ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Hoops defeats Merrimack, 48-35

Wasn’t at the game. The RSU kids are saying that the O generated good shots but they weren’t going in. But expressed confidence they they would go down eventually.

Wasn’t at the game. The RSU kids are saying that the O generated good shots but they weren’t going in. But expressed confidence they they would go down eventually.
Half true. Caleb's misses were not even close. Mulcahy had one or two go in and out.

Rutgers performance against the zone defense was abysmal.They didn't have a player at the top of the foul line who could make a short jump shot or drive to the basket for a layup.

I'll enjoy the win and expect the coaches to make ajustments based on how the team played today.Looking forward to this team making the tourney and be one to make RU MBB fans proud along the way

Another just win, baby game. I'm usually a glass half-filled guy, so I like that RU won this more easily than against Lehigh. Cliff and RHJ both had double-doubles. RU also strangled Merrimack's offense for the last 10 minutes. I'll leave it the agita-afflicted to point all out all the things that went wrong today.

The “win is a win” mantra is valid for one game. That’s just the nature of college basketball. 2 in a row is a major red flag. All those positive pre-season comments remind me of every spring when Isaiah Washington is “poised for a breakout”.

Caleb & Mulcahy can not both be starters. One needs to come off the bench. I think Mulchay is best suited for this team as the 6th man. I hope he wouldn't have a problem with that

Reactions: RW90
The “win is a win” mantra is valid for one game. That’s just the nature of college basketball. 2 in a row is a major red flag. All those positive pre-season comments remind me of every spring when Isaiah Washington is “poised for a breakout”.
I'm confused. What 2 in a row? We were supposed to win by 13 today and we did win by 13.

I'm confused. What 2 in a row? We were supposed to win by 13 today and we did win by 13.
Lol do you realize that the line went down after the Lehigh scare? They were down at halftime. The fact that RU was favored only 13 over - sub 200-ranked Kenpom team is embarrassing. This is not a good basketball team right now

Reactions: zebnatto
Lol do you realize that the line went down after the Lehigh scare? They were down at halftime. The fact that RU was favored only 13 over - sub 200-ranked Kenpom team is embarrassing. This is not a good basketball team right now
And OSU was supposed to beat Niagara by 20 but beat them by 10. Does that mean they're not good? The season is still early.

Reactions: RUhobbit
And OSU was supposed to beat Niagara by 20 but beat them by 10. Does that mean they're not good? The season is still early.
That's based off KenPom rating Ohio State as a top-20 team. Maybe they're more like #30. Rutgers is being rated as the #70 team, so living up to that isn't exactly thrilling.

I'm not hyping up the team just saying we're where people thought we would be. I'm hoping for improvement but I also know there's a difference between real teams and fantasy teams and we have the team on the floor not a team that is in someone's head.

What’s sad is that a B1G roster, hyped heavily by its head coach, was only favored by 13 on its home floor against Merrimack.

Reactions: RUonBrain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT