ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers football bowl watch: Sizing up No. 2 Michigan and other remaining opponents

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Iseman is easily the best beat writer for RU football. A LOT more in the link. Iseman is Cuse alum. He's not a homer.

I have 9 wins penciled in. šŸ¤«šŸ„³

1. Michigan: "The No. 2 Wolverines offensively havenā€™t played that well, and quarterback J.J. McCarthy has been inconsistent."

2. Wagner- NFM

3. Wisconsin- "The Luke Fickell era hasnā€™t gotten off to the smoothest start."

4. MSU- "The Spartans seemed like a vulnerable team entering the season, and now they seem even more so after the sexual harassment scandal involving head coach Mel Tucker."

5- Hoosiers- "The Hoosiers are still one of the most beatable teams on Rutgersā€™ Big Ten schedule and that hasnā€™t changed."

6. Ohio State- "The Buckeyes hadnā€™t looked as dominant as theyā€™d been in recent seasons through their first two games, but that changed Saturday against Western Kentucky."

7. Iowa- "Iowaā€™s anemic offense of last season has shown improvement this season."

8. Penn State- "Rutgers hasnā€™t beaten Penn State since 1988. That drought will probably continue."

9. Maryland- "Could it all come down to this game?"

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...college-football-bow-games-watch/70886137007/ šŸ„³

MSU and Indiana may be the most likely path to 6 wins this year. And that's only if things continue to fall apart at MSU. Indiana is on the road so that's a toss up. Maryland? They have trucked us the last two years. And Wisconsin? Every time I read that they may be vulnerable, they beat us soundly.

I was thinking RutgersAl had gotten ahold of some of his stationery but then I read the article. Not predicting 9 wins but rather a real shot at 6, which is eminently reasonable.
Agree.

Who are the 6 more wins? We're you hanging out with my friend Al this Saturday??

We have 3 wins. Shift posted he has 9 wins penciled in.
We are going off of thisā€¦.

I was thinking RutgersAl had gotten ahold of some of his stationery but then I read the article. Not predicting 9 wins but rather a real shot at 6, which is eminently reasonable.
And as previously mentioned in another thread, Wisky got this particular bowl at 6-6.

I would sign us up for Phoenix in a heartbeatā€¦now if we could get the game changed from the 26th to the 27th šŸ˜‚ā€¦

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT