ADVERTISEMENT

RU Del Dtate

hoquat63

All American
Mar 17, 2005
Should be easy win against 0-5 DS.
Nice crowd of kids from Timothy Christian. Their choir did National Anthem.
Startibg game however two possessions and 2 turnovers. Down 0-4

41-27 at half. Smikle with 19, Connell 12.
Still too many turnovers , 10 total.
Shooting 53%. Rebounds 24-16

Mid 3rd, 56-28.
Adams now with 15, Smikle 22. Cornwall 1 rebound away from double double.
DA was shooting over 50% first Q now only32

not a victory over a real good team, but a game needed to help the team gain confidence and build chemistry

Loved the energy from the school kids that attended today's game! Was definitely needed since the regular crowd was quite small but then again this was a 11 am game on a Wednesday.

I always love the "Simon Says" at halftime with the kids. Did it last year too.

So much fun.

Watched on BTN+

Good job after a slow start. A few more steps taken today. Lots to like about today's performance. Ball movement, hustle(scrappiness), and offensive cohesion. Chyna, KB, and Destiny bringing it in the post, as they always do. Antonia did a nice job running point with some really nice passes. This is the first I've seen them play this connected offensively. Kaylene pass to Jillian(wide-open in the corner), who hits a cutting Destiny for a layup!!! Beautiful! They may be studying that Fairfield tape. Hopefully, we get lots more of that going forward.

Again, .....most impressive to me,.........Kaylene's improved court vision on the offensive end. She is finding people. She made excellent decisions in regard to determining when she could go all the way and when she could attract attention and find a teammate for an open shot. She looks like she's going to lead the team in assists this year, hands down. And it looks like she and Jillian are definitely getting in the extra shooting reps. The shooting form is looking more and more pure with every game for Kaylene.

Britains Got Talent No GIF by Got Talent Global

41-27 at half. Smikle with 19, Connell 12.

Adams now with 15, Smikle 22. Cornwall 1 rebound away

When Cornwall stepped it up
😏 C'mon now! Chyna Cornwell, along with Erica, have been here longer than any of our Lady Scarlet Knights. I think it's time we at least get the spelling of her name right. If she or her family read these posts, they must be hoping that at some point before she graduates, we fans will step our game up and get it right. 😉

Mea culpa - I know better but sometimes type to fast, or get autocorrected and don’t notice. ( earlier post where Cornwell came out as Connel
I figured that was the case. Autocorrect can be annoying and I know how it is when you're giving quick updates. Those updates are much appreciated for those occasions that I don't make it to the game.

I just pointed it out because I want Ms. Cornwell to know how much we appreciate her staying through all the difficult times. Someone recently was asking if we had a replacement for her for next year. I didn't have time to reply, but said to myself, Whoa!! She has her extra year next season. We don't want to usher her out the door, especially as she has blossomed into a great player and team representative/leader. She has been a huge part of this rebuild process. Hopefully, she stays to help us get back to a Top 25 team next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT