ADVERTISEMENT

The Practice Bubble

Anteid

Sophomore
Dec 15, 2018
Have any of you ever been inside the bubble before , I can assure you wont like what you see in their and if you are against the idea of a field house , I’m sure you will change your mind afterwards

The field house is going to be built, period. They are going to work on the plans next year, and then once they’re done, the fundraising campaign will commence.

Have any of you ever been inside the bubble before , I can assure you wont like what you see in their and if you are against the idea of a field house , I’m sure you will change your mind afterwards
Who are you, John Travolta?

Yes, I have been in there. While it is not nearly as nice as some of the modern field houses, and what we'll soon have, it is not nearly as bad as you are making it out to be.

Di1vSRlXsAAex8W.jpg

The Bubble Dead Enders, looking to preserve the self supporting structure, are as irrelevant as the handful of faculty cranks still whining about big time Football.

It's Field House time. Just a matter of the specifics; when, design etc.

It might not be as nice as Ryan at NW but much better than what we have.

The Bubble Dead Enders, looking to preserve the self supporting structure, are as irrelevant as the handful of faculty cranks still whining about big time Football.

It's Field House time. Just a matter of the specifics; when, design etc.

It might not be as nice as Ryan at NW but much better than what we have.
Ryan is an all purpose/ multi sport facility. That isn't what Schiano wants. I was supposed to go to a soccer camp with my daughter next month and they cancelled it because "another sport needed the facility"

Reactions: BlockR
having played / practiced 3 seasons in the bubble... the worst part, is the jog from Hale Center locker rooms to the bubble. Inside it is very serviceable still. I don't see any immediate need for a new field house to be built yet. Let's get a winning football season again, and then re-visit.

I’ve been in it a bunch of times and it’s fine. Stop with the hyperbole.
I have been there with my son's teams,
And then with my grandson's teams teams. Never heard a complaint from
The parents, players or coaches every
Time, we thought it was great.
Yes we could need a new one, but it was great inside and served a great purpose for it's time.

It serves it's purpose. I've been in it a lot, for two sports.

having played / practiced 3 seasons in the bubble... the worst part, is the jog from Hale Center locker rooms to the bubble. Inside it is very serviceable still. I don't see any immediate need for a new field house to be built yet. Let's get a winning football season again, and then re-visit.
Um we cant just wait for a winning season and "re-visit" unless you want Schiano to walk away and be looking for a new coach in a few years. Opinions no longer matter it has to be done sooner rather than later.

Yes, I have been in there. While it is not nearly as nice as some of the modern field houses, and what we'll soon have, it is not nearly as bad as you are making it out to be.

Di1vSRlXsAAex8W.jpg
Man its not what the big ten standard are and to be honest it can be better than this , this picture doesn’t show the flaws , not saying that its not useful but it has to be better than this old 70s thing .

Um we cant just wait for a winning season and "re-visit" unless you want Schiano to walk away and be looking for a new coach in a few years. Opinions no longer matter it has to be done sooner rather than later.

So big shot, are you writing the check for 20+mm to build this field house? I didn't think so.
He just signed an 8 year contract. There is no way he walks away in a few years.

Reactions: Unionst
IMO, other sports should share a field house.

Football should get its own bubble and independent football center.

I don’t buy the recruiting angle at all. No one is turning us down because we don’t have an indoor practice facility. They will primarily be on the outdoor practice fields. There’s a video on YouTube where a Michigan facilities guy says UM barely uses their indoor field.

Likewise. Once in the facility it’s no different. It’s a football field.

I always felt the "covered in sweat" 36 degrees January jog from the Bubble back to the locker rooms was the worst.

I spent a lot of time inside the bubble during winter track season

Reactions: BLewis1968
Can we put the new practice facility basically between the Hale and the outdoor fields. Add a 3 or 4 level parking garage to replace to parking lot there now. It will basically make a completely football only football complex all connected. Plus the bubble can stay where it is during construction. And then there is always the space under the addition that was never completed to do something with.

Was coach Ash in the bubble?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT