ADVERTISEMENT

What Raise does Schiano deserve if he wins 6 Games??

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
Greg wins 6, they will give him an extension of at least a couple of years. Question is, what kind of raise would he deserve?

I think a bump to $6.1M, which is the same amount Marylands Coach makes is reasonable.

Reactions: Fat Koko
Greg wins 6, they will give him an extension of at least a couple of years. Question is, what kind of raise would he deserve?

I think a bump to $6.1M, which is the same amount Marylands Coach makes is reasonable.
Greg deserves an atta boy and a promise of extension talk, next year, after seeing if Rutgers does well in 2024.
Schiano has an 8 year contract and this season is his fourth.
No need to rush.

None at all. That's his job.
As long as he wins 6, he will receive an extension. This is what Politi wrote.

Schiano is the Big Ten’s lowest paid head coach as the midpoint of his contract arrives at the end of the season. The assumption will be that something — an extension, likely — will take place then, and that the results on the field will determine how that takes shape.

seems like you are doing some yourself or getting sucked into replying because you refuse to admit Schiano might repeat the way the G1 era put RU FB on the win map in his second go-round .
Your negitivity is showing
He's already got 4 more years. Why would the AD give him even more time and money for a 6 win season? Is there a danger that he'd be snapped up by another program for a 6 win season? You guys are unbelievably deluded about his market value as a HC.

He's already got 4 more years. Why would the AD give him even more time and money for a 6 win season? Is there a danger that he'd be snapped up by another program for a 6 win season? You guys are unbelievably deluded about his market value as a HC.
stop whining when you see anything that makes Schiano look like he might just be successful.
He's on his 4th year after taking over a program that was 9-39 the four previous years
his record to date since he came back is nothing to write home to mother about, but he had a terrible program to fix and it shows
but gives hope that it can and will do better
Seems like you expect instant gratification so whine and cry foul when anything positive is posted about Schiano
Notice the second year

Rutgers Scarlet Knights (Big Ten Conference) (2020–present)
2020Rutgers3–63–65th (East)
2021Rutgers5–82–76th (East)L Gator*
2022Rutgers4–81–87th (East)
but the bowl game was only because of APR, even if the program met low post season bowl eligibility standards , the team improved enough on the field to qualify..
Rome wasn't built in a day , RU FB won't be either.

stop whining when you see anything that makes Schiano look like he might just be successful.
He's on his 4th year after taking over a program that was 9-39 the four previous years
his record to date since he came back is nothing to write home to mother about, but he had a terrible program to fix and it shows
but gives hope that it can and will do better
Seems like you expect instant gratification so whine and cry foul when anything positive is posted about Schiano
Notice the second year

Rutgers Scarlet Knights (Big Ten Conference) (2020–present)
2020Rutgers3–63–65th (East)
2021Rutgers5–82–76th (East)L Gator*
2022Rutgers4–81–87th (East)
Lol you sing this same tired song over and over and try to defend Schiano by attacking his critics. It's pathetic. FYI: nobody should get a raise and an extension for a 6-6 season, especially when they got the security of an 8 year contract from the start. It's his job to win games, he's already well paid and he's in no danger of leaving because of a 6-6 season.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
stop-whining-get.jpg

What more proof do you need that Al is a troll? To start a thread like this hoping/knowing that it will get Rutgers supporters to argue amongst themselves once again about the HC is the very definition of trolling a fan base. At some point the moderators need to step in and least give him a short suspension as a warning to cut the crap.

What more proof do you need that Al is a troll? To start a thread like this hoping/knowing that it will get Rutgers supporters to argue amongst themselves once again about the HC is the very definition of trolling a fan base. At some point the moderators need to step in and least give him a short suspension as a warning to cut the crap.
put him on ignore .
Al might go completly overboard most of the time , but he brings a positive vibe when many only want to hear Rutgers is a loser, the coach sucks and the players are untalented and post that way.

When things might be looking down, sometimes we need someone to say :" all good now" like AL has done for years to boost our spirits.

See a thread Al starts, follow Dionne Wawwick's advice : Walk on By

no ,you just remind me of a little kid complaining , every time someone says Rutgers might be getting better .
When seeing that your negativity shows this way
8100c2d1effc3a0dd54846705877bbe91e472c206f53b5414a4c3a50d12d45d2.jpg
Your reading comprehension must be really poor then. This was about giving the coach a raise and extension for a single mediocre season, which hasn't even happened yet. Have you noticed only you an Al are still devoted to Schiano in this cultlike manner?

Lighten up Francis… it’s a joke
so that's how you joke.
Hell of a way to defend how you post about someone you disagree with.No need to lighten it up , I can see where you're coming from .
Don't be so sensitive

Your reading comprehension must be really poor then. This was about giving the coach a raise and extension for a single mediocre season, which hasn't even happened yet. Have you noticed only you an Al are still devoted to Schiano in this cultlike manner?
same old song by you anytime Schiano's name is mentioned , so wash , rinse repeat fits your posting habits.
Stop whining

I vote for a full year subscription to the jelly of the month club.
Be careful there….

He might look you straight in the eye and tell you what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, four-flushing, lowlife, snake licking, dirt eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat ass, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed, sack of monkey sh*t you are!

Holy Sh*t! hallelujah! Where’s the Tylenol?

Reactions: NickRU714 and fsg2
stop posting and I will 😁
No. You can't silence the coach's critics just because you have some weird devotion to him. Only he can silence his critics. I suggest you find a real job and leave defending Schiano to his agent.

Reactions: tico brown
Agree but Al just put a stake in the ground for an extension for Greg when he gets 6 wins.

Then what happens with 4-5 wins this season with Greg’s extension? How long does RU let Greg twist in the wind after this season?

As long as he wins 6, he will receive an extension. This is what Politi wrote.

Schiano is the Big Ten’s lowest paid head coach as the midpoint of his contract arrives at the end of the season. The assumption will be that something — an extension, likely — will take place then, and that the results on the field will determine how that takes shape.

What what? What Politi wrote? What the heck does that mean? 😀

Wait, is that, like, your RUFB version of "but you shook Sinatra's hand"? If so, then allow me to embrace my inner Willy Bank and say: screw what Politi wrote. 😉

Your line here, Al, is: "Screw what Politi wrote?" 😨

In any event, I have serious doubts we're getting to 6 wins this season. Let's get the wins first and then we can talk about it. Although I'm more likely to say, no extension, no raise. GS can keep his job. And if he does 6 wins the next season, then maybe do the extension and a raise. It's not like his contract doesn't have performance bonuses already. Let him earn them.

No. You can't silence the coach's critics just because you have some weird devotion to him. Only he can silence his critics. I suggest you find a real job and leave defending Schiano to his agent.
lol, I just put positive spin when you push negativity.
I have said Schiano needs time and time runs out if no bowl by the end of year 5.
You just don't like being called out for your constant : we are going to fail messages and whine about it with posts that don't accept the positive looking messages.
No one is trying to silence you , I'm just saying when you post your negative messages expect me to reply with some positivity back
Now stop whining about that.

lol, I just put positive spin when you push negativity.
I have said Schiano needs time and time runs out if no bowl by the end of year 5.
You just don't like being called out for your constant : we are going to fail messages and whine about it with posts that don't accept the positive looking messages.
No one is trying to silence you , I'm just saying when you post your negative messages expect me to reply with some positivity back
Now stop whining about that.
Dude, give it a rest. Stop whining about critics. You're deviating from the entire point of the thread for yet another tired "I'm so positive rant."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT