ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball wing Gavin Griffiths enters Transfer Portal

Wish this guy would just shut up. He is becoming the kiss of death.

Constantly wrong

Listen. Not even a Goldman Analyst could have forecasted this would happen….

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Reactions: Saint Puppy
Great job Pikell. Way to hold onto one of your prized recruits. This one was botched from beginning. Completely mishandled and mismanaged.
Not really sure how fans would reference to he was mishandled.

He played a lot of minutes, got a lot of shots, and ran plays for someone who underperformed his billing.

Did he expect to be handed a starting role after his performance this season ? He needs to develop . Especially physically. But in this day and age of college athletics , nobody wants to hear that.

not good... was looking forward to him, with Dylan and ACE...
wasn't he originally interested in UCONN before deciding on us? I get the freedoms that are now afforded to students... but the NIL and Transfer just ruining perception of College and rooting for players moving forward.

2 years ago Minnesota road game Pike wouldn’t take Paul off the ball with the team in a flat dead spin in the season. Missed the tournament ppl said not a big deal but it was the beginning to the end of the Pike era.

Last year team had zero chemistry and multiple players took steps back and even quit on the season.

Now prized recruits are jumping ship.
The writing has been on the wall for over 2 years.

Yes he has a recruiting class on paper ( yet to show up on campus) . We don’t have a bench or even a starting lineup.

We’re closer to a new coach then a sustained program.

Good luck Gavin

Knight should.be our coach. If we let him walk away and pike stays then Hobbs is playing favorites too. One guy can recruit. The other cannot even retain the guys that go on record to state they will never transfer.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Recruiting now is a cutthroat business and we have a goody goody like Pikiell for a coach who is more likely to bake cookies than to make promises on playing time that may not be 100% true

Having reached the point of “ Don’ t let the door hit you in the ass kid” it goes left unsaid there is a need to correct this current NIL fiasco. Does a player like Martini ( If he selects RU ) compensate for this year? An experienced player perhaps not as athletically gifted but overall a better player, experienced and mentally ready ?

as someone said previously - Pike is gonna have to earn his salary over the next month or so.

no excuses that he had last year with the two critical late departures. he has the whole transfer period to find suitable/ better replacements. will he?

Not a huge leap to say that this is one of the most critical periods in the history of the program.

...and undoubtedly the most critical off-season in the history of the program.

here is the deal....if Pike cannot CLOSE with who he has and who he WANTED to STAY and who could be a mainstay his junior/senior year, how can anyone be confident he can convince LEGIT not just okay portal player to come to Rutgers

losing your top recruits....like Jones/Gavin amongst huge black hole in depth in recruiting for other seasons is something I hope people start paying attention to instead of slogging off

yes next year is a sugar high with 2 players that fallen into his lap and then gone...and then then what

here is the deal....if Pike cannot CLOSE with who he has and who he WANTED to STAY and who could be a mainstay his junior/senior year, how can anyone be confident he can convince LEGIT not just okay portal player to come to Rutgers

losing your top recruits....like Jones/Gavin amongst huge black hole in depth in recruiting for other seasons is something I hope people start paying attention to instead of slogging off

yes next year is a sugar high with 2 players that fallen into his lap and then gone...and then then what
This ^^.

Just frustrated overall. Hate NIL and new age of College but still say Pikell didnt handle this one right way. I dont know all details but this kid seemed like a loyal son and something drastically changed. Maybe some if it is NIL but think there is much more to it then that.

Wish this guy would just shut up. He is becoming the kiss of death.

Constantly wrong
Say his name, it's ru72 and acting like you know it "all" never works especially when you go from wishy washy lawyer speak to saying something definitive.

F Hobbs on his podcast comments. These are not kids anymore. These are players making up to six figures a year.tbey are paid players not students .they are not in it for education now it's all about the bag.
For once you'd have a point if they were signing contracts and not inexperienced 18 year olds. But as usual you're full of it.

Not really sure how fans would reference to he was mishandled.

He played a lot of minutes, got a lot of shots, and ran plays for someone who underperformed his billing.

Did he expect to be handed a starting role after his performance this season ? He needs to develop . Especially physically. But in this day and age of college athletics , nobody wants to hear that.
Fourth most shot attempts on the team. Shot 32% which was good for second worst of anyone in the rotation (Derek was worse).

Recruiting now is a cutthroat business and we have a goody goody like Pikiell for a coach who is more likely to bake cookies than to make promises on playing time that may not be 100% true

I hear you. but people can change.

personality-wise I am kinda like Pike - I generally like to be the "good guy" - but burn me and I'm gonna nail you.

point is, I agree that Pike has this good guy image but he has been burned a number of times recently. thus, I HAVE TO ASSUME that he realizes that the good guy thing aint gonna work anymore - that him being loyal is no longer gonna pay dividends in this new era of college basketball. there is no such thing as loyalty anymore, no more need to DEVELOP players and the team. EVERY YEAR IS A NEW YEAR.

Pike may be a "nice guy" but he isnt a moron. and he has MORE THAN ENOUGH EVIDENCE to see that the college basketball landscape has changed overnight.

I have to assume he sees that and will show the same loyalty that he has been shown

If he does NOT - it wont be because of loyalty - it will be due to stupidity.

and again, I dont think he's stupid.

For those not paying attention… portal recruiting appears to be going well. I would wait before getting disappointed. Next years team will be much better and we are potentially adding some experienced players that fit much better.
No team built with players that have never played together coming for one season together will ever succeed especially at a non traditional powerhouse like RU.

next year is going to be a massive let down.

No team built with players that have never played together coming for one season together will ever succeed especially at a non traditional powerhouse like RU.

next year is going to be a massive let down.
lol. You don’t even know who’s on the team. And BTW multiple tourney teams did it this past year.

This ^^.

Just frustrated overall. Hate NIL and new age of College but still say Pikell didnt handle this one right way. I dont know all details but this kid seemed like a loyal son and something drastically changed. Maybe some if it is NIL but think there is much more to it then that.
Maybe he felt he was over his head at this level and would get less minutes next year? I'm not happy about this, but there's a lot of panic over a kid that had more problems than success

lol. You don’t even know who’s on the team.
I don’t need to know. You think 2 freshmen are going to tear up the B1G? How did that go for GG this year. We don’t have an offense. Why do you think Cam is competing for a national title. Do you know where GG probably going to wind up? Guarantee whatever team it is they will have a more successful season than ours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT