ADVERTISEMENT

Was this Palmquist's breakout game ?

Minnesota played zone kinda like Iowa plays zone . Some coaches think Rutgers struggles against the zone and they overplay Cam and let others beat them. Oscar would be good for some zone breaking. He showed he was good at catching and shooting. He was stripped when he dribbled so he is strictly a catch and shoot guy. His defense is not good and he is not strong enough which is surprising having been with the program 3 years . Minnesota ‘s defense was especially porous yesterday so not sure he will be defended like that again. But hitting a 3 is all about confidence. When we are struggling to score and Cam is being doubled or overplayed especially against the zone , swinging the ball to Oscar ,might be worth a 3-4 minute look to see if he can hit a couple. He only got his chance because Wolf attended his grandma’s funeral but maybe that is the break he needed.

He’s got some height and can hit an open 3.
That means you have to pay attention to him and cover him.
Not a bad idea for a few minutes looking for a spark.
Put him out there with Caleb, Cliff and Mag if defense is a problem
I think this is the type of tape he could use to setup a transfer if he wants to play more somewhere else. It will be his call but he could go to a lower level and get real time, his choice of course.

We need a real 7th man contributor, a microwave type I say 3-5 minute stretch with
Him Cam Paul Mag and Hyatt for a different spread the floor offense look
He moves his feet well I think he can defend better with some playing time

Those games when we are struggle scoring and it looks like it’s getting away, it might be worth a few minutes to see if you could get lightning in a bottle with above lineup. Works for PSU at home.

I was happy for Oskar .The video screen showed two fans with his name on the back of their tee shirts.They might have been family.He has a nice touch on the 3 point shot .

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
I was happy for Oskar .The video screen showed two fans with his name on the back of their tee shirts.They might have been family.He has a nice touch on the 3 point shot .
I'm pretty sure his dad was in the stands and his younger brother(?) sitting on the floor in the VIP seats in front of the dance team. Blonde haired/blue eyed young teen looked just like him.

Aiden Terry is shooting 50% from 3 for the season. He needs to get 15-20 minutes per game.
But seriously, hopefully the staff can develop a hybrid defense that permits guys like Palmquist and Reiber to get more minutes in games the offense is struggling for RU.

Oskar has some good looking tools, and has the height and length, but a lot of holes in his game.

Feel if he would have went the small school route, got a bunch of playing time, filled out his game, and then transferred, he might have had a chance at being a pretty decent player at this level.

But as noted above, his D looks to be his biggest issue, and we are a D first team, so I'd be surprised if him knocking down some looks gets him a regular spot in the rotation.

Does he have 2 more years after this?

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Situationally yes.. maybe not as the only big in, but his shooting has shown he can be a stretch 4..valuable shooter against zones..

He’s got some height and can hit an open 3.
That means you have to pay attention to him and cover him.
Not a bad idea for a few minutes looking for a spark.
Put him out there with Caleb, Cliff and Mag if defense is a problem

Maybe if we are playing zone …but not if we are playing five.

The Swede always could shoot - good stroke from three.
D is lacking - but could be integrated for small stretches.

This is the Peter Kiss enigma- how to get a shooter a spot via play or pick. Does not fit what pike conceives.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
. Doesn't matter if its Simpson, Reiber, Wolf or Palmquist. If we can get 8- 10pts a night from those guys it takes alot of pressure off the 1st 6...

That said Simpson has not played well at all for a decent stretch of time. Would love to see him gain his confidence..

Oskar has some good looking tools, and has the height and length, but a lot of holes in his game.

Heh heh. He said "tool" and "hole".

Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF

I think we should just recognize this moment for what it was - a great moment for a guy who has puts in a lot of work to help his team in practice, remained loyal and by all accounts is a great teammate. It was a blast watching him and the crowd enjoy this. But Minnesota is horrible and it’s really unlikely he’ll make another contribution like this again.

Long as we're wishing for stuff, I'm gonna wish that the entire bench start hitting 3s with regularity every time they step out onto the floor. Depth could be a big help over the next 3 games.

. Doesn't matter if its Simpson, Reiber, Wolf or Palmquist. If we can get 8- 10pts a night from those guys it takes alot of pressure off the 1st 6...

That said Simpson has not played well at all for a decent stretch of time. Would love to see him gain his confidence..
Pretty much this. Coming off the bench in limited minutes is not easy at all. If a guy is feeling it like Oskar was last night you run with it. Pike knows what to more than all of us combined so these threads are silly yet here we all are giving our useless opinions lol

Happy to see Dean playing well of late. Any bench help we can get is huge for us.

Pretty much this. Coming off the bench in limited minutes is not easy at all. If a guy is feeling it like Oskar was last night you run with it. Pike knows what to more than all of us combined so these threads are silly yet here we all are giving our useless opinions lol

Happy to see Dean playing well of late. Any bench help we can get is huge for us.
On the other hand it’s not rock science. Guys do come out of nowhere sometimes when given a chance. Robin James any one?

Will be interesting if Rutgers plays Iowa in the BigTen tournament. Defense does travel “as they say” but so does efficient offense and if scoring 95 is gonna be necessary to beat a great offensive team then it is your job as a team to score 95.

Simpson has no outside shot, he shoots line drives. He also doesn't beat his man off the dribble to the hoop. He has been bad for a while. Wouldn't mind seeing Oskar take Simpson and Reibers minutes and see what happens.

Dean playing well? His defense and rebounding are terrible.

Dean playing well? His defense and rebounding are terrible.
I was thinking we may see Oskar get those very few minutes when Dean would have to play the 4. It's probably been a negligible number of minutes over the course of the season, but it's not absolutely zero either.

Whatever the case, just saw Rutgers MBB post on Instagram w/ Oskar wielding the Knight's sword after the game and it said his family was visiting from Sweden. How freakin' cool is that?!? Feel so happy for the kid. I think we can all agree on that.

Sometimes don’t ask questions and just ride the wave. St. Peter’s?

Happy for kid. Minnesota defense was piss poor. They didn’t contest shots.. Oskar can make shoots if no one plays defense on him. Can’t put ball on floor and can’t guard.

Neat for him to shine in front of parents but won’t see more than five mins any game going forward.

GO RU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT