ADVERTISEMENT

Sitkowski out for the year.

This is the reason one should never criticize football players. They are like gladiators who can be playing their last down on every single play. They are playing a very brutal sport.

Can you call football a sport when so many players are injured and lost for the season?
It is very hard to compete when your best player goes down.
We lost against NW because Cruikshank was not playing.

This is the reason one should never criticize football players. They are like gladiators who can be playing their last down on every single play. They are playing a very brutal sport.

Can you call football a sport when so many players are injured and lost for the season?
It is very hard to compete when your best player goes down.
We lost against NW because Cruikshank and O’Neal were not playing.
FIFY

That's too bad hate to see that. Tough collision arm and shoulder broken on same play. Never heard of that before.
Hope he heals quickly and fully with no ll affects

Reactions: beaced
That's too bad hate to see that. Tough collision arm and shoulder broken on same play. Never heard of that before.
Hope he heals quickly and fully with no ll affects
His shoulder was injured before he arrived at IL. Just getting it repaired now since he’s already on the shelf.

His shoulder was injured before he arrived at IL. Just getting it repaired now since he’s already on the shelf.

Seems like Bielema is trying to make Rutgers part of the reason Artur is out and not admitting he was willing to put Sit in games knowing he wasn't 100% , rather than completely fixing the problem before allowed on field.
Not only does Bret throw the players under the bus, he makes sure the buss is gassed up before he sends it to run over them

Seems like Bielema is trying to make Rutgers part of the reason Artur is out and not admitting he was willing to put Sit in games knowing he wasn't 100% , rather than completely fixing the problem before allowed on field.
Not only does Bret throw the players under the bus, he makes sure the buss is gassed up before he sends it to run over them
He should use an electric bus. Cleaner and more efficient to run over those players.

Really hate to see that, wish him only the best. Hope he recovers completely and is ready for next fall.

Bielema is a scumbag.

Reactions: OJRutgers
I don’t buy this reasoning at all. Bielema was simply saying that Art had a pre-existing shoulder situation when he arrived in Champaign, but not enough to make him sit out the season. So why didn’t Greg tell Art that he needed to sit out this season if he was aware of Art’s previous shoulder injury?

Bielema is a first year coach at IL and has already beaten Nebraska and PSU with a team that is mostly overmatched in every position group. What’s not to like about that?

Last edited:
I think you're overthinking this

Reactions: scarletschuyler
I don’t buy this reatoning at all. Bielema was simply saying that Art had a pre-existing shoulder situation when he arrived in Champaign, but not enough to make him sit out the season. So why didn’t Greg tell Art that he needed to sit out this season if he was aware of Art’s previous shoulder injury?

Bielema is a first year coach at IL and has already beaten Nebraska and PSU with a team that is mostly overmatched in every position group. What’s not to like about that?
Art ended his season early at Rutgers and injury might have been part of it.
Can't say one way or another , but Art was able to throw the bomb , even if home run ones seemed not happening.
But Bielema knew before hand that the rehab didn't make Art 100% and implied it was the previous school that cause problem.
Just like he implied his players recruited by previous HC weren't up to standards and were reason Ill wasn't playing good.
No one knows how bad Art's shoulder was at Rutgers or if it was a problem.
BB made it so along with admitting shoulder seemed not right while playing for him.
That's my take
But Sit did hurt his shoulder in 2018 , so might have lost strength back then and thought rehab was enough and did seem to have a strong arm the rest of time at RU.
Never heard of shoulder bothering him again until BB seemed to try to make an issue out of it

Beating PSU was unexpected, but upsets do happen .
Nebraska not so much the way they play at times
I'll see what happens Sat, before I make a statue for BB and place it next to the Bama BB one

I think you're overthinking this
you might be right , I really don't know what the BB was thinking when he claimed shoulder issue was there when Art came to Illinois.
Just feel BB was trying to make shoulder surgery needed Rutgers fault, even though BB played him and implied shoulder problem made arm strength not as good as it should have been.
Felt it was a not my fault type of move, even though he played Sitkowski feeling the kid had a shoulder problem..

Is there video of the hit? Missed it. I hope he recovers well!

You’re a moron.

He was just explaining that Sitkowski will miss the spring as well because he has to have two surgeries: one for the broken arm and another for the shoulder that was already injured. He’s just clarifying that the shoulder wasn’t hurt in the same play (because not clarifying would’ve led to the same confusion as you saw previously in this thread).

You’re a moron.

He was just explaining that Sitkowski will miss the spring as well because he has to have two surgeries: one for the broken arm and another for the shoulder that was already injured. He’s just clarifying that the shoulder wasn’t hurt in the same play (because not clarifying would’ve led to the same confusion as you saw previously in this thread).

never said or implied that BB claimed Sit hurt shoulder that game.
Just implied/said he is trying to blame Rutgers for Artur's shoulder surgery needed because he came to Illinois with shoulder problem
He claimed Sitkpowski arrived with shoulder problem, but didn't say he might have made it worse by playing Artur even though shoulder robbed some arm strength from Sitkowski even after rehabbing it
Read, what was said, before you insult, might make you look smarter when stating your opinion.

My opinion on BB trying to make Rutgers responsible for shoulder surgery needed, even though BB knew about it and had Sitkowski try the rehab route instead of surgically repairing shoulder like he implies needed now to make shoulder 100% again

Today's Philadelphia Inquirer contains a brief report from the Associated Press that Sitkowski had arm surgery today. There will be another operation in two to four weeks "to correct a chronic problem in his right shoulder."

Am I the only person surprised that surgery is necessary on his arm? It seems to me that would be needed only if it were a very severe fracture or if there is an injury to his arm in addition to the fracture. But maybe things have changed.

Is this why the grocery store is out of tin foil?

Reactions: scarletschuyler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT