ADVERTISEMENT

Why do care about every other teams problems

redlight123

Freshman
Jan 30, 2016
We need to stop berating every other team and be positive about our team. Stop the little league mentality already. Whiners never win.
Ok

So you think ONLY RU fans do this?!?:joy:

Fans of every team, EVERY TEAM...pro, or amateur do this! Bama fans do it...temple fans do it, cowboy fans do it...from the winningest team to the bottom of whatever list...

One of those sports truisms! People enjoy and revel in the misery of teams other than their own!

Reactions: Scarletwoman
- This is a football board.

- Rutgers doesn't operate in a vacuum. What happens at one school affects others.

I agree that there is too much PSU nonsense for example but understand why some feel it's important. I just wish some of those same people would stop acting like the younger sibling yelling "Look at me, look at me".

Why do you talk about any other presidential candidates with you friends other than who you're voting for? And if you're a Yankees fan, you better not so much as even KNOW the names of the other teams or any player that's not a Yankee gosh darn it ! :P it's sports, what a silly question why do we diehard fans talk about college football and major storylines from the sport !

We need to stop berating every other team and be positive about our team. Stop the little league mentality already. Whiners never win.
Ok

Nice first-ever post on ScarletNation. Seriously? Kind of makes your team affiliation suspect.

Sorry do not mean to offend. It is good to discuss football but not dwell on others issues. Do we need this to feel better about our team. Are we that small minded n NJ. I think not.

Nice first-ever post on ScarletNation. Seriously? Kind of makes your team affiliation suspect.

Lets stop this i was banned for two years because someone "didn't like my post" "I was a Syracuse troll".... Let's give him a chance to prove he is either a troll or a baffune...

It's a message board and it's the offseason. we need lots of threads to keep people like me sane.

So you think ONLY RU fans do this?!?:joy:

Fans of every team, EVERY TEAM...pro, or amateur do this! Bama fans do it...temple fans do it, cowboy fans do it...from the winningest team to the bottom of whatever list...

One of those sports truisms! People enjoy and revel in the misery of teams other than their own!
I agree. It's human nature to take a little perverse pleasure in the failings of others. It is also human nature to look for silver linings. Given our lack of recent success on the field, our silver lining right now just might be partially found in schools whose problems exceed ours.

maybe hes saying we should NOT focus on other schools woes,gloat when they lose a recruit, and worry about RU recruiting..issues first and foremost?

Sorry do not mean to offend. It is good to discuss football but not dwell on others issues. Do we need this to feel better about our team. Are we that small minded n NJ. I think not.

Just curious: what posts in particular can you cite as examples of such offenses?

ScarletNation members--both fans and alumni--are scattered all about, well beyond NJ. With that, many have local/regional insights and info to share about the landscape of CFB, and that has both relevance and merit. It's healthy to present and discuss what other teams/schools are doing wrong and right.

If you are asking me to stop pointing out State Penn hypocrisy, cultism, arrogance and generally disgusting behavior then forget it, it isn't going to happen.

I will continue to belittle them at every opportunity.

Reactions: NY AGENTMAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT