. He was actually pissed on one play when they didn’t get it to him. THAT is great sign. Confidence!!!

- he stayed in for a looooonh time when we were coming back (a net positive)

If you can’t see beyond made baskets then, sorry, you don’t know basketball

- he played good D.

- he was calling for the ball. He was actually pissed on one play when they didn’t get it to him. THAT is great sign. Confidence!!!

I'll put my track record up against yours any day.

- he played good D.

Yeah he was open for an alley oop on the play he was pissed

Now my goal is finishing over 500 overall. Won't be easy but hopefully continuing improvement from GG will help. Plus other guys will be playing for rroles on next year's team which could be something special

Last edited:
Reactions: RW90
Yeah he was open for an alley oop on the play he was pissed

I know the play. Would have been a tough pass. I was just happy that Gavin wanted it!! Need that kid to be aggressive!!!! He wanted the ball twice on that play and was mad his teammates didn’t find him either time (even though both would have been tough passes)

Reactions: goldb80 and bIhawk
I know the play. Would have been a tough pass. I was just happy that Gavin wanted it!! Need that kid to be aggressive!!!! He wanted the ball twice on that play and was mad his teammates didn’t find him either time (even though both would have been tough passes)

That’s what I was talking about re demanding the ball. Happening right in front of me.

He looked better but still not a good game overall and he seems to not have fully adjusted to the size, speed and strength of the D1 game. Hopefully he comes in next year with 15 lbs of good weight and high confidence. We talk about Cliff missing Mulcahy but I think Gavin would have been helped by his presence too, as a mentor and to draw defenders to the key and hitting him on quick kickouts and cutters.

GG definitely looked like a different player in the second half. Small sample size, let's see the same GG on Wednesday before we declare this his coming out party, part two.

But it looked promising!
GG definitely needs to be a key contributor in a win over Penn State

He looked better but still not a good game overall

Disagree

Again you’re concentrating way too much on the FG%

He had a good game. Not great.

He did a bunch of other things pretty well as cited above by me and others. Good point above about him helping against edey a few times

He just makes 4 more shots he’d be 7-11 and he would have had 15+ points and we’d all be in agreement that he had great game.

He had a good game. The only thing stopping it from being great was the (admittedly) poor shooting %

But his shots did look good, in the flow….. maybe if he keeps up the aggressive play the shots will start to fall? We all know this team needs more scoring

Disagree

Again you’re concentrating way too much on the FG%

He had a good game. Not great.

He did a bunch of other things pretty well as cited above by me and others. Good point above about him helping against edey a few times

He just makes 4 more shots he’d be 7-11 and he would have had 15 points and we’d all be in agreement that he had great game.

He had a good game. The only thing stopping it from being great was the (admittedly) poor shooting %

But his shots did look good, in the flow….. maybe if he keeps up the aggressive play the shots will start to fall? We all know this team needs more scoring
I mean he’s still forcing up some bad shots but I’d much rather see mistakes of aggression. I think this game was a step in the right direction

You were president of the Jaden Jones fan club

I was the president of his fanclub, because similar to where we stand today, we don't have any relevant shooters or anyone to create their own shot. And Jones was the potential player that was the bridge after Harper, Mathis and Geo/Jacob departed.

I don't see any real difference in expectations for Gavin. Anyone with a pulse or can find his own shot, is a welcome addition. Gavin will be slotted properly next year where the defense will be hyperfocused on Ace, Dylan and whomever emerges as the 3rd option.

In terms of Noah missing Griffiths, I saw the same missed opportunity in the 2nd half too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT