ADVERTISEMENT

The Kenny Parker factor....

giphy.gif

What and who else is left to shit on?

Have we not finished?

Lather, rinse, repeat from 2015 season.

Reactions: Jimpeg and RuBird
Team is bigger and slower. That's on him.

Watch the better teams. They are long and lean. It's all about speed. We are going the other direction.

Reactions: Steve91562
This isn’t about strength and speed...

It’s about lack of technique and execution and effective scheme and depth

This isn’t on strength and conditioning...

Oh, but you are wrong they go hand and hand. But we can disagree, no biggie.

Reactions: cRURah
Dear Lord some of you sound so stupid. Kenny Parker is not the problem here. He’s damn good and I say that comparing him to several FBS strength coaches.

It’s not his fault we cannot block on the OL or that we play press man without blitzing or punt on the 40 yard line on 4th and 5.

Dear Lord some of you sound so stupid. Kenny Parker is not the problem here. He’s damn good and I say that comparing him to several FBS strength coaches.

It’s not his fault we cannot block on the OL or that we play press man without blitzing or punt on the 40 yard line on 4th and 5.

Stupid?!! No stupid is coming in 3 years ago and shooting your loud mouth off about the prior staff and then doing little positive to improve the situation. Cheeseburgers aren't the answer. You can have all the technique you want but if you are weak and out of shape it shows up,

It was a joke.
Obviously, Parker isn’t the problem. He is probably just copying the workouts they used at Ohio state. The schemes and lower recruited players are more of the problems and that’s on the HC.
I sure as hell hope he’s not copying the workouts from OSU. It would be pretty stupid given the strength and speed that Meyer’s 4 and 5 stars come in with compared to Ash’s 3s and 2s. And not sure how many LBs get turned into DEs or skinny DEs into DTs at OSU. Doubt if he had to deal with OLs like Beatty and Howsom ...

I sure as hell hope he’s not copying the workouts from OSU. It would be pretty stupid given the strength and speed that Meyer’s 4 and 5 stars come in with compared to Ash’s 3s and 2s. And not sure how many LBs get turned into DEs or skinny DEs into DTs at OSU. Doubt if he had to deal with OLs like Beatty and Howsom ...

From what I heard it’s ohio state JV, similar to the way schiano carbon copied what went on at Miami. It can work

giphy.gif

What and who else is left to shit on?

Have we not finished?

Lather, rinse, repeat from 2015 season.

So after yesterday you’re somehow sick of hearing fans call it like it is? What exactly would you like to hear from the fans? Everything is ok, the Coach is building a solid program, yesterday was an aberration, etc? Wake up man this team is the worst in Power 5, and possibly somewhere around 115 out of 130 if not worse than that.

Stupid?!! No stupid is coming in 3 years ago and shooting your loud mouth off about the prior staff and then doing little positive to improve the situation. Cheeseburgers aren't the answer. You can have all the technique you want but if you are weak and out of shape it shows up,

This only solidified my prior post on the topic

Bout 8 of our guys were fast and loose with other people’s credit cards. Does that count for team speed?

Reactions: RUDead

No, he’s not at fault for bad technique and schemes, but he is at fault when the Oline is so weak they can’t get any push at the line on a run play. Aside from Blackshear’s two-stiff arm run, all runners and receivers were stopped immediately upon contact. Zero strength to drag a few defenders the extra yard or two.

No, he’s not at fault for bad technique and schemes, but he is at fault when the Oline is so weak they can’t get any push at the line on a run play. Aside from Blackshear’s two-stiff arm run, all runners and receivers were stopped immediately upon contact. Zero strength to drag a few defenders the extra yard or two.
I will take @RUskoolie 's take on this. I believe he is more qualified and played the game at a high level.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
In fairness to Parker, he can only work with the talent he is given. When we are bringing in borderline talent all the S&C work in the world is not going to turn them into elite players. How many times now, and this goes back to Flood as well, are the kids we are bringing in having us as their only FBS or P5 offer.

Reactions: patk89 and JCKnight
Previous strength coaches, Jeremy Cole and Butler (IIRC) are highly regarded and ran good programs as well as Parker has. Difference being the advertising on Social media that our program is now modeled after Ohio State. Ash also has more finanical resources than Flood/Schiano had.

Thou shall never dare criticize the Urban Myer coaching Tree!!!!

Team is bigger and slower. That's on him.

Watch the better teams. They are long and lean. It's all about speed. We are going the other direction.
Ever think that is what happens when you recruit skinny DB's and WR's and undersized Linebackers and Linemen with the idea of bulking them up in some cases 50 to 60 lbs? Recruiting a bunch of developmental players does not guarantee they will have the required quickness or flexibility once the weigh gain occurs. Some of these guys are probably carrying weight that does not allow them to have the required movement skills. Naturally big/thick athletes are almost always going to better and RU rarely gets those types

They lack confidence, no swagger

It happens when they are unprepared and unsure of where to be on the field.

All the result of weak coaching by Ash

- WR’s can’t brush off db’s at the LOS
- BOTH lines get bullied up-and-down the field
- can’t break tackles (for the most part)
- broken tackles everywhere

...should I go on? Coaching sucks, see my post on TOS, but Parker is obviously a part of the problem as well lol!

its like asking a chief to cook a decent dinner without the required ingredients. developing players takes time and every other school is doing the same nutrition/weight training...I think Parker is a solid coach..

Reactions: Rokodesh
They are stronger but injury prone

Can’t be. Conflicting statement.
Injury prone if not in top shape or not stronger.
Occasionally bad luck,yes. But not at this rate.
I was at the Kansas game. Our guys were dropping like flies. Only one guy from Kansas went down...1st Half.

- WR’s can’t brush off db’s at the LOS
- BOTH lines get bullied up-and-down the field
- can’t break tackles (for the most part)
- broken tackles everywhere

...should I go on? Coaching sucks, see my post on TOS, but Parker is obviously a part of the problem as well lol!
You miss Flood, don't you?:grimace:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT