ADVERTISEMENT

RU will be at the Buckeye camps in Cbus

troija.jpg

Good stuff. Any one know who the last Rutgers player from Ohio was?

I love this because there will be some talented players that Ohio State won't offer that may be a good fit for us.

Shea was from California. Anderson recruited Ohio pretty regularly but I'm sure Schiano must have had someone from there.

But (some...not many at all) people here want Ash to "cut ties." LOL!

I love this because there will be some talented players that Ohio State won't offer that may be a good fit for us.

Nuts this is still GOOD for Rutgers; "success by association" first and this whole camp war is putting Rutgers in the same column with osu and Michigan. You can not buy this type of advertising. Now coupled with Knight ED astute comment YES this is how it will be positive. OSU/Mich can not take all the talent we will find sleepers or even higher profile players that do not get on the big boys team, and this is college ball where emotion rules (most of the games) So when an Ohio player is playing against osu there is more emotion and desire in his heart. And the same will be felt by the jersey kid who does not make it to the big boys' club, as a RU player he too with be juiced to get some payback. Yes in the short term we get the good B players and we must do will with them, but all this hype is just good for Rutgers and recruiting.
the osu ties will fade as Ash wins games, let it ride slowly into the night and take every advantage it can give us with these young impressionable minds.
Guys when was the last time a recruiting war was waged like this in NJ.
It does show the novice how rich we are in talent in the NY-DC Megalopolis, and YO Jersey is the epicenter!

Last edited:
Reactions: JerseyVegas
These kids know who the big players are. They understand where Ash comes from and what he's all about. The solid recruiting class up to the moment proves how well his message is getting thru.... bottom line, from my less than expert opinion, everything that's happened under Ash so far is "big time" and the recruits know it.

Ohio is #1 for producing top Big 10 players. NJ is #2. Lock down half of the NJ top 10 every year, pick up some of the top 20-30 in Ohio and continue to recruit Florida. That is a winning formula.

That is what is called seeing the big picture. We could realistically play in the Orange and/or Rose Bowl with a team like that.

To add to that Rutgers is starting to offer a lot of kids from Georgia which is another talent rich state.

Ash and his Staff are playing Chess here.

Reactions: JerseyVegas
Nuts this is still GOOD for Rutgers; "success by association" first and this whole camp war is putting Rutgers in the same column with osu and Michigan. You can not buy this type of advertising!

Well aware. I think maybe you misunderstood my comment. I was essentially making fun of people who think Ash should cut his ties with Ohio State.

Reactions: tico brown
Ohio State and Rutgers have an alliance right now. We know where we stand in the CFB universe and we're not pretending to be on Ohio State's level - at least not yet. So, might as well ally. They are a bigger help to us in recruiting than people realize. They practically pointed us to Odin. They have backed off recruits we are after - especially Jersey recruits. Don't misunderstand - if they really want a recruit, they'll go after that recruit. However, chances are it will be a recruit that we don't stand a chance on anyway - so, it's moot. The recruits that we do have a chance, Ohio State figured they have alternatives so they just leave them to Rutgers - an example is Marquez Bell.

Well aware. I think maybe you misunderstood my comment. I was essentially making fun of people who think Ash should cut his ties with Ohio State.

I saw it as a semi bash, but I was reading too much between the lines so to speak that maybe you were in that camp.After many years this is odd being on the same page with you on so many views maybe things are changing here at Rutgers.☺

Ohio State and Rutgers have an alliance right now. We know where we stand in the CFB universe and we're not pretending to be on Ohio State's level - at least not yet. So, might as well ally. They are a bigger help to us in recruiting than people realize. They practically pointed us to Odin. They have backed off recruits we are after - especially Jersey recruits. Don't misunderstand - if they really want a recruit, they'll go after that recruit. However, chances are it will be a recruit that we don't stand a chance on anyway - so, it's moot. The recruits that we do have a chance, Ohio State figured they have alternatives so they just leave them to Rutgers - an example is Marquez Bell.

Do you honestly believe what you're typing? An alliance? Because they're doing a couple of camps together? Look, the relationship between the staffs is obvious, and it made sense for the programs (especially Ohio State) to schedule a camp opposite of Michigan's, but if you think OSU would "leave a recruit to Rutgers" because they have alternatives, you're nuts. Urban Meyer cares about one thing, and that's winning, not Chris Ash and Rutgers. He'll be negative recruiting Ash in a heartbeat to help land a kid he likes.

Last edited:
If you not going to get every stud, they might as well stay inside the house. Makes no sense to let local talent play in the ACC or the SEC.

Time to take the SEC mentality and protect each other.

nice seeing Ash taking initiative with recruiting, not something we were used to with Flood. The key is going to be weathering the storm of Flood's horrible recruiting but in a few years if Ash can keep up what he's doing we're going to become more and more competitive and have more seasons similar to 2 years ago as opposed to last year

nice seeing Ash taking initiative with recruiting, not something we were used to with Flood. The key is going to be weathering the storm of Flood's horrible recruiting but in a few years if Ash can keep up what he's doing we're going to become more and more competitive and have more seasons similar to 2 years ago as opposed to last year

Did Kyle Flood's staff attend any satellite camps last summer?

Do you honestly believe what you're typing? An alliance? Because they're doing a couple of camps together? Look, the relationship between the staffs is obvious, and it made sense for the programs (especially Ohio State) to schedule a camp opposite of Michigan's, but if you think OSU would "leave a recruit to Rutgers" because they have alternatives, you're nuts. Urban Meyer cares about one thing, and that's winning, not Chris Ash and Rutgers. He'll be negative recruiting Ash in a heartbeat to help land a kid he likes.

OSU is absolutely teaming up with Rutgers to ensure Michigan stays below them.

Reactions: ScarletDave
I saw it as a semi bash, but I was reading too much between the lines so to speak that maybe you were in that camp.After many years this is odd being on the same page with you on so many views maybe things are changing here at Rutgers.☺

We were only on the opposite side for about 2.5 years my man all good!

Is it "teaming up"? Or did Meyer feel the need to schedule a NJ camp opposite Michigan, and the fact that Ash is the Rutgers head coach provide him an easier opportunity to do so?

Don't get me wrong, these camps are certainly not a bad thing for Rutgers. But if we're breaking down the reasons they're happening, it's 99% because OSU feels it was a way to counter Harbaugh's presence in NJ and MAYBE 1% because they're "aligned" with Rutgers.

People here are acting as if the B1G East is Survivor and Urban's going to drag Ash to the finale, when in reality, Urban only does things because they benefit Urban. His history is proof of that.

RU isn't landing many of the Michigan level recruits. This whole 'teaming up' thing is just a silly internet twist that has no merit. I'm not naive enough to believe RU is going to be landing Michigan level recruits at this point just because of a new coach. We CAN however recruit to the level of MSU, Iowa, PSU, etc

RU isn't landing many of the Michigan level recruits. This whole 'teaming up' thing is just a silly internet twist that has no merit. I'm not naive enough to believe RU is going to be landing Michigan level recruits at this point just because of a new coach. We CAN however recruit to the level of MSU, Iowa, PSU, etc

Huh? We already beat out Mich for recruits and are going neck and neck with a few others.

Is it "teaming up"? Or did Meyer feel the need to schedule a NJ camp opposite Michigan, and the fact that Ash is the Rutgers head coach provide him an easier opportunity to do so?

Don't get me wrong, these camps are certainly not a bad thing for Rutgers. But if we're breaking down the reasons they're happening, it's 99% because OSU feels it was a way to counter Harbaugh's presence in NJ and MAYBE 1% because they're "aligned" with Rutgers.

People here are acting as if the B1G East is Survivor and Urban's going to drag Ash to the finale, when in reality, Urban only does things because they benefit Urban. His history is proof of that.

No crap Meyer is doing this for OSU. Does Meyer want Rutgers to do better than Mich in NJ? Absolutely. It's more than 1%.

This alliance probably has a greater common understanding than the Triple Entente, so if that is considered to have been an alliance this one can too.

We've already landed Bo and Clark, head to head targets includes Singleton, Hansard, Bolds, Carter, Bell and soon to be Hand.

You often accuse others of picking on you due to your defending the indefensible Paterno, you can probably help yourself in that regard by stop putting negative RU slant in just about every thing else you post.

Does Meyer want Rutgers to do better than Mich in NJ? Absolutely. It's more than 1%.

And why would Urban want that?

HINT: It isn't because he gives a flying you-know-what about Rutgers.

Like I said, 1%, probably less than that.

Also, the only way RU will out-recruit Michigan in NJ, or anywhere else, is if Chris Ash changes the culture, gets people excited about the program, and then wins. Attending a camp in your own state where another program is the headliner won't suddenly put RU on an equal playing field with Michigan; if THAT'S what you're hanging your hat on to improve your recruiting in NJ, Ash has an even steeper hill to climb than I believed previously.

Last edited:
Also, not sure why you'd attack someone for saying RU is not recruiting at the same level as Michigan right now. That's a simple fact. Chris Ash has done well thus far, but your class is still only ninth in the B1G currently, according to the 247 composite rankings. And when you look at the average rating, RU's class is 12th in the league. Michigan is second and fourth in those metrics, respectively.

That is not what he said, he said RU couldn't land Michigan level recruits. But I suspect you already know that.

Huh? We already beat out Mich for recruits and are going neck and neck with a few others.

One or two recruits is not the Norma. I know some of you freak out the minute we get a 4* and because we land 1 all the sudden we recruit on their level and it's simple not true. If you think for one minute that RU will be competing with Harbaugh and Michigan for the better recruiting class you are Rutgers Al delusional

One or two recruits is not the Norma. I know some of you freak out the minute we get a 4* and because we land 1 all the sudden we recruit on their level and it's simple not true. If you think for one minute that RU will be competing with Harbaugh and Michigan for the better recruiting class you are Rutgers Al delusional

You didn't say that. Please keep your story straight. Nobody is arguing Rutgers will have a better class this year.

And why would Urban want that?

HINT: It isn't because he gives a flying you-know-what about Rutgers.

Like I said, 1%, probably less than that.

Also, the only way RU will out-recruit Michigan in NJ, or anywhere else, is if Chris Ash changes the culture, gets people excited about the program, and then wins. Attending a camp in your own state where another program is the headliner won't suddenly put RU on an equal playing field with Michigan; if THAT'S what you're hanging your hat on to improve your recruiting in NJ, Ash has an even steeper hill to climb than I believed previously.

I don't think you know how alliances work. They are formed to beat the competition, in the hopes that you ultimately prevail at the end above all including your allies. Meyer and Ash have a very good relationship. Nobody likes Harbaugh. Ohio hates Michigan and their #1 goal is to beat Michigan. We all know Meyer is not trying to take Rutgers to the top, but has interest to keep Michigan down. The byproduct helps Rutgers.

Reactions: ScarletDave
You didn't say that. Please keep your story straight. Nobody is arguing Rutgers will have a better class this year.

Exactly. He said we weren't landing "Michigan level recruits" - PERIOD - was shot down proven wrong and now is spinning. This guy is a clown. Just go away already.

We can count on one hand the number of recruits we have signed that had a Michigan offer as well the last 4 years. This year we have one or two commits with a Mich offer and yes, things can change before signing day.

That's not competing bud, ever heard the terminology about a blind squirrel? Getting the PSU/MSU/Iowa level kids will do wonders for our program, but there's no reason to focus all this time on these high 4* 5* kids when we know they aren't coming here at this point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT