ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers should move game times to 9:30pm. Thanks!

NickRU714

Heisman Winner
Aug 18, 2009
7pm sucks.

With 2 kids under 4yo, 7pm - 9:30pm consists of:
Finishing cooking dinner
Feeding kids/cleaning kitchen
Bath
Bed routine
Put one to sleep
Put the other to sleep
Get a text from a friend reminding me the RU game is on and close.

9:30pm would be perfect.
Be able to sit down and watch the game in peace after everyone is asleep.

Hobbs - get on it!

7pm sucks.

Finishing cooking dinner
Bath
Bed routine
Put one to sleep
Put the other to sleep

Hobbs - get on it!
Count me in... I'm on the west coast

nah, it takes me about 45 minutes each way to get to the games...by the time I got home we are talking tomorrow.....

If all the games were that late, I probably would not purchase the number of season tickets I do.

Reactions: Jeevan Kirkland
I'm in same boat as OP. Obviously he was being sarcastic. But I'm already dreading the dance I will have to do with my 4yo and 2yo tomorrow night at 7pm. I can DVR it and watch after but I like following along on the game thread on this site.

Hopefully no ridiculous traffic patterns from those coming from Suttons

Just no more 6pm games...basically impossible to come from work in the city and be on time

Too late for everyone. Kids go to school the next day and parents go to work. You could move to 7:30pm but 9:30pm is not doable during the week. Once in a while is okay but not the normal schedule

Reactions: RUJMM78
Bring the kids to the game. My son's first game was at age 5 months. 20 years later he is now a junior and involved with the team as a manager. i probably can count the number of games he missed on my hands.

Reactions: Scarlet83
My son is now 33 and has been attending every home game since he was one. Most of us have had the same problem. The kids grow up fast. The games at 7 or 7:30 PM are perfect for most people. The kids that go with their parent or parents can be home in most cases by 10 PM. I think you just need to dvr the games unless you bring them with you.

I seem to recall weekday night games were always at 7:30 or 8:00 and then a few year ago they switched to 7:00. Man ever since then it’s always a huge rush to get there on time.

I’d be happy if they just went back to 7:30 starts.

I seem to recall weekday night games were always at 7:30 or 8:00 and then a few year ago they switched to 7:00. Man ever since then it’s always a huge rush to get there on time.

I agree. The change had everything to do with tv.

Reactions: BillyC80
7:30 is the perfect time. Would not be okay if later unless on the weekend.

My son is now 33 and has been attending every home game since he was one.
Sounds like a referral to Child Protective Services is in order. No adult, much less child, should suffer that kid of abuse over the last 29 years. :)

Scheduling time is impacted by tv coverage where there will be a 7pm and 9:15 pm game.

7pm is a decent time, but but is tough for those of that work in the city. 7:30 would be so much better.

Send the kids to boarding school until they’re old enough to cook, feed themselves, bathe, and care for themselves. What kind of fan are you? :)

7pm sucks. BULLSH!T.

Finishing cooking dinner -TAKEOUT
Feeding kids/cleaning kitchen -MESSY KITCHEN
Bath- DIRTY KIDS
Bed routine - BORING
Put one to sleep - LET THE KID STAY UP!
Put the other to sleep - AGAIN?!?
Get a text from a friend reminding me the RU game is on and close. - BULLSH!T. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT THE GAME TEXTING YOUR FRIEND.

!

Responses in CAPS above.

I'm in same boat as OP. Obviously he was being sarcastic. But I'm already dreading the dance I will have to do with my 4yo and 2yo tomorrow night at 7pm. I can DVR it and watch after but I like following along on the game thread on this site.

I’m with you guys. I’ll be DVR’ing the game so I can watch in peace, but wish I could watch live

7pm sucks.

Finishing cooking dinner
Bath
Bed routine
Put one to sleep
Put the other to sleep

Hobbs - get on it!
agreed, I work in NYC till 530 and won't catch trains till 617 earliest... Won't be home till 715 at the earliest! I can never catch 7pm games other than weekends...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT