ADVERTISEMENT

Went to the TCU-WVU game tonight, how they handled fans

A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

First and foremost it was nice to see a live sporting event for the first time in a year but limited capacity and mask wearing is just so whack, its really just a shitty experience.

When you walk in they temperature check you and if youre good they let you go in (that’s totally okay) then they have you somewhat spaced out and with a good distance between groups.

Overall if this is how its gonna be, its gonna murder sports. I’ll never go to another game with limited capacity and masks. Theres just no atmosphere and no energy as people dont like yelling into a mask haha. Hoepfully were back to full stadiums/arenas with zero restrictions by the fall.

Also, fvck bob huggins, guy gets every call and wrecked my TCU +7 winning by 8

what did they do about food, how many were there.

fauci said masks until 2022..what a dope...but unfortunately because fear mongering sells and the sheep buy in, I expect masks at the RAC next year with half capacity.
Concessions wide open and didnt need to mask when eating/drinking. Hence alot of the home crowd was drinkin beers no masks the whole time haha. I didnt drink so wore mine the whole time

They also werent entirely strict on maks enforcement as the fans had them pulled down when they were booing the refs. But just ft weird. Capacity was probably like 10% it sucker

Concessions wide open and didnt need to mask when eating/drinking. Hence alot of the home crowd was drinkin beers no masks the whole time haha. I didnt drink so wore mine the whole time

They also werent entirely strict on maks enforcement as the fans had them pulled down when they were booing the refs. But just ft weird. Capacity was probably like 10% it sucker

what kind of crowd makeup? and were the prices jacked up? how easy to get tix?

what kind of crowd makeup? and were the prices jacked up? how easy to get tix?
I got tickets for $22 haha, so not bad. Granted tcu stinks this year and people probably dont wanna go watch a bad team with all these bs restrictions.

Crowd was a solid mix of what appeared to be donors, alums and students. Weirdly a strong contingent of wvu fans too

you mean the guy who has flip flopped about a dozen times on each issue whether it was the virus coming to the US, masks, double masks, opening schools, herd immunity, vaccines..you mean that one..you be you.
as more is known, opinions and advice sometimes change.
The expert that refuses to look at the new evidence coming in and acting according , does more harm than good.
Covid 19 was poo pooed by many in the beginning and the results were devestating because people refused to beleive what was happening and attacked the integrity of those trying to warn the public.

Kudos for wearing the mask out of precaution. Odds are, if you have a mask on in an arena setting for 2 hours at 10% capacity you’ll be fine. There’s an MIT mode out there that’s cool for reference.

Flight was probably less safe than the game TBH.
Well I had no choice regarding the mask haha they wont let you in without wearing one. I always wear masks where mandated, not because I am afraid of covid (ive had it already in the fall which means i basically cant get it or spread it at this time) but i really just dont wanna deal with dorks who would chastise me for not wearing one.

you mean the guy who has flip flopped about a dozen times on each issue whether it was the virus coming to the US, masks, double masks, opening schools, herd immunity, vaccines..you mean that one..you be you.
I hope you’re not in the science field because that’s basically what happens all the time. New evidence comes in and recommendations change. People once thought that dinosaurs were killed by a volcano, ulcers were caused by stress and Neanderthals were idiots. There was a consensus on those “facts” for a long time and they were all proved to be false within the last 30 years. We’re only 1 year into COVID. We’ve got a ways to go until we fully understand it.

I hope you’re not in the science field because that’s basically what happens all the time. New evidence comes in and recommendations change. People once thought that dinosaurs were killed by a volcano, ulcers were caused by stress and Neanderthals were idiots. There was a consensus on those “facts” for a long time and they were all proved to be false within the last 30 years. We’re only 1 year into COVID. We’ve got a ways to go until we fully understand it.
Nothing to see here lol.

fauci said masks until 2022..what a dope...but unfortunately because fear mongering sells and the sheep buy in, I expect masks at the RAC next year with half capacity.
You have zero understanding of any of the science related to COVID and you continue to demonstrate that every day. Fauci did not say "masks until 2022." He said it's possible we might need masks into 2022, but he also said, "As we get into the fall and the winter, by the end of the year, I agree with (President Joe Biden) completely that we will be approaching a degree of normality."

There is still much we don't know about this virus, so being able to predict its course with high certainty, especially given the unknowns about vaccines and adoption of vaccines and potential mutations of the virus, is nearly impossible, which leads to necessarily uncertain statements like the one above. You have the same inability to understand probability and uncertainty in your weather posts, which is strange because those factors weigh heavily in your bracketology posts, especially early on when uncertainty is higher.

It's because of idiots like you who deny the science that we're in so much worse shape than the countries in East Asia and Africa and elsewhere that have 1/10th to 1/100th our death rates. Your act is growing very old. Go find some more far right win twitter crap to feed your fellow morons.

Last edited:
You have zero understanding of any of the science related to COVID and you continue to demonstrate that every day. Fauci did not say "masks until 2022." He said it's possible we might need masks into 2022, but he also said, "As we get into the fall and the winter, by the end of the year, I agree with (President Joe Biden) completely that we will be approaching a degree of normality."

There is still much we don't know about this virus, so being able to predict its course with high certainty, especially given the unknowns about vaccines and adoption of vaccines and potential mutations of the virus, is nearly impossible, which leads to necessarily uncertain statements like the one above. You have the same inability to understand probability and uncertainty in your weather posts, which is strange because those factors weigh heavily in your bracketology posts, especially early on when uncertainty is higher.

It's because of idiots like you who deny the science that we're in so much worse shape than the countries in East Asia and Africa and elsewhere that have 1/10th to 1/100th our death rates. Your act is growing very old. Go find some more far right win twitter crap to feed your fellow morons.

Who is denying science here and who is bringing politics into the thread...not me...you are unhinged

Everyone in this country does not have to fall in line for Fauci and not question him. Your emotional meltdown response to me is typical and not surprising

Who is denying science here and who is bringing politics into the thread...not me...you are unhinged

Everyone in this country does not have to fall in line for Fauci and not question him. Your emotional meltdown response to me is typical and not surprising

Beatdown not meltdown

This is why people take umbrage to you. If they don't fall in line with your thinking or science they are labeled idiots.

Hired by two consecutive presidents but he’s a dope. Lol. Can’t make this stuff up on RU message boards.

From what I recall, you flipped back and forth with Fauci on several occasions. Are you now "you being you"?

Exactly! 12 months of lockdowns and 500k died. Obviously lockdowns didn’t work!

Do you know how bad it would it would have been with no lockdowns? North NJ and NYC hospitals were bursting at the seams less than a year ago. Lockdowns helped.

Hired by two consecutive presidents but he’s a dope. Lol. Can’t make this stuff up on RU message boards.

As a partial face of this pandemic along with Disappearing Debbie, the initial, national response was a clown show. It defied medical and scientific logic. As a result, this entire country suffered. Whether or not it was his decision, he was the face of it, and wiped a bunch of egg off his face because of it. With Birx out of the way and with Fauci now making logical decisions/recommendations, he has earned some credibility back.

Reactions: Rutgers56
But a politician celebrated as the great Covid buster ordered statistically the most vulnerable people into nursing homes(by far the most vulnerable venue) and produced a predictably horrible result. Yet he has been celebrated on the left. Idiotic.

This is why people take umbrage to you. If they don't fall in line with your thinking or science they are labeled idiots.
If the shoe fits. I have very little patience left for people with zero science background or knowledge posting misleading and wrong information about COVID science, because, yeah, I do know more about COVID science than the vast majority of people. I spent 9 years at RU learning about science and 30 years in Pharma practicing deep science. It matters.

Shhhhhhhhhhh, the world famous Dr Bac speaks lol

I’ll take Fauci’s opinion over yours. You’re just ignorant.

Which opinion of fauci's are you taking?

1. You do not need to wear a mask.
2. You need to wear a mask
3. You need to wear two masks.

maybe we can have full stadiums with no distancing if we wear 5 masks, maybe 4. definitely not less than 4 though.

Last edited:

Trump didnt hire him. Trump was forced to deal with him because he was there. Biden brought him on because it would make trump look bad. simple as that. This guy has been wrong every step of the way. As I stated above he has changed his mind on masks three times. which leads me to believe he is just winging it at this point. Every single piece of data says masks are basically useless depending on the type of mask. Most importantly the ones that us losers are forced to wear that are made out of old underwear. If masks worked everyone would be back at work, schools would be open, stadiums would be full. Most importantly if your dirty old t-shirt worked as a mask then every hospital would use them to dramatically cut costs. They don't because..... they dont work. I shouldn't say they don't work. They stop 3% or so of the particles. So yes technically they work a little. You would also see a big difference between NY/Florid/california or North Dakota and South Dakota. You dont.... None of the "science" people ever want to talk about "non-science" states doing just as well if not better than the "science" states.

not only that i wear my mask everywhere i go and i still got covid in December. Every single person who gets covid today in NY or states with similar rules got it wearing a mask.

Covid unfortunately was a way to get trump out of office. This is how we ended up where we are today.

Trump didnt hire him. Trump was forced to deal with him because he was there. Biden brought him on because it would make trump look bad. simple as that. This guy has been wrong every step of the way. As I stated above he has changed his mind on masks three times. which leads me to believe he is just winging it at this point. Every single piece of data says masks are basically useless depending on the type of mask. Most importantly the ones that us losers are forced to wear that are made out of old underwear. If masks worked everyone would be back at work, schools would be open, stadiums would be full. Most importantly if your dirty old t-shirt worked as a mask then every hospital would use them to dramatically cut costs. They don't because..... they dont work. I shouldn't say they don't work. They stop 3% or so of the particles. So yes technically they work a little. You would also see a big difference between NY/Florid/california or North Dakota and South Dakota. You dont.... None of the "science" people ever want to talk about "non-science" states doing just as well if not better than the "science" states.

not only that i wear my mask everywhere i go and i still got covid in December. Every single person who gets covid today in NY or states with similar rules got it wearing a mask.

Covid unfortunately was a way to get trump out of office. This is how we ended up where we are today.

It would seem the majority of the country believes it was anything but "unfortunate" he's no longer in office.

i am sorry to keep going on and on and on but this drives me nuts.

Fauci was literally on national television for months saying we need a vaccine to get back to normal. Fauci is now saying on national television that vaccines really dont work as well and it will take until 2022 to get back to normal even with vaccine and x amount of people walking around today who survived covid.

We now live in a society that does not believe in herd immunity through infection. Herd immunity has been part of science since the beginning of science and now we do not believe in heard immunity unless it comes from a vaccination not from being infected with a virus. And oh yeah back to my point above fauci says the vaccine doesnt work all that well so herd immunity will take even longer.

Last edited:
It would seem the majority of the country believes it was anything but "unfortunate" he's no longer in office.

It is not unfortunate that trump is not president. This is of course per personal preference.(even though biden has done effectively nothing to stop the virus like he said he would except wear two masks...)

It is unfortunate because politicians used covid as an excuse to lock people in their homes (and turn voting laws on their heads )which lead to job loss, suicide, drug overdose, depression, education issues, health risks..... dont even get me started on cuomo effectively sending the elderly to their deaths in nursing homes. This is what is unfortunate not a politician losing his job.

Think about it any kid in NYC whose parents are not wealthy enough to send their kids to private school have not been in school for over a year. they will be set back years. These are the lucky kids with a parent at home. Imagine the kids who have a single parent that works. What do you think this is going to do to these kids? This set kids back, who are already behind, another three or four years. This is unfortunate.

By the way every rich area in suburbs like Westchester are back in school at least part time. All of them have a plan to go back full time by end of march. And yet not one death has occurred to any child or teacher due to covid.

To be fair this extends to basketball as well, see every discussion about three point shooting ever.

I don't think this demonstrates what you think it demonstrates.

i am sorry to keep going on and on and on but this drives me nuts.

Fauci was literally on national television for months saying we need a vaccine to get back to normal. Fauci is now saying on national television that vaccines really dont work as well and it will take until 2022 to get back to normal even with vaccine and x amount of people walking around today who survived covid.

We now live in a society that does not believe in herd immunity through infection. Herd immunity has been part of science since the beginning of science and now we do not believe in heard immunity unless it comes from a vaccination not from being infected with a virus. And oh yeah back to my point above fauci says the vaccine doesnt work all that well so herd immunity will take even longer.
Every part of this post is wrong. Fauci has not said anything about vaccines not working well - in face he has gushed over how effective these vaccines are, i.e., beyond our wildest dreams from last summer. Having to possibly wear masks through the end of this year doesn't mean most of life won't be back to normal and he never said we absolutely will need masks past the summer, but it's possible, depending on vaccination rates and new variants, which are somewhat unknown.

And your comments on herd immunity are simply stupid and dangerous, IMO. If we have 30-40% infected now and have had 500K deaths, we'll possibly have another 500K deaths by allowing infections of another 40% of Americans (and millions of severe infections) to be the path of herd immunity vs. close to zero deaths if we achieve herd immunity by vaccination as there have been 0.0 reported deaths due to COVID from anyone vaccinated.

Every part of this post is wrong. Fauci has not said anything about vaccines not working well - in face he has gushed over how effective these vaccines are, i.e., beyond our wildest dreams from last summer. Having to possibly wear masks through the end of this year doesn't mean most of life won't be back to normal and he never said we absolutely will need masks past the summer, but it's possible, depending on vaccination rates and new variants, which are somewhat unknown.

And your comments on herd immunity are simply stupid and dangerous, IMO. If we have 30-40% infected now and have had 500K deaths, we'll possibly have another 500K deaths by allowing infections of another 40% of Americans (and millions of severe infections) to be the path of herd immunity vs. close to zero deaths if we achieve herd immunity by vaccination as there have been 0.0 reported deaths due to COVID from anyone vaccinated.

While we are on vaccines, I still want to know how you got a vaccine even though on March 7 2020 you said you do the shopping and all because you are the only one in the family not compromised. If not compromised how did you get it? I have a 90 yr old customer of mine that is still waiting for one.

While we are on vaccines, I still want to know how you got a vaccine even though on March 7 2020 you said you do the shopping and all because you are the only one in the family not compromised. If not compromised how did you get it? I have a 90 yr old customer of mine that is still waiting for one.
I already posted about this on the COVID thread, as being 1B along with my wife, and I shared every link/resource I could to try to help others to get their vaccines - maybe you should help your 90-year old customer get a vaccine appointment instead of trolling COVID and weather threads.

And while I'm not immunocompromised as I said back in March, there are a whole bunch of conditions that get one 1B status that we didn't know about back then and it's really none of your effing business how I qualified. If you and your smarmy brother weren't such jerks to me on a regular basis, maybe I would've shared the info.

It's also more than a little creepy that you're digging up old posts of mine to see what I may have said about myself and my wife and my son almost a year ago, as per your quoted post above and the post, below, from the COVID thread. You really need to reconsider how you interact with people on these boards.

I know your wife and son are qualifies to receive the vaccine. I was wondering how you were able to be qualified since you are not 65 yet?

For folks in this thread who are legitimately looking for info/resources on getting vaccines, these are the links I posted in the COVID thread. We've helped about a dozen people get their vaccines via the info we've shared. Good luck.

https://www.atlantichealth.org/mychart-patient-portal.html

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://twitter.com/C19VaxxUpdates?s=09&fbclid=IwAR3y1QvRhYRNwaqvbh2DH79WNYBYriL-PeZXrYV9uaeKEA8WkrF4S9tk7wg&h=AT2H9hZwKu63kvMzdVpQ7bEPHTmsd2Sjl-2WnUHtbd1FQ-llne_DuMnEa41fi95OhAJsdFHp0iSMXUhSaP5U9ZP1wwPij3rUTrX5aG9tDGwlluc28hPLTm4O5hmJa34C15w

https://linktr.ee/C19VaxxUpdates

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT