ADVERTISEMENT

Rossi Hired by Minny

Flood's performance as co-OC in charge of the running game (and OL coach) was the reason I hated him for head coach.

That whole schmystem where we had deep handoffs with the QB's back to the LOS after snap that had alternative to turn around and pass.. because the blocking scheme was about the same, run or pass... well.. it was god-awful.

And he did not scrap it after the 2009 Syracuse debacle. He kept that scheme all the next year.. where he lost his OC job... only to come back as head coach and put it back in.

Awful.

Reactions: eceres
Flood's performance as co-OC in charge of the running game (and OL coach) was the reason I hated him for head coach.

That whole schmystem where we had deep handoffs with the QB's back to the LOS after snap that had alternative to turn around and pass.. because the blocking scheme was about the same, run or pass... well.. it was god-awful.

And he did not scrap it after the 2009 Syracuse debacle. He kept that scheme all the next year.. where he lost his OC job... only to come back as head coach and put it back in.

Awful.

It was not his offense, it was KC's.

Reactions: Tango Two
Who was Rutgers OL coach during the record setting offensive years?
By record setting, you mean in 2010 when Rutgers set the record for the most sacks given up in a season in NCAA history at 61? I think it was Flood's O line.

Awful.

Ehhhhh who cares anymore. How is the Honda Accord?

Reactions: PaKnight
The year they switched to spread with pro style personnel not a fit for that offense?
Spread or Pro style, I think the objective of the offensive line is still to block the defenders from getting to the quarterback before he throws the football.

our present OL coach is no bargain, he inherited 4 starters and the top 3 subs, and ourt OL was a disaster last year

True - but there weren't 61 sacks and only 1211 yards rushing (2010). Only 34 sacks with 1730 yds rushing last year. That was against a B1G schedule. In 2010 RU had Tulane, FIU, Norfolk, Army on schedule. RU even lost to USF that year lol.

Not sure what capacity yet but it appears Joe Rossi is headed to the Land of 10,000 Lakes with Fleck. Is Fleck going to hire Flood next? This is getting a little ridiculous.
I hope he hires Flood......please let this happen.

Rossi did an excellent job with special teams. I would take him back in an instant to be our special teams coach.
He was passionate and always tried to stay positive on sidelines as DC even when we were getting blown out. Cannot judge him as a coach based upon that season and the talent he had to work with.

our present OL coach is no bargain, he inherited 4 starters and the top 3 subs, and ourt OL was a disaster last year

A few of those guys (see: the seniors) pretty much packed-it-in following the Iowa loss this past season.

From FootballScoop.com
"Minnesota: P.J. Fleck has announced his first full staff at Minnesota — Kirk Ciarrocca (OC/QBs), Kenni Burns (RBs), Brian Callahan (TEs), Matt Simon (WRs) and Ed Warinner (OL) on offense, and Robb Smith (DC/LBs), Maurice Linguist (DBs), Bryce Paup (DL) and Robert Wegner (STs) on defense and special teams. Fleck’s support staff consists of Gerrit Chernoff (general manager), Dan Nichol (strength), Maurice Hendrickson (director of player personnel), and Matt Childers (video)."
Did someone change their name from Rossi because I don't see any Rossi listed here.

From FootballScoop.com
"Minnesota: P.J. Fleck has announced his first full staff at Minnesota — Kirk Ciarrocca (OC/QBs), Kenni Burns (RBs), Brian Callahan (TEs), Matt Simon (WRs) and Ed Warinner (OL) on offense, and Robb Smith (DC/LBs), Maurice Linguist (DBs), Bryce Paup (DL) and Robert Wegner (STs) on defense and special teams. Fleck’s support staff consists of Gerrit Chernoff (general manager), Dan Nichol (strength), Maurice Hendrickson (director of player personnel), and Matt Childers (video)."
Did someone change their name from Rossi because I don't see any Rossi listed here.
Maybe he is just "support staff" as indicated in the tweet I quoted above? Quality control?

And that is a step down for Warriner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rokodesh
From FootballScoop.com
Rossi is the secret weapon, he will instruct row boating.

Can somebody please explain to me what Ros
hear #ChoptheBoat is new slogan. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It's going to be something to do with the huge Scandanavian heritage in the region. Unfortunately he can't use "row the boat," which would have made a ton of sense, but they'll figure something out.

I do think Flood would be a great OL coach...for the Cult.

Hell, his "record" from 2010 needs to be beaten, so why not there!?

That and make him in charge of recruiting and stake out the Bucknell library.

Reactions: RUsSKii and brgRC90
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Minnesota can have him, Flood, Pernetti, Mike Rice and any of our other disasters. I just don't know why they would.

1.) He wants guys to cultivate a certain culture within the program. Easiest way to do that is bring folks of similar background in as leaders. Similar to Ash. 2.) He knows what he is getting. Unlike the DM situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT