ADVERTISEMENT

Props to the refs and man do I love Steve Bardo

DennisHajekRC84

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
again, nice game called and see how much better it is? A couple of bad ones but well within tolerance.
And how much do I love listen to Bardow call Rutgers games. What a great supporter he is and I enjoy his style. Can't wait to see him in person at the RAC next year.

Last edited:
Yeah I’ll add a W for Bardo too (Bardow) he’s a winner in my book

Bardo is the best. One of the rare college announcers who seems to actually watch all the games. Even in the dark days here he was always talking about how he loved Shaq Carter off the bench based on such and such performance. Glad he’s still on the call as this team has rose up

Yes, love Bardo. However the Refs consistently ignored #23 Tracye moving his body on his picks. It was very obvious and annoying that they didn't call it. I've actually noticed that ever since Myles foul out at OSU that refs in general are allowing more body movement on picks.

Yes, love Bardo. However the Refs consistently ignored #23 Tracye moving his body on his picks. It was very obvious and annoying that they didn't call it. I've actually noticed that ever since Myles foul out at OSU that refs in general are allowing more body movement on picks.
I was just about to say this. He was obvious. Refs are not consistent game to game which makes it difficult but they have been letting Myles play outside of at Iowa and he has risen to the occasion.

Bardo brings such a great passion for the game without being over-the-top and phony like so many other MBB announcers.

Reactions: RUonBrain
I was just about to say this. He was obvious. Refs are not consistent game to game which makes it difficult but they have been letting Myles play outside of at Iowa and he has risen to the occasion.
The one I did notice was when the Indy player threw his right arm into RHJ on the layup and they called Ron. Maybe the early travel on JY. But in the end...I'll take the overall "let them play" every game.

Bardo is tremendous one of the only announcers where ill watch a game just because hes on the call. Other is gus johnson

Reactions: ScarletDave
I usually mute when we are getting trounced, so I missed most of the 1st half comments. ;)

Bardo is one of the best. Really like his thoughts during the game.

The one I did notice was when the Indy player threw his right arm into RHJ on the layup and they called Ron. Maybe the early travel on JY. But in the end...I'll take the overall "let them play" every game.
I think it favors us in most games largely due to having Myles patrolling the paint. I think it worked against us against MD because they were more physical than we were and only had 14 fouls.

Indy's Jackson-Davis got away with a ton of moving picks, as usual. He should've been in foul trouble by about the 5 minute mark into the game with 2 fouls and probably on the bench for most of the first half.

Steve Bardo I believe really loves to watch and talk about RU. He is so refreshing and tells it like it is.

There were a couple missed calls on both ends but nothing so blatant or better yet a whistle fest (especially in 2nd half when things get called tighter). We got away with a basket interference when Caleb hit the net with the ball on the rim but also maybe one or two on us that were soft.

Glad Bo swallowed his whistle. I do think both Courtney & DJ are some of the better officials in the league overall so we had a good crew on the whistle.

Honestly, I don't like most of the BTN announcers and analysts. FS1 is even worse. But yeah, Bardo is the exception. He actually puts in the work.

Reactions: RUTRINI
I wonder why Shon Morris doesn't do many games this year. I think he's second best to Bardo. His line when JY dunked over Haarms was classic

There were a couple missed calls on both ends but nothing so blatant or better yet a whistle fest (especially in 2nd half when things get called tighter). We got away with a basket interference when Caleb hit the net with the ball on the rim but also maybe one or two on us that were soft.

Glad Bo swallowed his whistle. I do think both Courtney & DJ are some of the better officials in the league overall so we had a good crew on the whistle.
Bo might have swalowed his whistle from a RU perspective. I doubt Indiana fans feel the same way. I believe a moving screen gave IU's player his 4th. Whistle was blown by Bo.

I'd also think an IU fan would have the Mulcahy play at the end of the half a 4 points swing....2 for RU and IU not getting foul shots.

Bo might have swalowed his whistle from a RU perspective. I doubt Indiana fans feel the same way. I believe a moving screen gave IU's player his 4th. Whistle was blown by Bo.

I'd also think an IU fan would have the Mulcahy play at the end of the half a 4 points swing....2 for RU and IU not getting foul shots.

It wasnt a moving screen for his 4th, it was on the defensive end a hold on RHJ I believe. Point being there was not a bunch of questionable calls that determined this game and as an IU fan they have more worries than 1 or 2 calls based on the way they played the last 30 min of the game.

It wasnt a moving screen for his 4th, it was on the defensive end a hold on RHJ I believe. Point being there was not a bunch of questionable calls that determined this game and as an IU fan they have more worries than 1 or 2 calls based on the way they played the last 30 min of the game.
Thanks for clarifying. I guessed moving screen.

I agree 100% with you. I also disagree with most fans when they are in the shoes (which thankfully isn’t often) of IU.

well now that's the way you tell somebody they made a spelling error without being a jerk. Now I'll give you a W :)

all In good fun my friend. We’re on the same page with Bardo. He knows the game, he doesn’t hate on anyone, he calls it like he sees it, and above all he puts in the work ... he really seems to know the players.

Bardo is my favorite. He knows every team and genuinely knows the game and all about every player and team, their history, etc. Guy takes pride in his work and the product speaks for itself.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Loved Bardo before he called out the refs after the OSU fiasco, but it was awesome of him to do that, highlighting how unfair they had been to Myles. He's also just well-prepared and has lots of great insights into the game and some good stories, which is what you want in an analyst.

all In good fun my friend. We’re on the same page with Bardo. He knows the game, he doesn’t hate on anyone, he calls it like he sees it, and above all he puts in the work ... he really seems to know the players.
No seriously. Well played and appreciated in a time of such nastiness. 👍

Reactions: BigRnj
Loved Bardo before he called out the refs after the OSU fiasco, but it was awesome of him to do that, highlighting how unfair they had been to Myles. He's also just well-prepared and has lots of great insights into the game and some good stories, which is what you want in an analyst.
Yes. And he may very well have been the key guy to get that addressed.

again, nice game called and see how much better it is? A couple of bad ones but well within tolerance.
And how much do I love listen to Bardow call Rutgers games. What a great supporter he is and I enjoy his style. Can't wait to see him in person at the RAC next year.
Great post. I love Bardo plus Bo actually officiated a fair game for us last night. The white bald guy is still terrible, but overall I thought last night's officiating was pretty good. Who knows, maybe the screw job by Bo and his crew against OSU the first time probably got to him.

Great post. I love Bardo plus Bo actually officiated a fair game for us last night. The white bald guy is still terrible, but overall I thought last night's officiating was pretty good. Who knows, maybe the screw job by Bo and his crew against OSU the first time probably got to him.
Thanks. I can't remember the animation but every time I see that guy I think of some movie with a big Bald Eagle holding court. Can't remember the show.

Why can't more of their color guys be like Bardo?

Bardo is enthusiastic, agnostic and fair. He has joked negatively about rutgers when deserved (as others have) but he also extolls the positives.. that's all we want.. fairness and entertainment value.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT