ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Ash and staff will be successful if...

Reppin_Jerz

Sophomore
Feb 9, 2016
in my opinion, Ash and his staff will put together what will be considered a successful recruiting class if he is able to land the following 5 local talents which should propel other out of state and in state talent to compliment

DT Fred Hansard - one of he top players in the state at a position that lacks quality and depth after this year
Athlete Bo Melton - could be a true game changer in a spread offense - also could be a recruiting class leader
DT/DE Mike Tverdov - aside from being a legacy (I think) and a position of need as said above, this should be a slam dunk...the type of recruit the previous staff had trouble locking down
QB Jonathan Lewis - one of top rated dual threat QBs at one of the traditional top private north jersey schools where RU could build some serious in roads for future talent...would immediately challenge Oden in two years for the starting job (IMO)
OL Carter Warren - this kid is already a beast and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up Being one of the top national O Line recruits...this might be the biggest challenge to lock down of the 5 as he has shown serious interest in some other B1G schools. But RU needs this kind of body on the line.

Who are your top 5 "must gets" to consider this class a recruiting success?

Reactions: ruready07
"In my opinion, Ash and his staff will put together what will be considered a successful class if"

He has to WIN!!!!!!!!

Tverdov, Melton and Micah Clark are the three biggest names I would have a good feeling about at this point.

I'm very excited to see who commits first and becomes the leader. I can't envision anyone committing to Ash, being welcomed into the family and kept in constant contact with.....and then decommitting.

Last edited:
Chicken or Egg..
.Ash has to win to recruit(Flood left cupboard semi bare) ..will be tough.
Ash has to recruit to win first on field(probably best option though need to recruit NJ first as an impact)

So if they don't get a few of those guys the class won't be considered a success?

in my opinion, Ash and his staff will put together what will be considered a successful recruiting class if he is able to land the following 5 local talents which should propel other out of state and in state talent to compliment

DT Fred Hansard - one of he top players in the state at a position that lacks quality and depth after this year
Athlete Bo Melton - could be a true game changer in a spread offense - also could be a recruiting class leader
DT/DE Mike Tverdov - aside from being a legacy (I think) and a position of need as said above, this should be a slam dunk...the type of recruit the previous staff had trouble locking down
QB Jonathan Lewis - one of top rated dual threat QBs at one of the traditional top private north jersey schools where RU could build some serious in roads for future talent...would immediately challenge Oden in two years for the starting job (IMO)
OL Carter Warren - this kid is already a beast and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up Being one of the top national O Line recruits...this might be the biggest challenge to lock down of the 5 as he has shown serious interest in some other B1G schools. But RU needs this kind of body on the line.

Who are your top 5 "must gets" to consider this class a recruiting success?
Are these all the players you don't want at PSU, since it's your favorite squad ?

Ash and staff will be successful if they get the players that are here to play much better football than they did last year.

Melton is a MUST. Hansard and Lewis are huge as well (Lewis more in my opinion). After that there's about 8-10 kids in that 2nd tier in NJ top 30, all real good,and all real high on us. One alreday committed to us, Tverdov is another, plus names like Miller, Hand, Watts, etc.....if we get basically everyone in that tier, we will have a great great class.

Last edited:
I think some of you are missing the point of the post, the topic was not successful season (winning) nor was it a statement that it will not be a success if they don't get these guys...this is my own opinion of what would constitute the start of a successful recruiting class...thanks to those who replied on topic.

Tverdov, Melton and Micah Clark are the three biggest names I would have a good feeling about at this point.

I'm very excited to see who commits first and becomes the leader. I can't envision anyone committing to Ash, being welcomed into the family and kept in constant contact with.....and then decommitting.
I forgot about Clark...is he high on RU? I haven't read much on him.

I forgot about Clark...is he high on RU? I haven't read much on him.
trust
I think some of you are missing the point of the post, the topic was not successful season (winning) nor was it a statement that it will not be a success if they don't get these guys...this is my own opinion of what would constitute the start of a successful recruiting class...thanks to those who replied on topic.
Reppin Jerz--.... You order season tix yet, or at least get tickets for RUvsPSU so you can root for your nittany liars?

Its good to see some fans have expectations of landing serious blue-chip talent. We'll never really lock down our recruiting area until the whole fan base adopts that mentality.
So the sooner, the better on our end.

I do believe we should be locking up a few NJ top ten guys every year. Our program already offers a lot to a recruit - play in the best division in college, great location and we have high academic standard - and will soon offer even more in the way of 1st class facilities. No reason why a top recruit wouldnt take a chance on being the guy here, the risk is fairly low to the reward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT