Feb 4, 2004
6 of 7 to go from 5-5 to 11-6...

We all know how the schedule turns in a couple of weeks

Meantime it’s
11th place Minnesota on road
13th place Maryland at the RAC
14th place Nebraska on road
12th place Northwatern on road

There is NOT an easy out ever in the big ten ...but it’s time for this veteran teams to avoid the mental and phyacal let down and bring it every night and take care of business and one at a a time , keep winning the games against the teams below us in the standings

One game at a time ...

The reward ...?

Entering the schedule gauntlet at 9-2/15-6 and either leading , tied, or within percentage points of leading the big ten ...and having every game the reminder of the season be of major significance to the conference toward wining a big ten title and NCAA seeding ...

One game at a time ...Minnesota is next ...stay tough and hungry ...and take care of business

Keep playing the defense. We are back to playing the same level of defense that we saw against Clemson and Houston in the NCAA .....

Everything is front of us....

Meantime it’s

There is NOT an easy out ever in the big ten ...but it’s time for this veteran teams to avoid the mental and phyacal let down and bring it every night and take care of business and one at a a time , keep winning the games against the teams below us in the standings

One game at a time ...

The reward ...?

Entering the schedule gauntlet at 9-2/15-6 and either leading , tied, or within percentage points of leading the big ten ...and having every game the reminder of the season be of major significance to the conference toward wining a big ten title and NCAA seeding ...

One game at a time ...Minnesota is next ...stay tough and hungry ...and take care of business

Keep playing the defense. We are back to playing the same level of defense that we saw against Clemson and Houston in the NCAA .....

That is the other side of making a run now. It's not just about banking wins for the NCAA. If we are 9-2 and first in the B1G, we still have a shot at the B1G title. Senior leaders and a lot of experience. Team would have all sorts of momentum and confidence. The RAC will be as crazy as ever. The road win monkey would be off our back.... you never know

I am very worried about Minnesota. 2 guys cramping shows the type of effort we put in. I think our program has monitoring capabilities and science will dictate how we practice the next few days and the allocation of minutes.

ScarletShack wrote: "There is NOT an easy out ever in the big ten ...but it’s time for this veteran teams to avoid the mental and phyacal let down and bring it every night and take care of business and one at a a time , keep winning the games against the teams below us in the standings. "

I second this motion!

I am very worried about Minnesota. 2 guys cramping shows the type of effort we put in. I think our program has monitoring capabilities and science will dictate how we practice the next few days and the allocation of minutes.
Two days off with 3 days off before the last game. 19 and 20 year olds... hydrate and they should be fine. They had a lot of recovery time with covid cancelations recently which makes the season not as much of a gauntlet with that break.

Pike does need to consider minutes plus practice time and make sure the team isn't worn down by February though

Reactions: kcg88
Frank Galvin from “The Vedict”
Paul Newman should have won the Oscar
Yeah, certainly not as memorable or quotable, but your post just reminded me of that past poster always instructing the board to "focus".

Reactions: zappaa
one game at a time

but RU really needs to 3-2 in this stretch if you include these 4 and Michigan State

if you look at the games in groups following michigan state the schedule is brutal where you hope RU can go 1-3....Ohio State, at Wisc, Illinois, at Purdue

then you have the last 4 where you hope to go 2-2: at Mich, Wisc, at Indiana, PSU

that gets RU to 11-9/17-13....while we all want 12-8 because that seems to put us in great shape with just one Big 10 win. Getting to 11-9 puts us right there...probably need two Big 10 tourney wins....19-14 I think we get in. I really think its going to come down to the Big 10 tourney for our hopes

16-14/10-10 winning 2 Big 10 tourney games and getting to the semis but losing puts us at 18-15 that is going to be the bubblicious scenerio...the latter is the reason why I insist RU must play a tougher ooc schedule

one game at a time

but RU really needs to 3-2 in this stretch if you include these 4 and Michigan State

if you look at the games in groups following michigan state the schedule is brutal where you hope RU can go 1-3....Ohio State, at Wisc, Illinois, at Purdue

then you have the last 4 where you hope to go 2-2: at Mich, Wisc, at Indiana, PSU

that gets RU to 11-9/17-13....while we all want 12-8 because that seems to put us in great shape with just one Big 10 win. Getting to 11-9 puts us right there...probably need two Big 10 tourney wins....19-14 I think we get in. I really think its going to come down to the Big 10 tourney for our hopes

16-14/10-10 winning 2 Big 10 tourney games and getting to the semis but losing puts us at 18-15 that is going to be the bubblicious scenerio...the latter is the reason why I insist RU must play a tougher ooc schedule
i don't think 3-2 in the next five games will be good enouigh . Any losses to the next four teams probably negatively impact the NET score .making the February games even more impactful.One game at a time is the mantra but must wins matter right now.

one game at a time

I want that OSU win. I also want Wisconsin. Caleb smoothering Davis all game and we get it done

Last edited:
Bac really has it right. One game at a time. Each game has a certain probability of winning. Nothing is a constant. Not us and not the team on the schedule.

I fully expect 2 or more games where the effort is t our best and the shots don’t go down and we lose by 15. On the flip side I can see us winning some game that the computers say we have a small chance of winning.

I would like to win the next 3 to get us back on the NCAA trend line. The season won’t be over if we go 1-2 in our next 3. Road would just be a Lot tougher.

exactly...going 1-2 the next 3 just means we need to basically win everything at home or steal something on the road

I think do think a NCAA team needs to win at either Minnesota or Northwestern. I think winning at Northwestern will be tough for us. A loss to Maryland at home would be a traumatic blow but each game has to be approached individually

Meantime it’s

One game at a time ...

The reward ...?

You mean continue on a run. We are 4-1 in the Big since the New year with wins over Michigan , Nebraska , Maryland and Iowa and the loss to Penn State . Plus we are 6 of the last 7 when you add in CCSU and Maine that were played on 12/30 and 1/1 . So we are on a run.
I do agree that these next 4 with 3 on the road are crucial as the more we play better on the road and eke out victories , that will definitely help us later at Michigan , Purdue , Wisconsin and Indianda. Plus keeping it going gives us tremendous momentum to take down Michigan State and Ohio State at home in early February. I highly doubt we will lose at home but to get the road woes behind us would be a thing of beauty for this veteran bunch .

Meantime it’s

One game at a time ...

The reward ...?

Minnesota.
This is the game, this is the only game.😊

I did say one at the time twice 😃

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT