ADVERTISEMENT

Football Raiqwon O'Neal enters transfer portal

Only one explanation. He didn’t want to move to guard or center.

we move on. Good player and we owe him thanks.

The team had 28 OL ‘s after the 4 transfers and 7 recruits . Almost guaranteed to lose 3-4 at minimum. Tell us how good our lineman were the past two years? Inconsistency caused issues in the run game, pass game and keeping the D off the field. Like everything else Rutgers we have some fans who just want to be the bearers of Doom n Gloom.

This is what many RU fans are missing right now. He was unquestionably our best OL, and an All-Big 10 honorable mention for LT both by the league and PFF. Our line may have stunk, but O’Neal did not.

Crushing transfer, any way you look at it.

DiRenzo still may be an upgrade, but O’Neal would have competed for the spot, and if not, would have started on the line somewhere
Probably but you will see this more and more. Still waiting for the list of D-1 P-5 schools who didn’t lose any starters to the portal since January 2021.

Obviously this is a reaction to bringing in the four lineman. Didn’t want to compete.
The way our line has been is if such a loss though? He was benched and he wasn’t a guaranteed starter.
Direnzo- LT (lock)
Tyler - LG (virtual lock)
? - C
RG- Sutton, Minnesota transfer, Rainey (if he makes strides)
RT- Pierce (virtual lock)
Would I want him to stay and compete? Of course. But he wants the bird and the hand
Lock? Didn’t want to compete? Lol What evidence do we have of Direnzo dominating Big10 DE’s? O’Neal was our best tackle. He will have options. If he has his degree he deserves to play where ever he chooses.

Only one explanation. He didn’t want to move to guard or center.

we move on. Good player and we owe him thanks.
There's no guarantee he was moving, the season just ended a few weeks ago. For all we know Direnzo may be better at guard at this level.

Obviously this is a reaction to bringing in the four lineman. Didn’t want to compete.
The way our line has been is if such a loss though? He was benched and he wasn’t a guaranteed starter.
Direnzo- LT (lock)
? - C
Would I want him to stay and compete? Of course. But he wants the bird and the hand
Lock? Doesn't want to compete?

it's time to stop posting

• Haha
Reactions: gtbb3115 and Jimpeg
I'd guess there is a LOT OF TAMPERING going on. Sure, there always was.. but with the transfer portal and NIL... it is already nuts.. that's my guess.

Welcome to the world of minor league college sports.. our best will be bid for by other programs. And that will happen to a lot of programs. O'Neal may not be an example of it.. it could be simply feels he cannot wait for Schiano to perform his magic here.

Reactions: ashokan
He's a smart kid. Got his degree from where he wanted (Rutgers), played B1G football, and how has a chance to build on it. Wouldn't be surprised to see him select a school with academics in mind first followed by football. Wishing him the best as a student athlete with emphasis on student as I think that is how we would also see himself from things written about him. I think he is more Myles Johnson than Jacob Young in that regard. Best on his journey.

I’m not saying it will happen in this case but on occasion players put their name in the portal and then take their names out and stay. Just as a FYI.

I really like RO as a person and player and got the impression he was really happy here. It also seems like he was great for team chemistry with the TDs and such. So I'm in the "this sucks" camp. That said, what are you gonna do? He was recruited by a different coach and wants to try another program for two years. Goodbye and good luck.

call me bitter, which I am, as he was good, and now taking talents elsewhere. He is giving up on program, and that is just my opinion, like he has his own in wanting to leave.
So...Love it or Leave it, and move on to the next ones that want to be here.

This is what many RU fans are missing right now. He was unquestionably our best OL, and an All-Big 10 honorable mention for LT both by the league and PFF. Our line may have stunk, but O’Neal did not.

Crushing transfer, any way you look at it.

DiRenzo still may be an upgrade, but O’Neal would have competed for the spot, and if not, would have started on the line somewhere
Oline got way better when he was back in and I don't recall many blind side sacks.

Direnzo- LT (lock)
? - C
Na the promise Tyler a tackle spot him and direnzo can both play left and right

Lock? Didn’t want to compete? Lol What evidence do we have of Direnzo dominating Big10 DE’s? O’Neal was our best tackle. He will have options. If he has his degree he deserves to play where ever he chooses.
Greg anticipates everything.This too.ISIT

The transfer portal has completely blown up the preexisting paradigm regarding how you recruit and accrue talent. All of these players are purely transactional. They're assets. CFB has become more like MLB. I expect to see situations where kids at powerhouse schools who wouldn't see much playing time are "farmed out" for a year to a lesser program so they can get experience, then "called up" after a year.

You watch. It'll happen.
That's basically what ended up happening with Stetson Bennett, the QB from Georgia that helped them win the National Championship this year.

I'd guess there is a LOT OF TAMPERING going on. Sure, there always was.. but with the transfer portal and NIL... it is already nuts.. that's my guess.

Welcome to the world of minor league college sports.. our best will be bid for by other programs. And that will happen to a lot of programs. O'Neal may not be an example of it.. it could be simply feels he cannot wait for Schiano to perform his magic here.
I was wondering if some recruiter wasn't poking around rubbing wounds after the OL monsoon. TBH I didn't like so many OL coming on at once. Nevermind starting - practices alone can suck when you get overstocked.

After Urban Meyer signed Zeke Elliot, he could have had another 4 star RB but he passed on him because he didn't want to undercut Elliot. Pays to have a little sensitivity. Greg is a guy who calls TOs with 30 seconds left and has his guys tackle QBs on kneel-downs - rah rah get'em lol

I'm not saying that why O'Neal left. Seasons at RU can drag. Look what happened to Jonah Jackson when he left. He became a star at Ohio St and now he's a Pro Bowl alternate with Detroit. I'm sure guys are aware of things like that

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
Maybe someday our best will be better than our best.

That’s been a pipe dream for years.
Most players transfer because a lack of playing time ( non starters) . That’s what we are getting with our incoming transfers ( except those stepping up from FCS). O’Neal is a huge lose and anyone denying it or making fun of it is a fool.

That’s been a pipe dream for years.
Most players transfer because a lack of playing time ( non starters) . That’s what we are getting with our incoming transfers ( except those stepping up from FCS). O’Neal is a huge lose and anyone denying it or making fun of it is a fool.
Don't think anyone is making fun of it, but what can we do about it? A little light-hearted humor helps ease the anxiety of the loss.

Reactions: NewJerseyGuy
The team had 28 OL ‘s after the 4 transfers and 7 recruits . Almost guaranteed to lose 3-4 at minimum. Tell us how good our lineman were the past two years? Inconsistency caused issues in the run game, pass game and keeping the D off the field. Like everything else Rutgers we have some fans who just want to be the bearers of Doom n Gloom.
Would not be the least bit surprised to see at least 8 o linemen leave before the start off the season

Let’s not forgot O’Neal lost his starting job for a few games this season. On a brutal offensive line.

There are 28 o linemen on scholarship approx 1/3 of all scholarships on the team, they will have to be paired significantly, most teams have between 16-18 & RU will get close to that by the start of the season
in honor of John Madden, we will field an O and D made entirely of O Linemen.

O'Neal should have stayed for that.. played QB... make that FB.. QB would be our TE, Langan. And we'd better score.. because no way a D of OL can stop anyone.

People, ONeal was a good trooper who gave us his all. We recruited over him and he’s finding another home. Our OL was horrid. We have 11 new OL. This ls a changing of the guard. Nothing is going on. I wish he stayed but he probably wants a change for his last year especially with no guarantee of time.

This sucks.
When our best position players start to leave there is something wrong.
Not really. Relax. One goes and one comes. It’s the new era of football now we need to get used to it like schiano and staff has

Reactions: KevH
O’Neal played well at times and not so well other times.Athletic and loyal during his 4-5 years . Hope he gets his wish whatever that may be.

May have been our best OL, but without being critical of player or effort that may not have been good enough. The only reason to bring in 11 OL is because you need a total rebuild. Good luck to Raiqwon wherever he may land.

Reactions: Danprusa_4 and KevH
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT