ADVERTISEMENT

That’ll be our worst game all year

RUsojo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
Yeah that’s right a 23 point win is going to be our worst game all year.

What I took out of this game is Cliff is real good and Mag will give us serious minutes as an active wing defender and will scrape a few put backs.

We won’t shoot that bad from 3 or the FT like all year and Sacred Heart hit some tough 3s.

It always takes Pikiell a little while to figure out his best rotations. I thought that wouldn’t be the case returning so many guys but nonetheless he always figures it out. Geo injury probably forced him to deviate from his intentions.

Buckle up boys

Reactions: miketd1
Yeah that’s right a 23 point win is going to be our worst game all year.

What I took out of this game is Cliff is real good and Mag will give us serious minutes as an active wing defender and will scrape a few put backs.

We won’t shoot that bad from 3 or the FT like all year and Sacred Heart hit some tough 3s.

It always takes Pikiell a little while to figure out his best rotations. I thought that wouldn’t be the case returning so many guys but nonetheless he always figures it out. Geo injury probably forced him to deviate from his intentions.

Buckle up boys

...also Paul Mulcahy continues to make strides on both sides of the ball....

Yeah very sloppy start to the season. Shooting woes from both 3-pt and FT rears it’s ugly head.

I guess times have changed, but I’m not happy with what I saw tonight in a 23 point win. It was a dunkathon, but we won’t get away with that against a B1G opponent.

Could be worse. Arizona State struggling with URI late in their game. Illinois hung 122pts on their victim.

Yeah very sloppy start to the season. Shooting woes from both 3-pt and FT rears it’s ugly head.

I guess times have changed, but I’m not happy with what I saw tonight in a 23 point win. It was a dunkathon, but we won’t get away with that against a B1G opponent.

Yeah, but in a pre-game interview, Pike mentioned a big challenge in that the guys have only practiced among themselves - no live competition, and that they have not played with refs in any of their scrimmages. I'm sure those factors will slow down any start to this crazy season.

Reactions: Scangg
That said, there were some thing to like:

1. Cliff very active on the boards and in finishing at the tin.

2. Mulcahy great all around game, very strong finisher, and still a great passer.

3. Tez with a nice game, had a bunch of steals, stayed under control, and hit our only 3.

4.Like to see the effort to post up Harper.

Looked a lot like the start of last season. Pikiell getting everyone on the court. Will tighten up the rotation when needed. Not much defensive intensity yet, that will come as we move forward

Reactions: RUsojo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT