ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA 2024 Season thread

Didn't see the game, but Ms. Clark had quite the night. 19 pts, 13 assists, and 12 boards. They go to 9-13, and Betnijah, and Liberty go to 17-4. Betnijah had 20 pts in the loss. Indy 83-Liberty 78. 🙄

Reactions: MADHAT1
Late game Phoenix 84 - LA 78. Taurasi MIA, and Griner might as well have sat out. Copper had 25pts., and 10 boards. Where would they be without KFC?

Went to the game tonight - they had another a dozen former Liberty players come on court for a bow between quarter, including Carson, Prince and Wicks for some RU flavor

7/13 scores; Liberty beat Sky. Don't know how. Betnijah back out with that got darn knee, Stewart also out. Angel came crashing down to earth.

7/14/24. Looks like Erica's days days with Indiana are just about done. Hope she goes to a team with a better coach that can use her skills, and not just Caitlin.

Not surprised, but Betnijah "underwent minor knee surgery today." They are looking at a 4-6 week rehab. 😡

Forgot to add that it was her former team/Chicago that traded her that got their arse kicked.

Lots of drama of the negative variety in the Chicago game if anybody watched...bad look for Chennedy Carter, Angel Reese, and new coach T-spoon. Mabrey demanded out of Chicago, and got her wish. She then got elbowed above the neck, and knocked to the ground by Carter who has already been shopped around the league a few times.
Other games.

Well the Liberty were due to lose. Loss at the hands of 2nd place Conn. Thank god Betnijah was in uniform but DNP. Hopefully she can play some minutes next game.

I come in peace as an Iowa fan and because of CC, new to the WNBA.

Indy HC has finally figured out her lineup and the combos that work.

Wheeler isn't getting the minutes because they've figured out who plays under control in the fast paced game that Clark excels at.
Hard to imagine the Fever keeping Wheeler next season.
Fever are one inside player away from contending next year.
BTW: Reece's selfish play is destroying the Sky and Carter is a thug.

Reactions: eso1989
And now her supporters will have an excuse why she wasn't ROY.

Looked at her stats ....she had a field goal percentage under 45% within 5' of the hoop.
A tremendous rebounder that's a one trick pony.

And now her supporters will have an excuse why she wasn't ROY.

Looked at her stats ....she had a field goal percentage under 45% within 5' of the hoop.
A tremendous rebounder that's a one trick pony.
She reminds me of a Paul Silas type of player .
Rebounding and D strengths, shooting not so much and best offensive move is putbacks after an offensive rebound from missed shots ( hers or teammate)

Reactions: MitchLL
She reminds me of a Paul Silas type of player .
Rebounding and D strengths, shooting not so much and best offensive move is putbacks after an offensive rebound from missed shots ( hers or teammate)
Good comparison. Some have even mentioned Dennis Rodman.

Good comparison. Some have even mentioned Dennis Rodman.
I was thinking of Rodman , but in my opinion Dennis wasn't interested in trying to score and passed up taking shots when he was open and didn't try to get open , setting himself in position for rebounds came first while Paul wasn't a good shot but tried his best to score if left open .
I feel Angel looks for rebounds first, but when given the opportunity will take the shot and try to get open before setting up to go after offensive rebounds

Reactions: MitchLL
I was thinking of Rodman , but in my opinion Dennis wasn't interested in trying to score and passed up taking shots when he was open and didn't try to get open , setting himself in position for rebounds came first while Paul wasn't a good shot but tried his best to score if left open .
I feel Angel looks for rebounds first, but when given the opportunity will take the shot and try to get open before setting up to go after offensive rebounds
In her last game, she shot an airball from about 18'.

She's really challenged offensively.

Oh crap. Just when I thought things were on the way up Naj goes down,

Just watched a good old fashioned arse kicking by the Liberty over Dallas. Betnijah was in beast mode. Her defense was splendid. Of course her bright pink sneakers were tres glam as well. The whole team got minutes.

Imagine betting on games last nite when every playoff team rested the starters?

How about Mystic fans that paid big $$$ to see Clark and she played 20 minutes?
WNBA record crowd last nite.

Imagine betting on games last nite when every playoff team rested the starters?

How about Mystic fans that paid big $$$ to see Clark and she played 20 minutes?
WNBA record crowd last nite.
Actually when the team already made the playoffs resting its stars is a common practice, once playoff position is set . No sense in risking injury when a win isn't needed and back-ups can get the playing time that would be denied them in a meaningful game.

Actually when the team already made the playoffs resting its stars is a common practice, once playoff position is set . No sense in risking injury when a win isn't needed and back-ups can get the playing time that would be denied them in a meaningful game.
It's common in many sports, but I was referring to the "betting line".

Imagine last night's Liberty game and how many people would have counted on NY resting all the starters?
Then the Dream nabs the last playoff spot by beating the top team in the League.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT