ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers men's soccer...Donigan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me...a Mercer guy (Danny and I went to Steinert/Hamilton-East), going to UConn (where DD was a POTY in the BE twice), probably "stings" just a tad right now.
Does it matter how much it stings? His coaching and recruiting are bad, so a change should be made. As an aside, you don't think he's at all happy for his alma mater?

Day 94 of the Donigan hostage crisis

Does it matter how much it stings? His coaching and recruiting are bad, so a change should be made. As an aside, you don't think he's at all happy for his alma mater?

Day 94 of the Donigan hostage crisis

IMHO it does matter - I would hope that you want it to matter to him - and I don’t know how he feels about UConn BUT I’m sure he would feel better losing a kid like that to a school far away.

I think instead of paying UCLA $500k to get out of playing them in football, we should've paid off Donigan and be done with this era. We sure like to dig ourselves big holes to climb out of at Rutgers.

I agree we throw around money on the football program like its nothing yet we can't come up with maybe $100,000 at most for Donnigan's buyout is ridiculous; The team this year is going to be a train wreck the program will be so devoid of talent when he leaves here that it will take the next coach at a minimum of 3-4 years to build it up. It is similar to the situation in women's basketball where le left CVS in place and the program has very little talent and when she leaves it will take a few years to bring the program back to where it should be

It is similar to the situation in women's basketball where le left CVS in place and the program has very little talent and when she leaves it will take a few years to bring the program back to where it should be

You are such a repetitive know nothing tool, posting your bile all over the place. RU WBB are currently 18-7 & just beat the #13 team in the nation, just goes to show that you post nonsense without looking at the facts!

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
You are such a repetitive know nothing tool, posting your bile all over the place. RU WBB are currently 18-7 & just beat the #13 team in the nation, just goes to show that you post nonsense without looking at the facts!
The first part of the post before referencing WBB seems accurate though.

I agree we throw around money on the football program like its nothing yet we can't come up with maybe $100,000 at most for Donnigan's buyout is ridiculous; The team this year is going to be a train wreck the program will be so devoid of talent when he leaves here that it will take the next coach at a minimum of 3-4 years to build it up. It is similar to the situation in women's basketball where le left CVS in place and the program has very little talent and when she leaves it will take a few years to bring the program back to where it should be

On the cusp of winning 1000 games to become the 6th coach ever while bringing the program to prominence. CVS will leave when she is ready and Hobbs will support her either way because she has earned it. Agree on Donnigan but CVS will get most of the breaks in my book. By the way going back to the dance (hopefully) after a 6-24 year is no small feat.

Looks like the recruiting class is starting to be revealed as this is signing day. A few jersey guys (the usual defender, midfielder types that fill out the roster), a defender from California, and a striker from England.

The WBB late season leaves them suspect for a bid with Maryland and Ohio State probably losses. The NCAA hates RU women BB as evidenced in the past. Give them a reason to screw us and they will take it.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
The WBB late season leaves them suspect for a bid with Maryland and Ohio State probably losses. The NCAA hates RU women BB as evidenced in the past. Give them a reason to screw us and they will take it.
That is usually true but the possibility of CVS winning her 1,000 game during the NCAA tournament might be a story that the NCAA would want, to add to the viewing audience.

Our rpi is 14. It would be tough for us not to make the tourney

Listening to you I feel like I'm in the classroom of a Peanuts' cartoon.

Trust me...a Mercer guy (Danny and I went to Steinert/Hamilton-East), going to UConn (where DD was a POTY in the BE twice), probably "stings" just a tad right now.
Another level to Diop sting is that he played at PDA. With such deep connections there, you’d hope that the RU staff could maybe have gotten an inside track and brought him to the banks. Looks like the PDA recruit this year-or at least the one announced so far is a defender. Don’t know anything about him yet.

I guess that the recruiting class announcement consists of the two transfers and the recent twitter updates about the pda player, another NJ player, and a defender from Cali. Maybe a more official announcement will come. I guess a class of 5 seems reasonable on the heels of the rather large class last year. I don’t know. It does seem like men’s soccer is the most under-publicized and least hyped of the RU non football/basketball sports. Sad.

with just a quick glance it looks like 9 departing seniors

then 13 rising sophs as you noted
then 7 rising seniors
and only 4 rising juniors

It looks like a total of 6. Bjt i have no idea if any kids left the program early

Reactions: Ironhead23
Thanks for the breakdown. Roster of 30 seems right. But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a player or two does transfer out. Still waiting for an official announcement of recruiting class though.

I'm surprised at all the attention that DD is receiving; as a reminder there is an associate head coach on the books, that in my opinion is the puppeteer. This is where the scrutiny should be placed.

I'm surprised at all the attention that DD is receiving; as a reminder there is an associate head coach on the books, that in my opinion is the puppeteer. This is where the scrutiny should be placed.

English please...

Reactions: Leonard23
Enough with DD. Give it up allready!!
Give what up exactly? The right to critique a failing coach steering what should be a strong program into the embarrassing depths of the big ten Soccer ranks. Not to mention making it one of the weaker college soccer programs in NJ.

Perhaps, but how do you see the assistant doing this puppeteering?

Still no announcement of incoming recruits besides two transfers. Does anyone know anything about other recruits?

Reminds of Ted Koppel's Iran Hostage Crisis count-up. Nobody knew it would end up going all the way to 444...

Reactions: Leonard23
No, do not know much!!
but good test this weekend. Spring schedule posted. R vs Temple Sat 12:00 Yurcak.
Thanks for the update! At this point though, given the sorry state of things, it seems like just about any team with a faint pulse will be a “good test”

Are you saying Dave Beck runs the team and Donigan is his puppet? Even if true, DD brought Beck w him, didn't he? FIre Donigan and the problem still goes away.

Exactly. The whole PDA coaching crew has to go. That well has dried up. This deep connection between pda and ru men’s soccer isn’t pushing this team upwards anymore.

Are you saying Dave Beck runs the team and Donigan is his puppet? Even if true, DD brought Beck w him, didn't he? FIre Donigan and the problem still goes away.

lol NOBODY is getting fired right now...check back at season’s end...this thread is mind numbing anymore...[cheers]

Not as mind numbing as the last two seasons of play on the pitch. And the inability of the AD to make a change. Are soccer fans voiceless/irrelevant at RU? Hard to imagine that this level of performance would be tolerated by say, the RU wrestling community. Or lax for that matter.

Not as mind numbing as the last two seasons of play on the pitch. And the inability of the AD to make a change. Are soccer fans voiceless/irrelevant at RU? Hard to imagine that this level of performance would be tolerated by say, the RU wrestling community. Or lax for that matter.

As it’s becoming very obvious that you’re not familiar, at all, with the history of our athletic programs, I’m just going to ignore those comments. Anyway, when the time comes - and it in all likelihood will after this season - I’m sure a change will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT