ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Giving Day: Wrestling

Jersey Boys

All American
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
Section 127
Wrestling community... we need to step up the giving today which ends midnight tonight. As of now we sit in 9th place among sports in terms of # of donors with 21. WE ARE NEAR THE BOTTOM!!!! Field Hockey, Men and Woman's Golf, Baseball are all ahead of us not to mention Football and Basketball.

Let's get out there and give... even $50. The top 4 to 5 teams in terms of individual donors get an additional $1K to $8K in matching gifts.

https://givingday.rutgers.edu/pages/leaderboards-2022#athleticsleaderboard

Not for nothing and I'll probably sound like a d*ck(not my intention) but Rutgers University doesn't need my money. Athletics is a drop in the bucket for the $4.6 billion dollar conglomeration. Although the media and professors would have you to believe otherwise. I'd rather give my money to the SKWC as their only form of receiving money is through donations.

Not for nothing and I'll probably sound like a d*ck(not my intention) but Rutgers University doesn't need my money. Athletics is a drop in the bucket for the $4.6 billion dollar conglomeration. Although the media and professors would have you to believe otherwise. I'd rather give my money to the SKWC as their only form of receiving money is through donations.
Yeah SKWC is what will really get the wrestling team to that next level.

This is a disappointing response and sad to see likes. I’ve spoken to prominent coaches on the staff and they personally stated it’s necessary to donate to both. Scholarships, salaries to the main coaches etc is funded from this.

Do what you like and donating to SKWC is absolutely critical, but to piss on this campaign isn’t a good look. I would have preferred you to simply ignore it and move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loyal-Son
Of course, the coaches will say what their bosses want them to say. The SKWC directly benefits the program. When I give to the SKWC I know where my money goes. When I give to Rutgers part of the money goes to Rutgers fund raisers and who knows where the rest of my donation goes. I just gave to the SKWC when one of the coaches contacted me and asked to help pay for a resident athlete. I think it is called the Covid Challenge. I would rather give to support Ashnault and other staff that Rutgers does not pay or under pays.

Of course, the coaches will say what their bosses want them to say. The SKWC directly benefits the program. When I give to the SKWC I know where my money goes. When I give to Rutgers part of the money goes to Rutgers fund raisers and who knows where the rest of my donation goes. I just gave to the SKWC when one of the coaches contacted me and asked to help pay for a resident athlete. I think it is called the Covid Challenge. I would rather give to support Ashnault and other staff that Rutgers does not pay or under pays.

I made a 6 month pledge to the COVID challenge. I’m a boom club member. I make a sizable pledge to the PIN pool and I participate in the annual golf outing. I also recognize that our program represents Rutgers University, their scholarships are funded by Rutgers University and the coaching staff is supported by Rutgers University. Hobbs, our donors and Rutgers provide the funding for the new practice facility. The decision to fully fund the 9.9 scholarships comes from donors and $$ from Rutgers University. I’m part of a letter winner group that funds a scholarship.

SKWC is absolutely important. But if you care about the RU program don’t tell me with a straight face that the donations to the Rutgers program through the R fund are not important.

As for the “what their bosses tell them” comment I consider one of these coaches a personal friend and think much higher of him than that.

I get why people can be down on the University (I’ve been there) and applaud all you guys who are big contributors to this forum and the SKWC. If you choose not to support the R Fund, that is fine. But I just don’t like the negative reaction to what I see as a big fund raising campaign for our program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonard23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT