ADVERTISEMENT

The Sleeping Giant

It has long been told that Rutgers University is a sleeping giant in athletics.

With this 2024 class that we are assembling, after a long, long, long slumber, it appears the sleeping giant is awakening out of its deep sleep.

I cannot WAIT for the 2024-2025 season!!!

And I can’t wait for the players coming next year! 😉

With this 2024 class that we are assembling, after a long, long, long slumber, it appears the sleeping giant is awakening out of its deep sleep.

Agreed but don’t sleep on next season we should be pretty damn good.

Last season we saw Duke and Kentucky get off to slow starts and then emerge late. I suspect that’s due to needing freshmen to grow into the college game. Going into 2024-25 when the phenoms arrive, we’ll be saying goodbye to Cliff, Paul, Cam, and Hyatt. Mag will be a senior, the only starter before next season. I’m excited too, but it could be a year where we look okay in the early going and get very strong late in time for a run in the dance.

Don’t sleep on 23-24. With the continued development of Derek and Wolf, Mag back and the new arrivals, that could be another double bye and decent run in the tournament. Athletic has us starting as a top 25.

2024-25 is going to be a “pinch yourself, it’s really happening” type of season.

Operation Newark net cutting …March 2025

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Last season we saw Duke and Kentucky get off to slow starts and then emerge late. I suspect that’s due to needing freshmen to grow into the college game. Going into 2024-25 when the phenoms arrive, we’ll be saying goodbye to Cliff, Paul, Cam, and Hyatt. Mag will be a senior, the only starter before next season. I’m excited too, but it could be a year where we look okay in the early going and get very strong late in time for a run in the dance.
You are forgetting Derek, Wolf, Gavin, Jamichael, hopefully Baye. That’s a lot of talent that has another 1.5 years to continue to develop before the 24-25 season.

Last edited:

Agreed. But I think Cal has lost his touch. Duke had some injuries early on.

You are forgetting Derek, Wolf, Gavin, Jamichael, hopefully Baye. That’s a lot of talent that has another 1.5 years to continue to develop before the 24-25 season.
I’m not forgetting them. Between the 4 of them, they’ve proven nothing yet. I have not reviewed Duke’s & Kentucky’s rosters, but I’ll bet they likely had just as much talent as you listed returning for this last season and still suffered slow starts. Among the 4 you listed, only Simpson has started any games yet. There won’t be much experience entering 2024-25 any way you slice it. Yes there will be some, but we’ll be heavily reliant on the freshmen, as was Duke and Kentucky this season. Just saying we should expect a slow start.

I’m not forgetting them. Between the 4 of them, they’ve proven nothing yet. I have not reviewed Duke’s & Kentucky’s rosters, but I’ll bet they likely had just as much talent as you listed returning for this last season and still suffered slow starts. Among the 4 you listed, only Simpson has started any games yet. There won’t be much experience entering 2024-25 any way you slice it. Yes there will be some, but we’ll be heavily reliant on the freshmen, as was Duke and Kentucky this season. Just saying we should expect a slow start.
Based on our recruiting and development, I would say you are wrong. We will see, won’t we.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT