ADVERTISEMENT

What Weights Do We Target and Who Do We Target in Transfer Portal?

Weird.
Boone taking visits makes me think the staff has someone lined up for heavyweight.
Boone is a top 33 Heavyweight.
We don't currently have anyone better on the roster.
I don't see him progressing from a NCAA qualifier to an AA, but I have been wrong many times before.

Weird.
Boone taking visits makes me think the staff has someone lined up for heavyweight.
I don't see him progressing from a NCAA qualifier to an AA, but I have been wrong many times before.
Exactly. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out and possibly why it went in this direction.

Weird.
Gotta give Boone props for improving this year.. it’s not easy to do in d1.. wonder why he is transferring.. perhaps getting better offers elsewhere? He’s a solid HWT, Either way, with so many names in the portal I’m curious how many actually find a new home out of all of them..

If we don’t get any transfer I’m curious how Casale would do at hwt.. he was a good prospect out of hs.. 40-50 big board ranking… he’s more of a 215 tweener weight tho..
What little we saw of him, he didn’t look even close to stepping in to be a starter in the B1G. I really hope the staff has a better plan than elevating someone on the current roster.

What little we saw of him, he didn’t look even close to stepping in to be a starter in the B1G. I really hope the staff has a better plan than elevating someone on the current roster.
Damn that’s disappointing.. he looked like he had real potential coming out of h.s… d1 is hard..

I think Lock Haven or somewhere similar is a good move for Boone. He’d be towards the top of a conference like that while he’s middle of the road in the big 10. Not sure off the top of my head which NQs are retuning but I would assume he’d have a decent chance at a conference championship, top 3 for sure, and a NQ bid. Wish him well.

Huh? Casale wrestled 4 matches last year at the Princeton open. He faced 3 lesser wrestlers and pinned them all and in his lone D1 match he only lost 4-2 to a 6th year senior and 3x national qualifier.

Are you thinking of Odonnell who was an auto pin/tech fall?

Casale is probably too small to be a big ten heavy.
Gotta pack some lbs on. Cassar wasn't B1G enough but he did right. Snyder undersized heavy and understood he was a special talent. Boone on the move for something. What's the reason? Casale took over? Incoming transfer?

Reactions: KidDagger
2x AA @ 133, DeAugustino bout to hit the portal soon too.. that’s 3 AA northwestern loses.. what’s going on over there..
I can’t imagine Northwestern is in a great place in terms of geographic location and athletic history to be big players in the NIL world

I can’t imagine Northwestern is in a great place in terms of geographic location and athletic history to be big players in the NIL world
Sigh. What once consisted of loyalty and pride has turned into:

show me the money GIF

Last edited:
Unless these kids have graduated, instead of realizing the value of a NW education, they might be sacrificing it for dollars. Sigh. What once consisted of loyalty and pride has turned into:

show me the money GIF
In 99% of jobs no one cares what school you went to. These guys are going to where they can get money now and get the best wrestling opportunities

Reactions: RUpop
Only 24 wrestlers are allowed on the team. I don't think they keep any grad students.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT