ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for MSU @ RU: some light showers likely for tailgates (<0.1") and steadier rain for the game (0.1-0.25")

- red UA long-sleeve
- Nike (puke) Block R Red Coach's short-sleeve
- Black Block R Athletes lightweight jacket
- Red Block R baseball cap
- grey cargo shorts
- poncho (thx @MrsScrew)
- Red Block R socks originally worn to Indianapolis in '21

.......anyone not going, due to the potential of a little rain, sucks. EVEN MY SOON-TO-BE-86 YEAR OLD DAD WILL BE THERE!!!

46 degrees and downright cold. I think the cold temp has been underplayed in the thread. Dress in layers and dress warm. Low 50s will probably do it

I dont like the look of channel 7s futurecast radar which already has full rain coverage in the area at noon

Very little change in the NWS-Philly forecast for today and while the models last night at 0Z and, so far, this morning at 6Z, have bounced around some, the overall thinking looks about the same, i.e., some light rain showers likely for the tailgates, where about 0.05-0.10" of rain will likely fall through about noon, which is enough to get folks wet, so canopies are still highly recommended. Then, the rain looks to get steadier and heavier throughout the game, with about 0.2-0.3" falling from 12-4 pm, so rain gear is a must for most folks.

Note that there are still some models (6Z HRRR, RAP and NAM) that show little (<0.02") to no rain through 11 am and even noon, so mostly to completely dry tailgates are still possible, but other models show 0.05-0.10" of rain through 11 am (Euro, GFS), so the intermediate position of occasional light showers bringing about 0.05-0.10" through noon seems reasonable, which is what the NBM (National Blend of Models) shows, while the TWC model shows about 0.12" through noon.

From here on out look at the radar and the sky and enjoy the tailgates (which could've been much worse if the forecast from early in the week verified) and the game and GO RU!!

https://www.weather.gov/phi/

2hLYdkP.png
Sucks for the tailgate. This is one of those days, however, when I celebrate for moving to seats in the stadium that are under cover.

Reactions: RUPinstripe
Enjoy guys. Rooting for no rain and a big crowd OTB. Team Smooth is heading up to CT for the USA-Germany game. Wife asking 10 million questions about weather, but advised me to "see what the board says" in regard to rain. She knows where to go for the forecast!

Well, the radar is looking a bit worse than forecast for this time, so it's possible we'll see a bit more rain for the tailgates than expected, although even the latest HRRR and RAP (which run hourly) are still only showing about 0.05-0.10" by noon, so we'll see; however, AccuWeather and TWC/News12 (which use the GRAF model) are showing more like 0.1-0.2" by noon with steady rain by 10 am or so. Time to get ready and go - see y'all after the game...

Reactions: RUPinstripe
Well, the radar is looking a bit worse than forecast for this time, so it's possible we'll see a bit more rain for the tailgates than expected, although even the latest HRRR and RAP (which run hourly) are still only showing about 0.05-0.10" by noon, so we'll see; however, AccuWeather and TWC/News12 (which use the GRAF model) are showing more like 0.1-0.2" by noon with steady rain by 10 am or so. Time to get ready and go - see y'all after the game...
Well, it's looking like a bit of a fail by the HRRR/RAP and other models, like the NAM which have consistently shown <0.05" through about noon, at least if the latest HRRR is right, as for the first time, it's now showing 0.1-0.2" of rain through noon with occasional to steady light rain, especially after 10 am. As I've said countless times, when the forecast is for 0.1" or less and the forecast error bars are +/- 0.1" of rain, that means anywhere from 0" to 0.2" would be considered a pretty good forecast. Unfortunately, it's looking like we'll be on the high side of that range. Not much we can do about it now - hopefully people are bringing canopies, which people will be fine under, or just don't care about some rain.

Game mode time - let's go RU!!!

Honest to God it’s barely a drizzle over here right now. Still. Obviously that can change but there’s really no reason not to be here.

Reactions: RUinOhio
Hoping it is dry through 2pm... will be hard to convince gf to go...

Once there I can say weather was supposed to be good through 5pm and say I am sorry
GF saying it's raining more than I told her it was going to... Not looking good for me

• Haha
Reactions: thegock
It’s going to be a ghost town inside the stadium and it’s a must win game
I’m in blue. Seems like a good turnout and the boardwalk is packed. Kinda surprised. No rain for the most part. We have no canopy and I’m dry. Hope you’re wrong need a win! Go RU

Well it's 11 am and we've had 0.02 inches of rain since about 8.30 am in the yellow lot, so turns out the nws forecast was spot on so far... much of the "precip" so far was virga... barely any rain the last 90 min...

- red UA long-sleeve
- Nike (puke) Block R Red Coach's short-sleeve
- Black Block R Athletes lightweight jacket
- Red Block R baseball cap
- grey cargo shorts
- poncho (thx @MrsScrew)
- Red Block R socks originally worn to Indianapolis in '21

.......anyone not going, due to the potential of a little rain, sucks. EVEN MY SOON-TO-BE-86 YEAR OLD DAD WILL BE THERE!!!
Cargo shorts? What is this, 2003?

LOL just kidding!

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT