ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers athletic director Pat Hobbs abruptly resigns

And you’re sure that’s true?
more sure than your implying A devious reason.
Media outlets reported health , you make it into a conspiracy to hide who knows what that you don't even have a clue about , but want to share what you don't know .

Relax weirdo. I’ll stop commenting on this topic. But when more info comes out, feel free to jump back into this thread.
Comment all you want , but don't expect to be proven right.
But keep on listening to the voice in your head, it might get lonely if you stop because no one else in this thread will hear it🙃

Reactions: Knight Shift
This is my thought exactly. Heart bypass, heart replacement? Serious issues and life threatening but unless he was thinking of calling it quits but signed the extension just in case he had a change of mind, a leave of absence would have been the better play.
I don't know how his contract is structured but that would also terminate any school subsidized insurance he has no?

Reactions: MrsScrew
I don't know how his contract is structured but that would also terminate any school subsidized insurance he has no?
He might be covered for a certain amount of time through the school if that was agreed on before he announced his retirement . Then go on medicare when he turns 65 .
COBRA is also an option until he qualifies for medicare , if Rutgers stops covering his health insurance.

Reactions: DUForever
I’ve no expertise or insight into these kinds of matters but it seems to me that even with a serious health condition he could have either taken leave or set a retirement date in a few months and assist with finding his successor while still getting paid,

But, what matters most is his health and if this is what he feels he needs to do, so be it.
Everyone is different. Every situation is different. It’s funny that you qualify your judgement with your final sentence in your post. You should’ve left it at that.

best of luck to Pat and for his health. I think Rutgers is one million times better situated than they were during after the Tim and Julie firings....important to get the right hire but we are not in desperation mode anymore. I would prefer someone with Jersey ties because clearly Rutgers is a unique type situation still

The media ambushed Schiano and Bob M at this time of year in 2008.
Sus time of year to bail.

Hope RU doesn't do the virtue signaling thing - get a football person.
I would take Boo Corrigan in a second - just renewed with NC State but he makes same as Kirk C.
Boo was ND guy before saving Army ball with Monken.
Boo should be in the B1G

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
It's fair to question this. It's also a typical Rutgers thing to bungle it. No press conference? Nothing in the resignation letter as to why? Then Pat sends a health letter to the newspaper to explain it? Whole thing is either amateur hour OR fishy.

The media ambushed Schiano and Bob M at this time of year in 2008.
Sus time of year to bail.

Hope RU doesn't do the virtue signaling thing - get a football person.
I would take Boo Corrigan in a second - just renewed with NC State but he makes same as Kirk C.
Boo was ND guy before saving Army ball with Monken.
Boo should be in the B1G

After not firing that woman that made those vile statements about the assassination attempt, I'm not so sure anything would surprise me about the next AD hire. Praying for Hobbs and also praying Rutgers makes a great hire.

Reactions: ashokan
I know I said I wouldn’t comment
more sure than your implying A devious reason.
Media outlets reported health , you make it into a conspiracy to hide who knows what that you don't even have a clue about , but want to share what you don't know .
I know I said I wouldn’t comment again but…

Who reported this what? The media outlets reported on what came from Rutgers…

Weirdo’s are people who make shit up without any evidence

You’re that guy

Now you can crawl back in your hole
Now that this is starting to come out as I said it would (though I didn’t expect for it to happen this quickly), do you wanna take back your “make shit up without any evidence” comment now?

It's fair to question this. It's also a typical Rutgers thing to bungle it. No press conference? Nothing in the resignation letter as to why? Then Pat sends a health letter to the newspaper to explain it? Whole thing is either amateur hour OR fishy.
It's not a Rutgers thing, jeeez. It is a personal thing by Hobbs. It's his announcement not Rutgers. Some of you clowns just don't get it.

No they didn't. It came from Hobbs.
It actually came from both of you want to argue about this. Resignation story from Rutgers, health from him. Regardless you’re making my point even more so lol.

It’s a cover up. I’ve alluded to what happened already in this thread. And it’s starting to come out already.

It actually came from both of you want to argue about this. Resignation story from Rutgers, health from him. Regardless you’re making my point even more so lol.

It’s a cover up. I’ve alluded to what happened already in this thread. And it’s starting to come out already.
A cover up?? And who killed JFK? What kinda aluminum foil do you use on your head??
Well nothing has come out since your false statement and you certainly didn't add anything!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
After not firing that woman that made those vile statements about the assassination attempt, I'm not so sure anything would surprise me about the next AD hire. Praying for Hobbs and also praying Rutgers makes a great hire.

A football team and support elements are like an Army. 100s of people involved one way or another. A B1G football program is a money machine and needs to be prioritized. Please no fairy tale excursions into tortured abstractions about "football hegemony" and the need to "branch out."

You don’t see some one resign due to a cardiology issue?

But you’d rather push some mystery narrative that you made up in your head

Creep

The fact that he had a “cardiac team” makes me think this was probably an ongoing issue. Even more credit to Hobbs if he realized he couldn’t do all that’s required of the job and better to hand it over.

But this really sucks.

Rutgers is bound by HIPPA for medical stuff. The message about health stuff would have to come straight from Hobbs. He just received what was obviously really bad news in a medical report. It’s not that unusual that he doesn’t want to talk about it. Also - not every heart condition can be treated with surgery. After what happened with Stringer, maybe he’s happy with where his legacy sits now and doesn’t want to be that guy who drags along a leave of absence knowing the chance of a return is low. Who knows? I’m not sure why one would assume something sinister over something like this.

A cover up?? And who killed JFK? What kinda aluminum foil do you use on your head??
Well nothing has come out since your false statement and you certainly didn't add anything!
My statement isn’t false. It’s 100% a fact and it’s not a conjecture or theory.

Look I love rutgers. There’s a reason I’m on this board. I don’t want this to be the truth just as much as anyone. It’s the epitome of “this is why Rutgers can’t have nice things:”

But look at my previous posts in this thread. I’ve alluded to what actually happened several times. Maybe Hobbs does have a heart issue (idk), but he did some things he should not have done. It’s really crappy and he’s gonna look horrible and it’ll reflect poorly on Rutgers. I’m very disappointed about it.

My statement isn’t false. It’s 100% a fact and it’s not a conjecture or theory.

Look I love rutgers. There’s a reason I’m on this board. I don’t want this to be the truth just as much as anyone. It’s the epitome of “this is why Rutgers can’t have nice things:”

But look at my previous posts in this thread. I’ve alluded to what actually happened several times. Maybe Hobbs does have a heart issue (idk), but he did some things he should not have done. It’s really crappy and he’s gonna look horrible and it’ll reflect poorly on Rutgers. I’m very disappointed about it.
What has come out since your idiot statement? You haven't alluded to anything but what you have dreamed up. Post the real news on your wacko comments please or STFU.

Bet you feel pretty stupid right now.

Prayers for Pat Hobbs. A great man and a great AD.
I hope I am wrong. And I wish Pat a full recovery with his condition and a great retirement.

But something about a Friday news dump, with an email resignation, with no press conference for a well liked, longest tenured AD retiring, feels off. That combined with pernetti, Holloway, the board of directors all getting mentioned in Schiano’s presser but no Hobbs, gives me pause. Hopefully it’s just a tinfoil hat, and dumb thought. Wish Pat a speedy recovery.

What has come out since your idiot statement? You haven't alluded to anything but what you have dreamed up. Post the real news on your wacko comments please or STFU.
Dude. I know you’re not very smart. But do you genuinely think I’m just making this up for fun lol?

Rutgers is bound by HIPPA for medical stuff. The message about health stuff would have to come straight from Hobbs. He just received what was obviously really bad news in a medical report. It’s not that unusual that he doesn’t want to talk about it. Also - not every heart condition can be treated with surgery. After what happened with Stringer, maybe he’s happy with where his legacy sits now and doesn’t want to be that guy who drags along a leave of absence knowing the chance of a return is low. Who knows? I’m not sure why one would assume something sinister over something like this.
First, it’s HIPAA. Second, it may well be that he has a medical condition that compels him to retire on the spot. But it may also well be that there isn’t and this is a coverup orchestrated by him and/or RU. It wouldn’t be the first time or the last that this kind of three card monte CYA lawyering and confidential agreements happen. Don’t believe everything you hear. Richard Nixon says hello.

We may never know, no matter what the involved parties disclose.

Reactions: MrsScrew
We are not allowed to have nice things.

When Tardatoriums like State Penn, Ohio St., etc have nice things no one bats an eye. Rutgers has nice things? "We need to find out why."

Why would he leave abruptly on the cusp of what could be one of our finest hours, that he is directly responsible for, unless there is crippling scandal?

Edit: Turns out it is for health reasons. Wishing all the best for him in his retirement assuming he is retiring. Seriously though, go ahead and throw stones if you didn't think exactly what I did. That just makes you a liar.
Jackass post. Thought never crossed my mind. Not everyone thinks like a negative idiot. So sick of the loser mentality of some in this board.

Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT