ADVERTISEMENT

RUTGERS vs Maryland Game Thread :

Don't you realize there is a talent gap thanks to Flood with the likes of a powerhouse like Maryland. Get with the party line.

Yes, our current Performance is all Flood's fault.
Our Staff knows what they are doing. Drink your kool aid sir.
:chairshot:

omg Rutgers cannot tackle..thats not talent. I have supported Ash because we were going nowhere this year and it takes a full 3 years...but early returns are brutal. He is doing a very poor job year one, there is literally nothing this team does good

Thank God they spent so much time learning how to tackle "rugby style".

The Maryland players are just too damn good. Where did they get these 4 and 5 star athletes. Well this was really to be expected since Flood's recruiting left us in the position of starting 11 walk-ons on each side of the ball and special teams. This couldn't be the result of poor coaching, nah, that is just not possible.

omg Rutgers cannot tackle..thats not talent. I have supported Ash because we were going nowhere this year and it takes a full 3 years...but early returns are brutal. He is doing a very poor job year one, there is literally nothing this team does good

Here's the thing: Cioffi should be able to tackle by now and that has ZERO to do with Ash. He's been playing at this level for 4+ years.

2 blocks in the back on that punt return.. right at the ball.. one maryland player did both of them. I can see the ref keeping the flag tucked on the 1st one because it looked like he got blocked into the return man... but when the same guy did it again.. that should have been a flag. The first TD run had a missed call on holding downfield.. we canot get a call. Sacrificial lambs in this one.. let Maryland get bowl eligible in impressive fashion.

Reactions: redking and RUSK97
Harris has been open all game!!! UMD'a secondary is PUTRID ... we need to take advantage! See the open WRs

When Maryland had a linebacker playing QB a few years ago, it will still better than this

Harris has been open all game!!! UMD'a secondary is PUTRID ... we need to take advantage! See the open WRs
He's running in the middle of the field wide open, but this team doesn't throw to the middle. Only to the side lines

Ash's talent excuse for specials is BS
Christ...Texas AM uses regular students for ST's

Have you not noticed how incredibly slow we are on ST's? That's a big issue and has been all season. Still agree that Okruck needs to go, don't get me wrong, but we have serious speed issues.

Maryland has one of the worst defenses in the B1G. Yet I'm beginning to think another shutout is a real possibility.

Reactions: Block R
Sucking in all 3 phases of the game in the first 5 minutes. Have a good weekend guys and gals

It's coaching and talent but here's the thing: if the talent is poor, and it is, even the ghost of fvcking Vince Lombardi isn't going to be able to make much of it. You are still going to stink. Ash and his staff may or may not improve but with the players we have we were never going to be anything but some degree of bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT