ADVERTISEMENT

RUWBB 2017-18: “Honor the Past” OR “Look to the Future”

I believe…

• Honor the Past

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Look to the Future

Votes: 37 75.5%

• Total voters
Didn't read the whole thread, so apologies if already discussed, but isn't it about time that Hobbs says something one way or the other on this issue?

Didn't read the whole thread, so apologies if already discussed, but isn't it about time that Hobbs says something one way or the other on this issue?
I'm with you on that.
My own opinion ( guess would be a better description) is that Hobbs is willing to bring CVS back and isn't looking to replace her, but he has some things in the contract extension that she doesn't like and it might not get done if Stringer don't agree to them.

I would guess Vivian will be back next season, but Hobbs will be ready to replace her during the season if the team doesn't show a lot of improvement.
That's with or without an extension and any extension will be so RU friendly that replacing Vivian Stringer ( at anytime) won't hurt the budget .
Hobbs probably wants C.Vivian Stringer to get her 1000th as the RU WBB HC and will give her a chance with or without an extension signed.
But if the program doesn't show improvement , Hobbs won't let the quest for 1000 stand in the way of letting CVS go before reaching it.

I'm with you on that.
My own opinion ( guess would be a better description) is that Hobbs is willing to bring CVS back and isn't looking to replace her, but he has some things in the contract extension that she doesn't like and it might not get done if Stringer don't agree to them.

I would guess Vivian will be back next season, but Hobbs will be ready to replace her during the season if the team doesn't show a lot of improvement.
That's with or without an extension and any extension will be so RU friendly that replacing Vivian Stringer ( at anytime) won't hurt the budget .
Hobbs probably wants C.Vivian Stringer to get her 1000th as the RU WBB HC and will give her a chance with or without an extension signed.
But if the program doesn't show improvement , Hobbs won't let the quest for 1000 stand in the way of letting CVS go before reaching it.
Replacing mid-season would be surprising, but otherwise, this all sounds about right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT