ADVERTISEMENT

We only dropped 3 spots in the latest AP Poll

RU MAN

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2001
We only dropped 3 spots in the latest AP Poll. We're now 20th. Last week we were #17. I hope our women can take this week and find themselves again and prepare mentally and physically for our game against Maryland this upcoming Sunday. Yesterday was IMO a low point for this team. I was very surprised at how poorly we played, although I did see it coming a bit based on how we played against Indiana. It's time to regroup for the home stretch.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

Reactions: MADHAT1
Could that be last week's poll? I say that because in that one, NC State is unbeaten, but they lost over the weekend...

ETA: Seems like you are right, though. Still ranked at #20. That's good, a mid-season road loss at Minnesota isn't a big disaster. (A disaster is our men's team leading the entire game at Wisconsin, but then losing. I'll be surprised if they're still ranked)...

Could that be last week's poll? I say that because in that one, NC State is unbeaten, but they lost over the weekend...

ETA: Seems like you are right, though. Still ranked at #20. That's good, a mid-season road loss at Minnesota isn't a big disaster. (A disaster is our men's team leading the entire game at Wisconsin, but then losing. I'll be surprised if they're still ranked)...
No that's the latest poll. UCONN dropped to 5th.

A drop of three spots is okay. Iowa dropped three also. Maryland is back in the top 10. What I do not like is that RU dropped off of two ballots.

Given the recent alterations of team personnel, it should not be a surprise that there were some misfires in the adjustments. How about we root for Minnesota until RU and Minne meet again? Yesterday, the loss was a bad loss. In a month, it may not be; recall that they defeated Syracuse this season. You never know--who predicted UNC would beat #1 Notre Dame and the last unbeaten NC State?

Reactions: RU MAN
I was pleasantly surprised to see RU at #20 .
Seems like this team is getting some respect.

3 spots last week, 3 spots the week before ... 3 more after UMD?

Week 14 ranked 20
Week 13 ranked 17
Week 12 ranked 14
Week 11 ranked 20

I look at it this way:
A win against Maryland and RU might be 14 or better in week 15 [banana]

Never look for defeat when success is within your grasp.:boxing:[cheers]

I watched a little of the Maryland-Illinois game and Maryland as good as they are, are very beatable, like we beat them in their house. If our women can play smart and with the intensity that I know they can bring, they can beat Maryland on Sunday.

I watched a little of the Maryland-Illinois game and Maryland as good as they are, are very beatable, like we beat them in their house. If our women can play smart and with the intensity that I know they can bring, they can beat Maryland on Sunday.

It seemed like Maryland's intensity disappeared after going up 43-20, and it ended up being only a 14 point margin of victory. And the three point shooter couldn't hit the side of a barn. Coach needs to keep them focused better, I think.

Illinois has some good players. I'm surprised they've won so few games.

It seemed like Maryland's intensity disappeared after going up 43-20, and it ended up being only a 14 point margin of victory. And the three point shooter couldn't hit the side of a barn. Coach needs to keep them focused better, I think.

Illinois has some good players. I'm surprised they've won so few games.
DC, really good points. We definitely need to be focused and we can beat them again. Yes, we need to hit our shots and if I recall correctly in our first meeting with them, we knocked down a lot of threes especially in the first half. We need to keep that up. Does anyone know if Guirantes is okay? And is Jenkins now suspended indefinitely?

Really bad loss. They are lucky to still be in the top 20.

Really bad loss. They are lucky to still be in the top 20.
Yes, it was, but it was on the road. Our women just didn't show up. Guirantes our second leading scorer was ineffective due to injuries and Jenkins has been suspended and did not play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT