ADVERTISEMENT

What would need to happen for RUFB to be picked preseason #1

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
With the news today RU Womens Soccer was voted preseason 1st place in the Big Ten (first time in history for any RU sport, in any conference), it got me thinking what it would take for this to happen in football.
This is a huge event because it shows that not only are our sports improving their records, but the respect is finally coming with it. In my opinion, this would have to happen:

-RU comes off a Big Ten football title the year before, and a bowl win/CFB playoff championship
- 1 of OSU, Michigan, and PSU come off a down year
- the other 2 both have freshman QBs, ie their starters the year before we’re seniors (this would be make it the most difficult, since we would also have had to win the conference given both of them behind senior QBs). Thoughts?

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!

Reactions: RU848789
A certain poster **coughs *rutgersal* coughs** picks us preseason #1 every year so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
A “We Are Marshall!” scenario happens to just about everybody in the P5.

• Sad
Reactions: MrsScrew
Given our history, just being picked Top 25 should make us happy. Being picked #1 takes years/decades of success. Ohio State doesn't even get placed at #1 most years.

Probably need kyk's idea of Elon Musk funding RU's NIL efforts to come to fruition.
This haha. Wed need a billionaire who gave zero fvcks and bought all the talent we need over a 5 year span

We would need to play a competitive national championship game and return about 18-20 of our starters and then we would have a very good chance of being picked as a preseason #1 in the polls.

With the news today RU Womens Soccer was voted preseason 1st place in the Big Ten (first time in history for any RU sport, in any conference), it got me thinking what it would take for this to happen in football.
This is a huge event because it shows that not only are our sports improving their records, but the respect is finally coming with it. In my opinion, this would have to happen:

-RU comes off a Big Ten football title the year before, and a bowl win/CFB playoff championship
- 1 of OSU, Michigan, and PSU come off a down year
- the other 2 both have freshman QBs, ie their starters the year before we’re seniors (this would be make it the most difficult, since we would also have had to win the conference given both of them behind senior QBs). Thoughts?
One of us on here to hit the Megamillions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT