ADVERTISEMENT

UConn/ Notre Dame

richthedentist

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
U Conn up 17 with 1:43 to go looks like another U Conn year and everyone else. This is what makes women’s basketball hard to watch it’s basically U Conn and everyone else

People still watch uconn? They're slowly dieing on the vine. In a couple of years they will be talking about "in the day" type stuff. If you are watching WBB your watching RU.

People still watch uconn? They're slowly dieing on the vine. In a couple of years they will be talking about "in the day" type stuff. If you are watching WBB your watching RU.

LOL! Dying on the vine. That’s a good one. Watch WCBB much?

Last two years they killed everyone because the conference stinks and lost close games in Final Four. Probably not this year but conference they play in stinks.

Uconn will always contend with ND/Stanford/SC but they are definitely not the dominant team of the past and I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t make the NC game this season. Once Geno retires, uconn athletics will fade into total oblivion

Is the "How's your recruiting going" comment supposed to sting? So we lost a couple of top recruits. That doesn't mean the sky is falling. Contrary to popular belief, UConn doesn't ALWAYS get the top recruits. Next year, we will still have two #1 recruits in Megan Walker and Christyn Williams, one of the best PG's in the country in Crystal Dangerfield and a potentially very good Olivia Nelson Ododa. Plus there are a couple players on the bench that aren't exactly chopped liver. UConn will be fine. As dominant as they've been? Probably not, but still a contender.

I have to laugh at comments like "they are definitely not the dominant team of the past". You're not giving enough credit to other teams getting better. No one rolls over for UConn. They get everyone's best effort every game. I'm curious to know what your definition of dominant is.... UConn has been to 11 straight final fours. In the last 5 years, they are 188-3. Wrap your head around that. In 5 years, they've lost 3 games. Maybe you're basing it the last two final fours where they lost in the semi's? They lost both games on buzzer beater, miracle shots, both in overtime. Sometimes you have to just tip your hat to the other team.

Is the "How's your recruiting going" comment supposed to sting? So we lost a couple of top recruits. That doesn't mean the sky is falling. Contrary to popular belief, UConn doesn't ALWAYS get the top recruits. Next year, we will still have two #1 recruits in Megan Walker and Christyn Williams, one of the best PG's in the country in Crystal Dangerfield and a potentially very good Olivia Nelson Ododa. Plus there are a couple players on the bench that aren't exactly chopped liver. UConn will be fine. As dominant as they've been? Probably not, but still a contender.

I have to laugh at comments like "they are definitely not the dominant team of the past". You're not giving enough credit to other teams getting better. No one rolls over for UConn. They get everyone's best effort every game. I'm curious to know what your definition of dominant is.... UConn has been to 11 straight final fours. In the last 5 years, they are 188-3. Wrap your head around that. In 5 years, they've lost 3 games. Maybe you're basing it the last two final fours where they lost in the semi's? They lost both games on buzzer beater, miracle shots, both in overtime. Sometimes you have to just tip your hat to the other team.
Put simply, UConn isn't going anywhere, at least until Geno goes.

I agree with those who have expressed post-Geno concern, specifically -
- the track record shows that even being in his coaching tree has not guaranteed success (or, only he can be "Geno")
- recruiting - far more than a one year "blip" will be more difficult, obviously depending on his replacement
- the conference does "stink", certainly in WBB, and it isn't wonderful in football. If UConn doesn't get invited somewhere else, it will be more difficult to succeed.

That said, I assume he has a number of more years in him and fully expect UConn to be "expected" at the Final Four every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT