ADVERTISEMENT

We’ve had Fran Flips- how about some Panagos Pilfering?

Something makes me think Panagos/Schiano will lay off Fleck's recruits this year out of respect. The only ones that would be in play would be guys Panagos recruited, but did not commit to Minny.

Yeah makes sense. Schiano is too classy to steal recruits from one of his students.

Especially after the things PJ said about Greg after the Minny/RU game this year.

"But I will say this, he’s one of the best coaches I’ve ever seen, he’s the greatest coaching influence of my life, I learned more college football, I learned more business, I learned more (about) how to treat people, I learned more Xs and Os, I learned more discipline, I learned more work ethic from that man that I ever learned from anybody in my entire life.”

Last edited:
Something makes me think Panagos/Schiano will lay off Fleck's recruits this year out of respect. The only ones that would be in play would be guys Panagos recruited, but did not commit to Minny.
FB really is WAR. EAT when you can SLEEP when you can AND take NO prisoners.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I thought the same thing but Urban took our best from Ash so I guess it’s possible. We did steal their DL coach which is also a loss for Fleck.

Especially after the things PJ said about Greg after the Minny/RU game this year.

"But I will say this, he’s one of the best coaches I’ve ever seen, he’s the greatest coaching influence of my life, I learned more college football, I learned more business, I learned more (about) how to treat people, I learned more Xs and Os, I learned more discipline, I learned more work ethic from that man that I ever learned from anybody in my entire life.”

Savvy move. He knew Schiano was getting the RU job.

Reactions: Yeah Baby
Oh please this is a business. You think if Urban went back to OSU he wouldn’t try to flip kids from his coaching tree?? This is BIG TIME COLLEGE FOOTBALL kids. Get use to it and love it!

p.s. - that DOES NOT mean that Greg would, or should, negatively recruit against his coaching tree. Syracuse? Negatively recruit all the **** you want buddy HAHAHAHAHA!!

No need to negative recruit and it’s poor form within the BIG. I doubt anyone does it.

Good chance he brings WDE Wesley Bailey. He officially visited West Virginia, Illinois and Minnesota so far.

WTF? The day UM stepped foot into the B1G all honor was thrown out the door.
Greg is not going to back off anyone’s recruits...This is the big leagues as Fleck will be in our back yard. And he should be. Greg needs to go after every and all players he wants.

i don't think this is necessarily a thing. at least not a common one
It was a thing for us. Our former coach, when first hired said he would not poach any players he had recruited to the Buckeyes. Little did we understand it was our misinterpretation: when he said he wouldn’t, he meant he couldn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT