ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Maryland 2/10/19 2PM BTN+ Game Thread

difference in 1st quarter was the difference in game

Which pissed me off the most because RU had 3 quarters to regroup! Never did. Don’t want to repeat myself...no time outs, flat, wasted time, etc. Very strange today from top down! Everyone shares in this loss!

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: MusicFreaks
bac, you do seem to be on the negative side when it comes to RUWBB .
But I have to admit you do give the team credit when you feel it deserves credit.

As for WBB , I tend to be positive and rarely post negatively.
RUMBB the same and even defended Jordan ( for his fist 2 years), which was a mistake.
Made the same with Fred Hill Jr , defending him when should have seen he wasn't a good HC.
On the RU FB side was a Flood defender until halfway through his 3rd year and then wanted him gone .
As for Ash , gave him slack his first year, from 2nd on not a supporter but it was last year that made me think he needs to be replaced.

So all in all we see coaches in different ways and being supporter of one shouldn't be something to be insulted about.
I won't try to insult you for being a Negative Nellie a lot of times on this board, because you are a Positive Paula at times to.
Shift might have said something you didn't like about showing up, but this game was bad enough without fans arguing about FB and MBB HCs who they supported that others don't like in this thread.
The14 point loss is bad enough without anything else aded
giphy.gif

Have never ripped on mens hoops. I don't rip on any RU sports. You, on the other hand, seem to get your jollies ripping on C Viv's teams and RU football.

your post about the mens team can do no wrong says it all about you and your knowledge..dont bring that crap here...if you want to move it to the football board I gladly will

your post about the mens team can do no wrong says it all about you and your knowledge..dont bring that crap here...if you want to move it to the football board I gladly will
adding my post means what?
I was trying to keep the fighting down and not attack either you or Shift and like to suggest: if you want to keep the fight going , keep the WBB issues on the WBB board,FB issues on the FB board and MBB issues on the MBB board .
Personal insults fit perfectly in the CE board's realm of discussion [winking]

But ( if you saw this game) would like your take of the 2nd quarter on.
I've read your evaluations of MBB games and feel you are fair in your praise and condemnations after the games you post about.

adding my post means what?
I was trying to keep the fighting down and not attack either you or Shift and like to suggest: if you want to keep the fight going , keep the WBB issues on the WBB board,FB issues on the FB board and MBB issues on the MBB board .
Personal insults fit perfectly in the CE board's realm of discussion [winking]

But ( if you saw this game) would like your take of the 2nd quarter on.

I've read your evaluations of MBB games and feel you are fair in your praise and condemnations after the games you post about.

sorry...i replied to the wrong post...im talking to Shift here, there was no reason he needed to bring up mens hoops in this thread

Reactions: MADHAT1
Just a reminder that we did beat Maryland in College Park. And while the team may be going through some difficulties now, no one expected us to be where we are. Maryland has lost only twice this year - once to us. Why not come out on Thursday night and support the program.

Just a reminder that we did beat Maryland in College Park. And while the team may be going through some difficulties now, no one expected us to be where we are. Maryland has lost only twice this year - once to us. Why not come out on Thursday night and support the program.

Well-said.

For what it's worth, I think your team will still be ranked tomorrow...

We got out everything today by a better, more athletic team that would beat us 20 out of 21 times. We happened to win that 1 at Maryland. I can’t comment on the performance in the 4th quarter as I left the building after 3 quarters. We just stunk up the place in every aspect of the game. The only person that looked and played like an athlete was Arella.

Reactions: RU MAN and rondi
What happened in first quarter? Too many early fouls. Terrible shooting? Both?
Didn't score a point for almost 3 mins and then took another 6 to score again. Meanwhile, MD didn't shoot lights out either, but made some 3's and FTs. No way we were catching up with that start without hitting 3's. Burn the tape.

Would have preferred a win, of course, but beat them at their place and played them even here after a horrid first quarter. Next time will be another opportunity.

Reactions: rondi and MADHAT1
The middle was wide open but just didnt attack it....too many times getting within 3ft of basket and pulling out.

Poor shooting (2-16 from 3) and the absence of Caitlin’s rebounding and defensive intensity were the main causes of our loss IMO. I hope Caitlin gets cleared. Innocent until proven guilty. Who knows what really happened.

Reactions: rondi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT