ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 things you hope to learn from spring practice

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015
Spring practice is getting closer so time to tal a little football.

1. Better picture on QBs.
2. Will our D-line rebound.
3. Will Janarion Grant emerge

1. Will my dual speaker set up work.
2. How best to load the car with the new additions to our tailgating gear.
3. What scotches will work best for this coming season.

Reactions: RUsojo
Spring practice is getting closer so time to tal a little football.

1. Better picture on QBs.
2. Will our D-line rebound.
3. Will Janarion Grant emerge

1 . You won't get yet
2. You won't get yet
3 . He already has .
How about 4. Don't nobody get hurt or get in a fight after the spring game.

I'm pretty much terrified of what our LB's will look like having lost all three starters. We've got some decent options - Russell, Margolis, Johnson, Roberts, Taylor - need these guys to step up big-time.

Similar situation at WR with guys needing to step up to replace Carroo - Grant, Patton, Agudosi, Tsimis, Matthews - all these guys are gonna be in their 4th or 5th years in the program and need to start showing some consistency. Interested to see if any young guys stand out - hopefully Blunt can show something. Gonna have to wait on Harris til the summer because of baseball season.

Lastly it'll be very interesting to see how Ash treats the QB competition with regard to reps.

Reactions: 76Scarlet
How the offense adjust to the new direction?

What the linebackers and secondary handles the aggressive of Ash defense!

Who will be the next QB?

Reactions: RUtix4me
1) will the offense look like they practiced the plays
2) will deceptive plays be in the playbook
3) will the safeties knock down passes - this is one area that has surprised me for years.. that our DBs, safeties especially, only seem to arrive in time to make tackles.. or attempt to make tackles.. rarely do they get PDs (passes defended). This is why Harmon seemed to stand out so much to me.. he got his hands on balls much more than the usual Rutgers safeties... that had to be coaching and scheme.. right? Safeties thinking run-support and/or backstop first?

1) we look like we have a chance on O
2) we look like we have a chance on D
3) we look like we have a chance on ST's

1. Will my dual speaker set up work.
2. How best to load the car with the new additions to our tailgating gear.
3. What scotches will work best for this coming season.

Interesting try to raise a bit of a discussion about football for the spring, the first response is a mod trying to turn it i to another wasted thread. Isnt the comedian boad over at the Syracuse site?

Sometime wonder why I come here? Football?

Reactions: MulletCork
Ehhh want both the O and D to dominate! Oh wait- if one dominates it means the other sucks. Damn, maybe I'll learn nothing haha

Actually just want to see the kids putting in full effort and want to see what the new O may look like

1) do we have island corner players. so the D can run it stunts and open the play book
2) Our linemen quick fleeted to do open blocking in space and KNOW their assignments
3) Are any of our QB quick minded and fast enough to make a power spread work
My top 3 twice
B1) LBs major hole as all three need to be replaced. how much of a drop down will this be will it effect scheming the Defense.
B2) Receivers= Grant, Patton, Agudosi, Tsimis, Matthews, Harris at least 2 need to step up and we will have a good season. BTW in the power spread passing the "second guy" will make a big contribution. And I like the toughness and hands of Tsimis and Mathews who are what I call the second guys. (primary target covered go to the second guy) << relies heavily on sharp and quick reading QB*
B3) sharp and quick reading QB* who will be the best at reading and then accurate throws or smart/fast enough to tuck and run

Our team mantra is changing, how well these young men ( players and coaches) come together will foretell our fall fortunes. (we have the talent needed to win most of our schedule, it all depends on them "gelling")
Believe in each other and Rutgers will prevail

Last edited:
Will our overall D be better?

Seriously though:

(the above) and:
How well will the team adjust to the new offense strategy?
Will our running game (i.e. OL blocking) improve?

1)
3) will the safeties knock down passes - this is one area that has surprised me for years.. that our DBs, safeties especially, only seem to arrive in time to make tackles.. or attempt to make tackles.. rarely do they get PDs (passes defended). This is why Harmon seemed to stand out so much to me.. he got his hands on balls much more than the usual Rutgers safeties... that had to be coaching and scheme.. right? Safeties thinking run-support and/or backstop first?

Yes, good point. I realize this is one of the most difficult challenges in the game but that was my take also that we struggle with knocking down passes. Do you remember at games when the fans (usually in unison) would shout, "TURN AROUND!!!" to our DBs as the ball sailed? This would happen over and over.

1.) Do they "look" more organized on both sides of the ball as compared to under Flood/Schiano?
2.) Do the kids "look" any bigger/stronger/tougher/more motivated than under the last regime?
3.) Compare how each of the QBs look in the offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT