ADVERTISEMENT

Today: RU Softball vs LIU Brooklyn, 4pm :

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
RU hosts a very good LIU team, first in the NEC ( 29-15, 10-2), in Piscataway in its last OOC of the regular season. RU has clinched a berth in the Big10 Playoff (May 9-12 in Indiana), but it's seed is still TBD, RU faces Mich St In a 3 game series starting Friday at home. RU will most likely be a 6 or 7 seed.

Full story w links to follow the game:

https://scarletknights.com/news/201...on-conference-game-opposite-liu-brooklyn.aspx

Freshman Phenom Katie Wingert outdid herself today !

Edit- it was Hughes who knocked in the tying runs w 2 outs in bottom of the 7th .

Wingert almost won it as the next batter up when her double almost went out, she did have the walk off game winning homer next time up.

And this was a good LIU team, in first in the NEC w a terrific record.

Last edited:
wtg ladies.........wingert better get big freshmen of the year.....but, we all know how the big 10 will pick a blueblood frosh,,,,,,never mind foy she should be 1st team all-big period!

This was the first softball game I ever saw at RU. I stopped for the baseball game and walked over and watched the softball game. I was impressed and Katie Wingert was spectacular. I think she has 16 home runs this season. I hope they can take care of Michigan State this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT