ADVERTISEMENT

Semi OT: Major concert coming to SHI

I'd be interested to hear how they got that past Piscataway.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Half of the show proceeds go to the defense fund to defund the homeowner's lawsuit who lost the eminent domain case for the sewer line.
I remember when greasy Tony’s restaurant went into eminent domain in New Brunswick. NB made a low ball offer, Tony demanded $$$$ and ended up begging NB to get back to their original offer. The little guy always gets screwed under eminent domain.

Speaking of Tony, may he RIP. A true icon in New Brunswick, Tucson and Tempe, AZ.

It's about time RU starts using the stadium to generate $$...
Long overdue.

You've got to wonder what happened that Rutgers is ready to go toe to toe with the dingleberries that run Piscataway to finally exploit this resource like everyone else does.

Last edited:
Who get’s the revenue from this? I hope it’s Athletics since they have to pay all utilities and maintenance for the stadium.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I am guessing The Rolling Stones. Doing lots of outdoor stadiums like Heinz Field. Touring around the next few weeks with some 5 day openings in their schedule. Nothing in the Northeast so far.

I am guessing The Rolling Stones. Doing lots of outdoor stadiums like Heinz Field. Touring around the next few weeks with some 5 day openings in their schedule. Nothing in the Northeast so far.
Won’t be them. They play in Minnesota on the 24th. They won’t play in Jersey and Minnesota on back to back nights.

My prediction is the athletic department definition of major concert is not what most people would consider. I am guessing it will be a name that was big at one time but not so big now.

It says the concert is October 23rd…don’t concerts usually want more time then that to sell tickets? What major artist would agree to play a stadium with less then 3 weeks to sell all the tickets?

Reactions: RUaMoose
1910 Fruitgum Company. Joey Dee and the Starliters opening.
Back when we had 12" snow storms in the 60's, a friend I shoveled a driveway (in Colonia), got paid less than what we asked and as we were leaving, the homeowner's son called us back. He was their manager (or road mgr) and gave us each a 45 of "Simon Says". Fruitgum were actually good musicians but we just couldn't listen to bubblegum. After we were out of site from the house, Al and I invented the frisbee!

$$$$$$$$$$$$ in blank envelopes.
wutang-cream.gif

It says the concert is October 23rd…don’t concerts usually want more time then that to sell tickets? What major artist would agree to play a stadium with less then 3 weeks to sell all the tickets?
A local legend with instant drawing power?

Won’t be them. They play in Minnesota on the 24th. They won’t play in Jersey and Minnesota on back to back nights.

My prediction is the athletic department definition of major concert is not what most people would consider. I am guessing it will be a name that was big at one time but not so big now.

If what I heard is true, you are correct, but I haven't looked into it any further.

Reactions: PSU_Nut

I did not realize that the Oct 23 date was set. You are right - no way that band plays 2 nights in a row. Lol They need to spend at least two full days back in the assisted living center to rest and play bingo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT