ADVERTISEMENT

Tournament Thread: NCAA Wrestling Championships, Session 2, Thur 7pm

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
After Session I, we sit in seventh place with 8.5 team points.

Championship Round , tonight at 7pm.

125- 4 seed Nick Suriano 23-0 vs 13 seed Zeke Moisey, WVa, 24-9

157- 15 seed John Van Brill 22-12 vs unseeded Kennedy Monday, UNC , 20-14

165- 6 seed Richie Lewis, 20-4, vs 11seed Isaiah White, NEB, 24-6

184- 14 seed Nick Gravina, RUT, 19-5 vs 3 seed Ryan Preisch, LEH, 15-2

Wrestleback Bracket-

133- Scott Delvecchio, RUT, 21-9 vs Mason Pengilly, STAN, 4-2

149- Eleazar Deluca, RUT vs Springer, EMU

Notes-
125- Suriano beat Moisey in late Dec 6-0, and Mosiey had a tough match earlier today, winning 10-7. Mosiey is a former AA.

157- Monday of UNC, won by Major Dec over JVB in mid January. Unseeded Monday upset the #2 seed , Lavalle, to advance. Monday is the son of Kenny Monday, Olympic Gold Medalist and 3x AA from Ok St.

165-- Lewis beat White, 2-1 in a tie breaker back in January.

184- Gravina and Preisch have never met before. Preisch won 5-1 to advance.

Suriano 's match is assigned to Mat 6 tonight.

Last edited:
Abro aren't you out there? If so...please....enjoy yourself instead of worrying about this BUT THANK YOU regardless!

Why call it the "championship round" if you're not automatically an AA winning this match? Shouldn't Friday morning be called "the championship round" because I'm pretty sure you win that you're an auto-AA, right?

Last edited:

Wrestleback Bracket-

Notes-
125- Suriano beat Moisey in late Dec 6-0, and Mosiey had a tough match earlier today, winning 10-7. Mosiey is a former AA.

157- Monday of UNC, won by Major Dec over JVB in mid January. Unseeded Monday upset the #2 seed , Lavalle, to advance.

John Van Brill

Your killing me I linked the other thread as the official thread now you changed the title started another one ugh

Last edited:
It is nice out here. Having lunch/dinner at Flannery’s Pub. Getting ready for tonight. Next to a rowdy Ohio State crowd.

Reactions: Abro1975
Abro aren't you out there? If so...please....enjoy yourself instead of worrying about this BUT THANK YOU regardless!

LOL, I worked most of the day, I'm home now in Cedar Grove, and just found out the wife made plans for an early dinner with my 21 year old son, his GF, her father and brother for 6:30 in Garfield, lol.
I'll be watching via phone til I get home, hopefully in time for JVB. I tried to get out of this , but to no avail.
I'll be watching my phone at the dinner table in my lap, lol.

I went to the NCAAs Wrestling Championships when it was at the Garden 2 years ago, great experience. Hope to get to Pittsburgh next season. Big 10s at RU in 2020 should be awesome as well.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Why call it the "championship round" if you're not automatically an AA winning this match? Shouldn't Friday morning be called "the championship round" because I'm pretty sure you win that you're an auto-AA, right?
Championship round because it's a round with everyone in it still alive for a Championship.(1st place). Anybody that has a loss in tournament will wrestle in a consolation round.

Championship round because it's a round with everyone in it still alive for a Championship.(1st place). Anybody that has a loss in tournament will wrestle in a consolation round.

...so why don't they just call the the 1st round the same? LOL...oh well!

Man, I was saying to myself earlier, "I wonder if Abro will create threads for each session"...low and behold.

You're the man

Wrestleback Bracket-

Notes-

157- Monday of UNC, won by Major Dec over JVB in mid January. Unseeded Monday upset the #2 seed , Lavalle, to advance. Monday is the son of Kenny Monday, Olympic Gold Medalist and 3x AA from Ok St.

Are you starting a separate thread for each session instead of one thread

141 Consi 16 round 1
#8) Nick Lee vs #9) J. Alber

First potential All American gets sent home early

Deluca up 1st on Mat #4 in 149 consolation pigtail...There will be 10 pigtail consolation bouts/1 at every weight and then right into 2nd (round of 16 matches).

Big wins in 125
Louie Hayes beating #5 Faus from NC State
Ronnie bresser beating Lizak in OT

Lizak lost on a Danger Rule...wow

Reactions: ScarletJack
Big wins in 125
Louie Hayes beating #5 Faus from NC State
Ronnie bresser beating Lizak in OT

Lizak lost on a Danger Rule...wow
So Suriano gets Louie Hayes instead of the 5 seed in the QFs? Can anyone provide some detail on Hayes for us relatively new but growing fans?

4th time is a charm, Austin DeSanto beats J. Muller after 3 losses...Gets 2nd seeded Miccic whom he destroyed earlier this year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT